Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #345
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
It really cracks me up when people say "I'm not buying the game", or "I'm not ready to make a decision" etc. First, NOBODY cares if you're buying the game or not, it doesn't change my decision or anyone else decision either. Second, chances are that even though you're talking all the smack, you'll end up buying the game anyways just because its a million times better then the other baseball choice on the market. Lastly, $60 for a game was a lot 7 years ago when most of us were in high school and worked part time. If you think about it, $60 for a game is not that much, if you consider how much we spend on phones, movie tickets, and beer. What I'm trying to say is this....Stop acting like you're breaking anyone's heart by not dishing out lousy 60 bucks for a video game that you'll probably get a good 4-6 months out of and you'll resell on ebay and get half your money back. This is one of, if not the best game on the market so please spare my eyes the reading of your nonsense comments. thanks.
Seriously... I'm still in school and only have a measly part time job, but $60 is 6 hours of work for me (most, if not all of which is spent surfing the internet lol). Its almost like $60 is the difference between life and death for some people... (Is it? Don't want to make any jokes in bad taste...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #346
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

If anybody wants to complain about TheShow, there is a place you can go where the people there will care about what you have to say and will give you all the respect you deserve.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-2k/
Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #347
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

So all those people that were complaining about the first video claiming that it didn't show them enough can stuff that humble pie right? Seriously, I was expecting a few things we already knew and a couple that were surprises, but damn that's an impressive list. Diamond Dynasty looks like it's going to be up to par (hopefully with duplicate nicknames and perhaps leagues). I've also wanted push/pull tendencies for a while and the Show delivers.

However, franchise excites me the most. It looks like they are aiming to shut us all up over this:
  • Top 50 Prospects Icon - Finally a place to showcase the Profar's of the world.
  • Organizational Depth Charts - Makes it a lot easier to manage the minor leagues.
  • New CBA "Qualifying Offer" - Unreal
Plus Customized motions for CAPs, revamped RttS... it makes me sad for these guy's wives and children. Get some help

Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #348

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
If anybody wants to complain about TheShow, there is a place you can go where the people there will care about what you have to say and will give you all the respect you deserve.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-2k/
No, discussion about MLB the show stays in this forum.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #349
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No, discussion about MLB the show stays in this forum.
Just trying to be funny.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #350
Rookie

mfreder2's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
On an a much more important note...related to generated counts.

Ramone is an advocate ......and I think the rest of the dev team is open to the reasons why a lot of people want it in(to get further into seasons in franchise mode...which would increase the relevance of all the work that the team is putting into franchise mode)....but they want to figure out a way to do it correctly.

They want the reasons for the *-* count to be what it is..not just an arbitrary pick a number and that's going to take some extra programming time.

Patience.

(although I also hope they include the ability to pick a particular count (all the possibilities).....a hitters count....pitchers count and a random count as well.

M.K.
Knight165
I get and understand all of that but, I am disappointed they didn't make it in this year. As someone who manages every game, I just don't have to time to get through an entire season let alone multiple.

That being said, I still think the improvements for this year are impressive. But I would be lying if I said that lack of generated pitch counts(one pitch mode) didn't takes the wind out of my sails a bit.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #351
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB 13 The Show is the most realistic baseball game ever as multiple years’ worth of real-life data was used to determine the team-specific correlation between win-loss record and budget size, while also looking at postseason performance. This new budget system results in a more dynamic league, in which a low-budget team can become a big spender after a period of sustained excellence, mirroring real teams in the big leagues.

Tampa, Baltimore and Oakland , win games but their budget remains the same. The Small market teams in small populated areas with small tv ratings and attendance will never spend with the Titans no matter how many games they win.

Overal looks like the Show 13 will be amazing. Hopefully down the road Realistic player contracts and team budgets will improve and be well more realistic. You know Mirror real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #352
Rookie

El Rustito's Arena

OVR: 0

Why must March be so far off?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »