Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #585
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
But what about if you were to add a "static" fielding camera that does not move? For example it could be placed in the upper deck behind Home Plate

This camera view would make a lot of people very happy around here

Like take this video from MLB 10: The Show - Real Time Presentations for example. Could you use a camera like that but only higher up so you can see the entire field?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0seOc6qT_E

I relize not everyone will want to use this type of fielding camera view but trust me a lot also would love it. I just think having the option for it would be wonderful.

Actually how about using the "Home Run Derby" camera view for fielding?

Hitting and pitching camera's are static they don't move, don't need transitions, etc....

Fielding camera's are a completely different ball game they move, they move a lot and there are lots of factors that have to be taken into account.

All fielding camera has to work for every stadium in the game as the lowest common denominator. This alone makes testing a tedious process, as the stadiums have different wall heights, dimensions etc... Then you have transitions speeds, turning angles, camera heights, etc......

So they aren't really related at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #586
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Hitting and pitching camera's are static they don't move, don't need transitions, etc....

Fielding camera's are a completely different ball game they move, they move a lot and there are lots of factors that have to be taken into account.

All fielding camera has to work for every stadium in the game as the lowest common denominator. This alone makes testing a tedious process, as the stadiums have different wall heights, dimensions etc... Then you have transitions speeds, turning angles, camera heights, etc......

So they aren't really related at all.

Ok thanks for the info Russell.

Guess I can take that one off the wish list for ever lol
Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #587
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Lol he posted it again instead of explaining in a different way. That means hes annoyed;p
Old 01-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #588
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Lol he posted it again instead of explaining in a different way. That means hes annoyed;p
Yes it would seem so

But Russell made his point and I for one will not be asking for this feature anytime soon again

Last edited by tnixen; 01-20-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #589
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

Haha. Try to rap your mind around the show on PS4. The graphics.. Just imagine they'll be almost like like perhaps. I can't phantom it.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #590
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Haha. Try to rap your mind around the show on PS4. The graphics.. Just imagine they'll be almost like like perhaps. I can't phantom it.

Yep been doing that a lot lately with all the PS4 rumors that have been leaking the last week or so

Although I would not expect the first version of MLB The Show on PS4 to be nothing more then a Super HD version of the PS3 version. And what I mean by that is basically it will be the same game but the graphics will look way more photo realistic.

Just like when the first version of MLB The Show for PS3 came out. It was basically the PS2 version with a little better graphics.

PS4 "Orbis" Rumored Specs!
- CPU: 8-core Jaguar @ 1.6GHz
- GPU: ~ Radeon 7970M in power, 18 compute units @ 800MHz
- Memory: 4GB GDDR5 @ 192GB/s bandwidth - 512MB reserved for OS -> 3.5GB for games
- Extra: "Compute module"

Last edited by tnixen; 01-20-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #591
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Yep been doing that a lot lately with all the PS4 rumors that have been leaking the last week or so

Although I would not expect the first version of MLB The Show on PS4 to be nothing more then a Super HD version of the PS3 version. And what I mean by that is basically it will be the same game but the graphics will look way more photo realistic.

Just like when the first version of MLB The Show for PS3 came out. It was basically the PS2 version with a little better graphics.

PS4 "Orbis" Rumored Specs!
- CPU: 8-core Jaguar @ 1.6GHz
- GPU: ~ Radeon 7970M in power, 18 compute units @ 800MHz
- Memory: 4GB GDDR5 @ 192GB/s bandwidth - 512MB reserved for OS -> 3.5GB for games
- Extra: "Compute module"
Yes I remember. Same was with 2k6. But it's going to be amazing! Jerseys will move and look Correct texture wise. As will Dirt and grass! Backgrounds and skylines will have depth and not be pictures or cutouts. And lots more stadium atmosphere and sounds!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #592
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I think the issue might be similar... not all ball parks have their "upper deck behind home plate" at the same point in space... In some park it may be right but others, the same "upper deck" view point might be obscured by the real upper deck itself...

But yeah I'd like to see that kinda static camera making it in some time as well... something I can fix at any location within the stadium (or even outside), but pan slightly in case the ball goes outside the edge of the viewable screen... Like many of older baseball games.
If their cameras are anything like how MVP did their cameras, they could make the x, y, z wherever they want for each stadium to avoid it being placed in a bad spot. Maybe they can't set the camera per stadium though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »