Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #521
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
In the bold is where you are being short sighted. OS is not the sole target audience, actually we are more of the minority in the whole picture. While many here may scratch their head as to why something like that was implemented there was a bigger audience outside of OS that strongly felt the need for it. We are fortunate that SCEA comes here and feeds our hunger for the ultimate baseball simulation but there also needs to be a balance that satisfies the larger buying audience as well.
Why I said "on here" (as in OS users) and why I wrote it in quotes. I was never including the group of people who the mode is designed for into the argument. To someone who knows the ins and outs of the game it can seem like a waste. I can see the benefit to the game in the long run even though I might never tough the feature. I hope it does bring some new players to the series as with more customers comes more revenue, more resources and hopefully a better end product as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
Are you serious with your bolded statement here? The Show users have more input and the devs listen and incorporate feedback on this product more than any other game I can think of. They go to great lengths to do this. Just because they can't possibly get to everything everyone wants in a yearly cycle, people hold it against them.

$60 is a steal for the amount of content and play time packed in this product and people act as if they are owed more and more and more.
They do, this is very true, but not everyone feels that way. I think its a bit crazy that Russell in particular asks for as much opinion as he does on here since there is no way every opinion can be taken into account. If you want to go even deeper I feel that this can create the illusion that everyone's opinion is read and counts, which can't be the case because of the sheer amount of posts on OS. This might be another reason why people become so upset when their voice isn't heard. When someone's personal change isn't made each year, they feel they have no input and that resources were spent on something other than their personal wants.

The cost isn't the issue I wanted to bring up its that there is only ONE The Show game each year. Because of this it creates a lot of frustration for those who don't see what they hoped to be in the game. There is no second chance, they get ONE option and honestly they'll probably buy it day one like the rest of us even though they bitch and moan.

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #522
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy

Spoiler
You fooled a lot of people then because the vibe of the post did not come across that way.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #523
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Im having a real hard time understanding why "everyone" thinks the game should be tailor made to suit their desires?
Its a game people. Not real life where decisions made by others may keep you from waking up the next morning. Its not some buffet where you get to pick and choose whats on your plate. Its a video game. A video game that is suited for all ages and all levels of gaming experience. It is not tailor made for any one demographic. Its not created especially for OS followers, TSN followers or PS.com followers. Its made for EVERYONE. So while some people may not like this or that, its just too bad, because there are others who do like it and SCEA cant possibly cater to everyone.

So they create a game to the best of their abilities and to what the code and hardware will allow. I have seen them say "We cant" and then the next year, THEY DO. Why? because they listened and figured out a way. Every year I have seen them push the envelope again and again. They implement something new or different every year. Some I like and some I dont, some I hate. Some work great and some are buggy, but I keep playing the game because I realize MLBTS is not about ME, its about US and "US" is about 840,000 people. How can they possibly cater to every one of those 840k? They cant. So they come here and to TSN and wherever else and ask for our suggestions. They are not obligated to ask and theyre certainly not obligated to comply. They do it because they want to allow us to have some input. And Ive seen that input come to fruition personally.

PLEASE, Im begging you guys PLEASE!
Stop the nonsense of asking for "stuff" and expecting to be heard or expecting for them to comply, especially if you cant ask like a normal polite adult, even if youre not one IRL.
If you dont like something, fine, but dont be a "stick" about it.

When you act like a"stick" you get banned like our friend at the top here.
No need to be a "stick" yet he was and paid the price for it.

Lets get back on track here!

Last edited by Curahee; 01-17-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #524
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
What I would give to get my hands on the game now. Russell, anything I can do to get you in my good graces? Haha
Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #525
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates1fan
What I would give to get my hands on the game now. Russell, anything I can do to get you in my good graces? Haha
I think you mean that the other way around, lol!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #526
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone know how rosters will work for the Show Live? As in they are currently updated weekly so if trade/promotion happens after these they Live game wont match the actual real life lineup?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #527
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTonneBaby
Anyone know how rosters will work for the Show Live? As in they are currently updated weekly so if trade/promotion happens after these they Live game wont match the actual real life lineup?
They would have to be adjusted daily otherwise the mode would not work.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #528
Rookie

pirates1fan's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I think you mean that the other way around, lol!
Lol, how do you edit your posts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »