Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #513
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I hear ya Knight, just think it would be cool to have in the game. Your correct about the instances in which players would get called up, but since some of the service time logic is in the game (pretty sure it is), this would be a nice tie in.

I know it would be difficult to build a solid logic base to make it work correctly, but I would trust this dev team to be able to do it. Your ARod example is valid, but you would have never expected him to be benched in the playoffs either.

Just want to be immersed into the franchise mode, so hopefully the improvements will do that.

You got me thinking though...and the one thing that prevents poor performance from causing a player to be sent down in OOTP is the right of refusal....and perhaps if they added and used that as the mechanism to keep the CPU from shuffling established players who are playing poorly from getting demoted....it could work.
That is my only real concern with performance based roster moves(MLB level...)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #514
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Yeah but when Oct rolls around and such and such teams are in the real post season, Id like to be able to duplicate that and play too.
Yeah same here. I'll most likely hold off on playoff mode until I make the playoffs in franchise then I'll recreate the actual bracket when playoff time rolls around.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #515
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anything on the rangers ballpark? The led ribbon boards to be that green led style like at target field
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #516
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Ignored isn't the proper word to use here. It's priorities we have finite time and finite resources. The plan for franchise mode was to completely scrap the logic and code for team budgets, team evaluations, scouting, drafting, and player progression, player generation logic and start over.

This was a massive undertaking and it's where we knew the time and resources were best spent.

The word oversight means unintentional failure to notice or do something. There is no oversight here having players be called up based on performance was never in the design plans this year so it's not a major oversight, its not an oversight at all.
I'd like to personally thank you for spending a good portion of your resources on franchise mode. I'm very excited about this part of the game, not only this year but future years. When you use the words "start over" that shows me the developmental team has big plans for this mode. Last year we were told franchise mode was improved but it really wasn't, by completely scrapping it and starting over (as you put it) that should have all of us optimistic that this time we will start to see some improvements.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #517
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
I'd like to personally thank you for spending a good portion of your resources on franchise mode. I'm very excited about this part of the game, not only this year but future years. When you use the words "start over" that shows me the developmental team has big plans for this mode. Last year we were told franchise mode was improved but it really wasn't, by completely scrapping it and starting over (as you put it) that should have all of us optimistic that this time we will start to see some improvements.
Can I "LIKE" this more than once?

-GW-
Old 01-17-2013, 02:40 AM   #518
Rookie

Babyface's Arena

OVR: 2

I rarely post but check the form all the time,but I must say I am ready to pre-order this game.I didn't buy last year game since I am just a franchise player(with my son)and didn't see much improvement from 11(We still play that game).It's a must buy for me now.Can't wait!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #519
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Ignored isn't the proper word to use here. It's priorities we have finite time and finite resources. The plan for franchise mode was to completely scrap the logic and code for team budgets, team evaluations, scouting, drafting, and player progression, player generation logic and start over.

This was a massive undertaking and it's where we knew the time and resources were best spent.

The word oversight means unintentional failure to notice or do something. There is no oversight here having players be called up based on performance was never in the design plans this year so it's not a major oversight, its not an oversight at all.
You seem really defensive, no offense. Look, we appreciate you taking the time to communicate with us (wait, that's your job, right?), but I would like to ask that you not talk down to the members here. We're just looking to get our questions (about the game) answered, nothing more, nothing less. I'll bow out.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #520
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
You seem really defensive, no offense. Look, we appreciate you taking the time to communicate with us (wait, that's your job, right?), but I would like to ask that you not talk down to the members here. We're just looking to get our questions (about the game) answered, nothing more, nothing less. I'll bow out.
Normally I try to ignore these sorts of comments, but I can't this time. I am embarrased by this response to Russell and the SCEA dev team. Nothing "makes" them have to come here to answer our questions and provide feedback. It's a privlige, not a right. I would think you'd appreciate a nice detailed response from a developer, and not chastise him. I don't believe he was talking down to you but rather explaining why certain things were focused on in the development cycle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »