Home

MLB 13 The Show Video Interview - Franchise and Road to the Show Changes

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video Interview - Franchise and Road to the Show Changes within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: IGN Developer Commentary & Cubs/Giants Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
That is because they only guessed pitch type.

Gotcha!

So if they had guessed location too and were wrong, theyd get nothing?
Or if they had guessed location and were right, theyd get both?
But if they only guess one and get it right they get the feedback only for that segment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #26
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Gotcha!

So if they had guessed location too and were wrong, theyd get nothing?
Or if they had guessed location and were right, theyd get both?
But if they only guess one and get it right they get the feedback only for that segment?
Guess pitch type only correctly: Red ball flash
Guess zone location only: That quadrant flashes red.
Guess both correctly: The quadrant and border of the strike one will flash red. No red ball flash.
Guess either one or both incorrectly: No visual feedback.
Guess both pitch type and location and get only one correct: No visual feedback.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #27
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I understand where youre coming from but I think the issue is that it would be almost impossible to get every player to do a mo-cap on their stance and swing. I dont know if they still do, but in the past they used the "Batting Stance Guy" to replicate the stances. Some, they may even had to create themselves. (IDK, Im not a Dev). But the only way to get them 100% perfect is to get all 1200 players in studio to mo-cap and I cant imagine that it would be just that easy, as if it were easy at all.

As for guys like Cano, YES his stance, swing, walk, etc should be 100% but it will never be unless he comes in and does it himself. Otherwise it will always be impersonated by the over-animated BSG! <-- Not his biggest fan!
That's not what I was implying. I'm simply saying that when they get the stances wrong, which is often, it is upsetting no matter how one wants to justify it. Its not like the stances are slightly off, its big things some times. Usually you can see what they were going for, but then its hard to understand why it looks so off. Its something I've come to live with because its just one part of The Show that just seems to be off each year. Which is why I'm always so eager to see the new ones every year. I hope they get them right, but I don't expect them to. Which shouldn't be the case for a game like this, I should expect them to get it spot on each year due. But in the end its still upsetting to see.

Its sometimes baffling why they chose to put work into some player's stances yet don't with others. And yes, the BSG is terrible. Its not the basic stance that confuses me though, its the smaller things about the stance. For instance in Starlin Castro's new stance, why does he constantly wave the bat? He doesn't do that in real life. I can understand getting the openness of his stance, of his front toe, but the bat waving had to be mocapped or animated. Why? Someone thought that was accurate at some point. Maybe they should look at either their system for the stances or maybe the devs working on them and see if something needs to be addressed.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #28
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm a little disappointed in the Cubs stances as well. Soriano's has been wrong for several years now. I know last year I was able to use someone else's for Castro but there was no good fix for Soriano. It's not a big deal for me because in the game I actually rake with Sorianos stance I love it lol! It would have been nice to see, but I think with all the other fixes and additions that stances out of the box would be lower down on the list.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #29
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsHOF
I'm a little disappointed in the Cubs stances as well. Soriano's has been wrong for several years now. I know last year I was able to use someone else's for Castro but there was no good fix for Soriano. It's not a big deal for me because in the game I actually rake with Sorianos stance I love it lol! It would have been nice to see, but I think with all the other fixes and additions that stances out of the box would be lower down on the list.
But they put them at the top of the fact sheet. If they are going to put them up there implying that they want to brag about all the new stances and pitching motions in the game. But they should brag about the quality and accuracy of the stances and not how many.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #30
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
But they put them at the top of the fact sheet. If they are going to put them up there implying that they want to brag about all the new stances and pitching motions in the game. But they should brag about the quality and accuracy of the stances and not how many.
Where is your logic coming from about bragging? It's a fact sheet stating features and changes as a mater of fact.

There are over 750 players in the MLB not everyone's stance is going to be perfect. We also don't have thousands of hours to sit here and make sure so and so's bat wiggle is exactly like it is in real life.

The sooner you and others realize this isn't a perfect science the better. Players change their stances mid season, sometimes they alter things from series to series.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #31
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
That's not what I was implying. I'm simply saying that when they get the stances wrong, which is often, it is upsetting no matter how one wants to justify it. Its not like the stances are slightly off, its big things some times. Usually you can see what they were going for, but then its hard to understand why it looks so off.
OK? But did you get what Im implying?
Im implying that they cant get the stances perfectly right unless the actual players do the mo-cap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #32
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

Quote:
OK? But did you get what Im implying?
Im implying that they cant get the stances perfectly right unless the actual players do the mo-cap.

On what planet do you think this could actually happen? there is an ambundance of stances to choose from and now follow throughs, HR swing etc, relax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePjIIBI-sI

Last edited by Clarke99; 01-25-2013 at 03:10 PM. Reason: fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »