Home

MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #33
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: (PS Blog) Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed!

I saw a quick shot of the new diamond shaped jumbotron in Dodger stadium which looked fantastic but I hope next year they enlarge the HD screen to fit the entire diamond shape like whats in the picture

Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #34
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: (PS Blog) Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed!

Couple things about the push pull system. I thought you could really see a difference in the hitting tendencies against the CPU batters. I did not get the same sense when I was up at bat. My ability appeared to totally override the system, for example when using Jeter because of my early timing he was a solid pull hitter for me. Also worth mentioning due to a lack of time there currently is no AI for fielders to automatically adjust defensively based on the specific type of hitter. You can manually make the adjustments for yourself against the CPU but do not expect the CPU to adjust against you. The only one that is hard coded is the extreme shift for certain batters.

Overall I like how the system is differentiating hitters but it did not feel complete to me in its current state. It does not hurt the game at all but to me at times I felt disconnected with it. The other guys may have different observations with it.

Last edited by nemesis04; 01-30-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #35
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Fantastic blog, so much footage to enjoy, so many different teams and ballparks featured.

That guy voicing it over sure sounded like he knew what he was talking about too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man, everything looks so great. Unbelievable job by everyone involved. I'm big on stances, deliveries, etc. so seeing the updated ones for Posey, Braun, Ortiz, Longoria, and what I think I could make out for Harper and S. Castro, got me all excited. One thing I keep seeing that bothers me is that they keep giving Joey Votto eye black, which I don't remember ever seeing him wear, being a Reds fan that watches nearly every single game.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #37
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwoosh23
Man, everything looks so great. Unbelievable job by everyone involved. I'm big on stances, deliveries, etc. so seeing the updated ones for Posey, Braun, Ortiz, Longoria, and what I think I could make out for Harper and S. Castro, got me all excited. One thing I keep seeing that bothers me is that they keep giving Joey Votto eye black, which I don't remember ever seeing him wear, being a Reds fan that watches nearly every single game.
I know, I thought I asked them to remove that in one of the CD threads
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #38
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Of Course they has Ike Davis striking out against the braves. When I initially watched I thought he hit a home run but the view didn't look right. Then I went back and he struck out:/ and hopefully they got his stance updated. This is an older build so maybe.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #39
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Couple things about the push pull system. I thought you could really see a difference in the hitting tendencies against the CPU batters. I did not get the same sense when I was up at bat. My ability appeared to totally override the system, for example when using Jeter because of my early timing he was a solid pull hitter for me. Also worth mentioning due to a lack of time there currently is no AI for fielders to automatically adjust defensively based on the specific type of hitter. You can manually make the adjustments for yourself against the CPU but do not expect the CPU to adjust against you. The only one that is hard coded is the extreme shift for certain batters.

Overall I like how the system is differentiating hitters but it did not feel complete to me in its current state. It does not hurt the game at all but to me at times I felt disconnected with it. The other guys may have different observations with it.
Tell me this is gonna help with opposite field home runs n hits cause to me there has been way to many of both in this series for to long?
Old 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
If I just pointed out the things that are great all the time where would that get us? I complain about things because I love the game and I see things that I think, my opinion, could be improved. Its a message board about a MLB video game, if this isn't the place to post opinions about the game then where is.

I haven't even seen the push/pull system yet, how can I say anything about it except that I hope it pans out? I never said it looks bad, or it looks great. It has potential and I can't wait to actual see it in action.

I don't just say, "That looks bad!" I explain why I feel that way, which I feel is completely valid.

I also said I liked Longoria's new stance and that they fixed Braun's open stance. You overlooked that.

Go back and look at this thread and see what happened. Where complaining about a gripe got us. post #41 on
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2044663340
All I'm sayin' is you will never be happy with the game because, in my opinion, you ( and some other people ) analyze the game to a point where you can't fully enjoy it. I'm honestly not directing any negative energy your way. It's just what I observed.

I didn't overlook anything. This isn't an argument.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »