Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #481
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Looks like rivalry mode may have been removed?
I don't even remember what rivalry mode was... I never tried it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #482
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't even remember what rivalry mode was... I never tried it

Here is a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWKXCDKz7P8

I going to guess it was removed because of the new postseason mode.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #483
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Russell, is there a reason that this area of franchise continues to be ignored? Is it something that won't happen until the next generations of systems comes out, or is it not a priority?

I know we can control all teams, and do our own moves, which I am thankful for (considering some sports games take that control way). That being said, it does take alot of work to do this, and there is limited time to even play the game.

Like others have said before me, I want to get immersed into my franchise, and this generation of sports games has not done it for me. It's an area that has been ignored, compared to the older generation games. It looks like there have been some nice features added to the franchise mode of the game, but no player movement due to performance is a major over site.

Hopefully this gets addressed next year. Thanks for taking the time to talk to us and answer some questions.

An exclusive franchise'er, I wish SCEA developed 2 baseball games. One game dedicated to Road to the Show, Diamond Dynasty etc... One game dedicated to franchise guys. Yes, a silly sounding solution to spread the game's memory around ;-)

I understand that there's one "Road to the Show" guy for EVERY one "Franchise" guys (and yes, it's OK to be both). AND, there are ALLOT of us to please... But I can't help (and selfishly) think about missing on-field ball boys & girls, fans interacting with foul balls etc...

I am ALWAYS happy with what this game brings annually, I just can't help think about how close this game is (and I'm sure WILL be) to perfection...

-GW-
Old 01-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #484
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

And I'm assuming "mini modes" is basically practice mode?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #485
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukesofHazzard
I REALLY hope they finally put baseball's alltime MLB records in the game. Also i hope they added each teams records. Alltime baseball records for people to try and break is BASEBALL.
They are in...just associated with the team rather than player.
(unless you break it...then the player will replace the ### Oakland Athletics for instance)
You won't see that return unless they make a deal with the H.O.F. and retired players again, something that they were unable to come to a deal with a few years ago.
Team records is something they probably could do...and that's a pretty good idea! I like that a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Russell, is there a reason that this area of franchise continues to be ignored? Is it something that won't happen until the next generations of systems comes out, or is it not a priority?

I know we can control all teams, and do our own moves, which I am thankful for (considering some sports games take that control way). That being said, it does take alot of work to do this, and there is limited time to even play the game.

Like others have said before me, I want to get immersed into my franchise, and this generation of sports games has not done it for me. It's an area that has been ignored, compared to the older generation games. It looks like there have been some nice features added to the franchise mode of the game, but no player movement due to performance is a major over site.

Hopefully this gets addressed next year. Thanks for taking the time to talk to us and answer some questions.
While it would be nice...I'm a little unconvinced that I would call it major.
Why?
Teams IMO mostly make moves on two things. Especially on the call up end.
Options and 40 man status....and that's basically what the game does albeit as stated, they make that move only when there is an injury.
Rarely will you see a team promote a player to the MLB level just because he is tearing up AA and start his clock ticking on options.(unless they just know he's staying there)
OOTP tries this and IMO the shuffling up/down back and forth is ludicrous.
While it's something that I would like to see in some instances, putting the code in place to distinguish when to and when not to might be really tough.(Are the Yankees sending down A-Rod just because he's hitting .200 in July? doubt it...and if it happened in the game we'd go nuts....look at some of the guys that already get stuck in AAA after injury and such)
Doing it on injury and then reforming the rosters in the off season(going by ratings) is the stop gap to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Looks like rivalry mode may have been removed?
Did you think they were kidding when they said they are MAXED OUT?

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #486
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12
Russell, has online co-op expanded to four different systems? Thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #487
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The new Jumbotron's for Seattle and L.A. are in.
LAD OR LAA
Old 01-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #488
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
They are in...just associated with the team rather than player.
(unless you break it...then the player will replace the ### Oakland Athletics for instance)
You won't see that return unless they make a deal with the H.O.F. and retired players again, something that they were unable to come to a deal with a few years ago.
Team records is something they probably could do...and that's a pretty good idea! I like that a lot!

While it would be nice...I'm a little unconvinced that I would call it major.
Why?
Teams IMO mostly make moves on two things. Especially on the call up end.
Options and 40 man status....and that's basically what the game does albeit as stated, they make that move only when there is an injury.
Rarely will you see a team promote a player to the MLB level just because he is tearing up AA and start his clock ticking on options.(unless they just know he's staying there)
OOTP tries this and IMO the shuffling up/down back and forth is ludicrous.
While it's something that I would like to see in some instances, putting the code in place to distinguish when to and when not to might be really tough.(Are the Yankees sending down A-Rod just because he's hitting .200 in July? doubt it...and if it happened in the game we'd go nuts....look at some of the guys that already get stuck in AAA after injury and such)
Doing it on injury and then reforming the rosters in the off season(going by ratings) is the stop gap to this.

Did you think they were kidding when they said they are MAXED OUT?

M.K.
Knight165
I must have missed that Maxed out comment .

But I do relize they are running out of memory with the PS3. PS4 can't come soon enough! But anyway you really don't need rivalry mode anymore thanks to Poastseason mode. But I bet you a few guys around here are not going to be very happy to hear that rivalry mode has been removed

Maybe it will make a return in PS4 version?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »