Home

MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: (PS Blog) Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I really hope the push pull system pans, out it could really give each player a different feel when batting and pitching.

Opinions on any of the new stances shown? That's always the first thing I look at with these videos that get released even if the builds might be old and the stances could have been updated, i.e. Kemp in a previous video.

Glad Longoria got a fixed stance, looks alright. Ortiz's stance looks, odd, I get what they were going for though. Glad they made Braun's stance more closed.

I really hope when the next console is upon us the batters in the game wont all grip the bat the same, so tightly and sometimes overly-rotated around the bad. I think it could change a lot about how the batters look in the game, even it was only like 3 options. Loose, normal, tight for batting grip it could make all the difference.
You will never be happy. I've observed your posts lately. You always have something to gripe about. I could understand to a point if all you do was watch a video game, but most people play it as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #26
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: (PS Blog) Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed!

Really excited at the implementation of push/pull. I hope it gives a completely different feeling of hitting with different types of hitters. Just curious if the L, C and R display colors are static or dynamic based on hitter tendency? They appear to be static in the video - the highest number doesn't always correlate to the red zone. It's probably because it's an older build, but wasn't sure if this was by design or not. I'm at work, otherwise I'd post a pic - you can see what I'm talking about during the 1:34-1:43 mark.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #27
MLB The Show Designer

Lorne_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
This might be a stupid question to ask, but did most players receive new mugshots this year or is it only for players who switched teams during the offseason and rookies and such? Just curious.
If we were provided with their mugshot by MLB, they are in the game.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #28
MVP

Baseballking888's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
If we were provided with their mugshot by MLB, they are in the game.
Oh okay. Thank you!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #29
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
You will never be happy. I've observed your posts lately. You always have something to gripe about. I could understand to a point if all you do was watch a video game, but most people play it as well.
If I just pointed out the things that are great all the time where would that get us? I complain about things because I love the game and I see things that I think, my opinion, could be improved. Its a message board about a MLB video game, if this isn't the place to post opinions about the game then where is.

I haven't even seen the push/pull system yet, how can I say anything about it except that I hope it pans out? I never said it looks bad, or it looks great. It has potential and I can't wait to actual see it in action.

I don't just say, "That looks bad!" I explain why I feel that way, which I feel is completely valid.

I also said I liked Longoria's new stance and that they fixed Braun's open stance. You overlooked that.

Go back and look at this thread and see what happened. Where complaining about a gripe got us. post #41 on
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2044663340
Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #30
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Some of those stances look great, and Bryce's eye black looks awesome.

The way hitting works now is beautiful, and can add a lot to the gameplay and the strategy used while playing.

This game is going to be spectacular, I WANT MORE BLOGS!!

Old 01-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #31
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Painted! Planted! Spaced! Windowed! Arch Patterned!

In addition to the solar panel and truck grille in LCF!
u need to thank thaSLAB if u see improvements. he remembered all these without looking at your posts..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #32
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Very cool. Great job Ramone, and everyone on the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »