Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #57
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Dev Journal: Twitter in The Show

From what I understand, and I could be wrong too, but it seems that the Twitter feed will only be approved Tweets only by approved handles.

So that means to me that we are not going to see all 750 MLB Twitter handles and we're not going to see every Tweet by whatever handles have been approved.

So if @Trouty20 just tweeted that he just banged his GF, we may not get to see that on the MLB13 Twitter feed.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #58
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I think you're right (that's it's separate from/not really intended for franchise...though I imagine if a given player has an account, you might still be able to view it through his card in franchise if you wish). To be clear, I don't think the disappointment for most people is rooted in the feature as it's implemented (or a misunderstanding of it's implementation), just in the hope some had that it might be related to franchise presentation, which it isn't. Like you said though, for those playing The Show Live, it could end up being a very nice companion feature.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #59
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Funny how most of your responses to everyone come off really condescending and defensive...

Well dont take them that way. Some people need a little thicker skin. Its hard to convey intent with a keyboard.
You have a right to complain or be disappointed or whatever and we have a right to complain or be disappointed in your complaints.

Its called banter. Thats all. No one hates you, at least I dont.
Dont be so sensitive.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #60
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
That's exactly my point "SPECULATION" is what drove you to disappointment. I agree it is natural for people to speculate on features I'm not denying that, but look at the first page in this thread everyone is disappointed etc...........speculation only gets you so far. I get that people want the twitter intergrated in Franchise mode, but what I'm saying is before we had this info today everyone speculated this was a franchise feature and when the info drops that it is not everyone gets up in arms about it. No one to blame but themselves. How's the saying go..........assuming makes an A** out of you and me both.
I just think you are over reacting by saying 'everyone gets up in arms about it"

People aren't mad or up in arms. i think if you look again most folk say they are dissapointed but that's about the extent of it.

Little to justify being accused of crying and being mad.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #61
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
I just think you are over reacting by saying 'everyone gets up in arms about it"

People aren't mad or up in arms. i think if you look again most folk say they are dissapointed but that's about the extent of it.

Little to justify being accused of crying and being mad.
I mean everyone in a general sense. Not everyone literally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #62
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Well dont take them that way. Some people need a little thicker skin. Its hard to convey intent with a keyboard.
You have a right to complain or be disappointed or whatever and we have a right to complain or be disappointed in your complaints.

Its called banter. Thats all. No one hates you, at least I dont.
Dont be so sensitive.

I wasn't referring to you...but there is no reason for other people to call out or make an issue out of others that post anything they dislike...
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #63
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Go look in the CD franchise thread. Some of the info has already been given to us by Knight and Co. One of them stated that there is a ticker that scrolls across the bottom in the franchise menu that gives u scores/states/updates on call ups/send downs/ trades etc...........that's just part of it from what I've read.
I saw that much. So the fake "media" (newspaper) stuff is gone completely? I thought someone said it got replaced, but I guess they meant that they took out newspaper and added MLB.com, not that it "replaced" it exactly. I was not aware of that actually.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #64
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
I wasn't referring to you
No, I didnt think you were, I was just defending ShowTyme a bit.... well maybe me too!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »