Home

MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included)

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video Q&A with Ramone Russell (Some Gameplay Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyHaze09
it pains me to see this game still doesnt have half the features mvp 05 had....i want to be able to create my own stadium or create a team and use them in franchise i want to relocate my team and all that good stuff. scea you have die hard fans who arent happy with the lack of progress. I cant believe noone has referenced mvp 05 when talking about features to add to the show.
Maybe not in this thread, but people have.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #114
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
This is a different game. I'm guessing they want to build it a different way, the way they see fit. Kinda cheap to just only "steal" ideas from other games, especially ones that didnt have the same limitations. That stuff would be cool but its also fully understandable and has been explained either why or how they dont do those things.
Stealing is a weird word in video games though. Video games are so repetitious as time goes on that everyone has stolen from someone. You could say the analog swing controls is stolen from previous baseball games. Who cares, if it plays well you use it unless there are certain legal reasons preventing that.

I do think in this situation though the amount of work that it would take doesn't outweigh the benefits SCEA would get from it. If they could parlay that tech and create a new mode with it, like an Expansion mode, I could see them going that route. But as an addition to Franchise, I'm not sure its worth the time/resources to them. There are so many modes in the game I wonder if they would ever actually do this without taking out another mode though.

Knight in the CD thread did mention some hints that there was discussion about a create a stadium feature though. Although a simple one.

Quote:
Again I may be asking too much here, but ability to create a stadium similar to what MVP had. I am sure I am not the only one who gets sick of their teams stadium after a season or 2 in franchise and would love to give their team a fresh look - I guess this is similar to the requests for create a uniform.
A stadium creator that would create stadiums to the detail of those in the game...no.
But...I have to admit...there was some talk of ideas of pre-set stadium builder. Just talk, but it shows it's not impossible on a less fully detailed level.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 01-30-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #115
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyHaze09
it pains me to see this game still doesnt have half the features mvp 05 had....i want to be able to create my own stadium or create a team and use them in franchise i want to relocate my team and all that good stuff. scea you have die hard fans who arent happy with the lack of progress. I cant believe no one has referenced mvp 05 when talking about features to add to the show.
Because a lot of those MVP features are no longer possible. Stadiums are 300 times more complex than they were back then. Now we have unique lighting schemes, shadows, shades of colors on the walls, etc specifically appropriated for each stadium... The file size of a stadium in The Show makes MVP pale in comparison. The problem with create-a-anything mode in the current generation is that you have all sorts of variables that just could not be compensated for.

Look at how simple MVP's create a stadium mode was. I owned that game for 5 years, I remember it quite well. It was an amazing game, but come on. If you're going to live in the past, you might want to study it. Things have changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #116
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Stealing is a weird word in video games though. Video games are so repetitious as time goes on that everyone has stolen from someone. You could say the analog swing controls is stolen from previous baseball games. Who cares, if it plays well you use it unless there are certain legal reasons preventing that.

I do think in this situation though the amount of work that it would take doesn't outweigh the benefits SCEA would get from it. If they could parlay that tech and create a new mode with it, like an Expansion mode, I could see them going that route. But as an addition to Franchise, I'm not sure its worth the time/resources to them. There are so many modes in the game I wonder if they would ever actually do this without taking out another mode though.

Knight or someone in the CD thread did mention some hints that there was discussion about a create a stadium feature though.
I have to stop reading your posts, they reiterate exactly what you just posted and magically leads right into another rambling gripe and new tangent. You sir are a Jedi at this.

I choose the word steal because creators/developers have pride and want to be as original as possible, and if they have to "borrow" much like music (theres only 8 notes youre gonna have to repeat sometime) then they want their own spin on it. As well, you seem to constantly assume that your revelations are no brainers and SCEA is lacking for not actively pursuing or even consider adding anything that pops into your head.

They have a direction and their own vision. They make the best product they can in a way that the MOST people can enjoy while probably maintaining a sense of pride, accomplishment and integrity, and stand behind their product. Its actually talked about everywhere how this dev team is special. Unless Im missing your true meaning in everyone of your 100's of posts, a little tact is missing...if thats the case I apologize.

OS is a great place, and its awesome to know that being an SCEA-SD fanboy is not an insult to someone, its a badge of honor. Im an SCEA-SD fan boy.

Good work on the the improvements, they are vast and impressive. (had to mention something about the thread)

Last edited by MLB Bob; 01-30-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #117
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
I have to stop reading your posts, they reiterate exactly what you just posted and magically leads right into another rambling gripe and new tangent. You sir are a Jedi at this.

I choose the word steal because creators/developers have pride and want to be as original as possible, and if they have to "borrow" much like music (theres only 8 notes youre gonna have to repeat sometime) then they want their own spin on it. As well, you seem to constantly assume that your revelations are no brainers and SCEA is lacking for not actively pursuing or even consider adding anything that pops into your head.

They have a direction and their own vision. They make the best product they can in a way that the MOST people can enjoy while probably maintaining a sense of pride, accomplishment and integrity, and stand behind their product. Its actually talked about everywhere how this dev team is special. Unless Im missing your true meaning in everyone of your 100's of posts, a little tact is missing...if thats the case I apologize.

OS is a great place, and its awesome to know that being an SCEA-SD fanboy is not an insult to someone, its a badge of honor. Im an SCEA-SD fan boy.

Good work on the the improvements, they are vast and impressive. (had to mention something about the thread)
You've taken what I wrote and turned it into something else. Hyperbolized it to no extent. Why does everyone get so defensive about criticisms on here? Even if you are a SCEA-SD fanboy why does that require that everyone on here needs to only give praise and not criticize or present new ideas? Do you not feel the game could improve in the future? Who's to say I am not a fanboy and why a fanboy can't give criticism of the only game that they buy every year at launch no questions asked?

Everything I've said on OS is because I love the game. I wan't it to be as good as it can be, which is my own opinion. We only get ONE The Show game every year. What is wrong with wanting that ONE game to be better? Even if that is my own opinion I feel the need to express it because we only get ONE game. A game I will buy every year regardless of what I say because that game is a fantastic product in the end. But how can anything not improve?
Old 01-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #118
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
You've taken what I wrote and turned it into something else. Hyperbolized it to no extent. Why does everyone get so defensive about criticisms on here? Even if you are a SCEA-SD fanboy why does that require that everyone on here needs to only give praise and not criticize or present new ideas? Do you not feel the game could improve in the future? Who's to say I am not a fanboy and why a fanboy can't give criticism of the only game that they buy every year at launch no questions asked?

Everything I've said on OS is because I love the game. I wan't it to be as good as it can be, which is my own opinion. We only get ONE The Show game every year. What is wrong with wanting that ONE game to be better? Even if that is my own opinion I feel the need to express it because we only get ONE game. A game I will buy every year regardless of what I say because that game is a fantastic product in the end. But how can anything not improve?
As I said its the lack of tact, and if that's not the case, and everyone is reading your posts wrong, that every post mentions what you didnt like, asking your self a new question, and then doubting everything that may make it not possible. Its ok to criticize. Its ok to offer feedback and say what you dont like, but theres also a way to not constantly have people cringe when they see yet another thread dominated by "I wonder why they dont do such and such" and |its been done before so there is no reason not to", and "I think I know whats best for them."

You may have valid points, but if you go back through the threads, look at what posts the devs and other CD guys are "like"ing, you're rubbing the devs the wrong way, and it makes the rest of us trying to get our concerns heard as well, lost in a sea of negativity.

I dont doubt you love this game. But many times the devs respond to sincerity and thoughtfulness and well explained requests in a way that is proposed as a new idea or improvement and not a "new complaint" and self conversation leading into another error to be pointed out with a new hypothesis to why it hasnt already been implemented.

You get better customer service when you dont lead with "your company dropped the ball in this area, ya sure youre the best, but hey, this could make it so much better" Nobody likes being told what to do and then criticized for not doing it, especially when they voluntarily by putting themselves in this position.

They do feed back forums, they do wishlist threads but almost every single thread, no matter the topic, turns into "they still need to add this" What about just stating impressions of what you do know and not get "scared" that something kind of confuses you or doesn't seem like the way you would have executed it. We are all greedy for info, I get it and as I said before, if I am misreading all your posts than I apologize and a lot of others will have to apologize to you as well...

Last edited by MLB Bob; 01-30-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

The problem is that you fail to grasp the difference between constructive criticism and incessant bellyaching. You actually make this forum less enjoyable because you post everywhere and it always involves a complaint.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #120
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6

I recall Russell saying a year or two ago that it was simply not possible to get a stadium creator into the game. It was way too complex for the level of detail the stadiums have this generation of gaming. It may have been easy 8 years ago on the Xbox, but the resources they would have to put into it to give us the tools to make it work are too costly in their opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »