Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #473
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Thanks, still a great feature regardless

Old 01-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #474
Rookie

OVR: 0

I REALLY hope they finally put baseball's alltime MLB records in the game. Also i hope they added each teams records. Alltime baseball records for people to try and break is BASEBALL.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #475
Rookie

2 quick questions

1 - This is probably something that can get fixed with a Patch if it still existed, but have they fixed the Earned run / Unearned run stats? I use to constantly have my pitcher get charged with earned runs when they should have been unearned runs. To name 1 of many examples. There was 1 out, I was pitching, runner on 1st base for the opposing team. I tried a pick off move but he threw the ball in the stands so the runner goes to 3rd, batter hits a sac fly which made it 2 out, and then the last batter got out. The pitcher was charged with an earned run. That is not an earned run

2nd question - Are there going to be as many ground balls to the pitcher as their previously was? It would also make sense to see at least One pitcher get removed from the game because of an injury. One time I hit a ball that went right into the pitchers head (forgot if it was MLB 12 or 11).. He layed down on the ground covering his face. But he remained in the game and it seemed to have no effect on him at all.

I assume you can get less ground balls to the pitcher from a patch (just like last year hwen so many guys got thrown out at first base from the OF, and catchers took forever to get up pick up a ball that was in the dirt)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #476
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
I have a couple of more questions, as well.

Will prospects be called up or sent down based on their performance or will a prospect only be called up due to injury?
Quote:
Call ups are not based on performance.
Russell, is there a reason that this area of franchise continues to be ignored? Is it something that won't happen until the next generations of systems comes out, or is it not a priority?

I know we can control all teams, and do our own moves, which I am thankful for (considering some sports games take that control way). That being said, it does take alot of work to do this, and there is limited time to even play the game.

Like others have said before me, I want to get immersed into my franchise, and this generation of sports games has not done it for me. It's an area that has been ignored, compared to the older generation games. It looks like there have been some nice features added to the franchise mode of the game, but no player movement due to performance is a major over site.

Hopefully this gets addressed next year. Thanks for taking the time to talk to us and answer some questions.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #477
Banned

If call ups aren't based on performance, what are they based on ? I really don't know because I play season mode.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #478
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
If call ups aren't based on performance, what are they based on ? I really don't know because I play season mode.
Injuries and trades pretty much... But that's why there's 30-team control
Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #479
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Injuries and trades pretty much... But that's why there's 30-team control
That's not so bad.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #480
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Looks like rivalry mode may have been removed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130129.jpg (151.9 KB, 206 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »