Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #449
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The new Jumbotron's for Seattle and L.A. are in.
This makes me giddy with excitement!

PS5/PSN: myghty
Old 01-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #450
Rookie

Kbjunior's Arena

OVR: 2
Not to be off topic but why cant EA Sports and Madden be this detailed in there sports games
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #451
Rookie

Timmer015's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccidentalGenius
# 380 Timmer015 @ 01/16/13 03:44 AM
I think some people get too easily offended by people being critical of the (fine) work put forth by SCEA, but lets face it it is due to the criticism that MLB The Show is the game that it is.

Now I've been very critical of the fact sheet, especially with its RTTS components. I hope that as March approaches we find out that the items they put here end up only being a glimpse into the game. That being said I'm hoping that no trade clauses, as well as mid year contract extensions are at least on a "to-do" list somewhere for The Show, because its been something many people on the O'S forums have been calling for for a while.

Okay man, seriously?!? This is one of the worst comments I have seen on this thread and that is saying something. The Show has added so many new features and has made an entirely new experience out of RTTS and franchise. This is a great list and it is frustrating to see you saying that you hope it is only "being a glimpse of the game." Are you kidding me? You haven't even seen any footage or blogs about it yet. I'm sorry that they couldn't cater to YOUR exact needs. People on Operation Sports have been finding every single thing missing and complain about it. The developers have been meeting a lot of those issues but can't do them all. I find people constantly griping over the little things to be extremely frustrating. For once look at the big picture and really see how much this game has improved.
Always nice to stand out! Haha, In all seriousness I think you misunderstood this post. I'm admitting that I haven't seen any of the videos, and that while I've been very critical of the fact sheet, I'm open to the fact that the mode might still surpass my expectations. I'll have to play the game to really know, which I plan to do as I've owned every version of "The Show."

At the same time though, I'm not here to just heap praise upon the developers (although I do think the deserve a great deal of it for offering the best baseball game I've ever played year in, and year out.) I think it is important to be critical of what is being developed, after all I am the consumer. I also think the developers of the game appreciate (to some degree) the level of criticism that they are given. It offers valuable feedback for them to take to the drawing table when it comes time for the next installment.

Guys like Ramone seem pretty thick-skinned, and honestly they don't have to care about my posts, or any other post being critical of them, but they do, and for that I thank them. The fact that they care about the criticism they receive is why we have a good game.

I'm just offering my honest opinion of the fact sheet. I know being less than impressed with some of the updates is not a popular stance, and comes off as a bit spoiled. But that's how I feel about this situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #452
Pro

OVR: 7

little OT, but I cant wait for the other Dev journals
Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #453
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I would like to know more about this. The way it sounds it seems like that each team value each player differently (similar to Madden's CCM and how players that fit a teams scheme is rated higher than those who do not fit the scheme). I'm wonder how this works for baseball though?
Braves value pitcher and look for good prospects in the draft etc.....

Quote:
I have a couple of more questions, as well.

Will prospects be called up or sent down based on their performance or will a prospect only be called up due to injury?
Call ups are not based on performance.

Quote:
Is rehab assignments or chronic injuries in this year?
Nope

Quote:
Either way I'm really intrigued about everything I've read so far. Is there a date set for a franchise blog?
Feb
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #454
Banned

OVR: 1

Will this mode have an playoff mode be an online feature ?

Will online season still have custom leagues ? # of teams , games, custom divisions, etc
Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #455
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Russell.

Not looking for any guarantees, but are there plans for a pre-release demo this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #456
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11

I just hope the bright green walls and backstop in Marlins Park have been corrected.

I would be content with no other updates this year, honestly.

Go Noles, Go Bucs, Go Pens, YNWA

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »