Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #329
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
No, I'm not "trolling". I'm voicing my concerns, and addressing those, such as yourself, who are accusing me of trolling. Defending yourself isn't trolling, it's human nature. I'm here to discuss the game, voice my concerns, find out more about the features that << I >> am interested in, so I can make a better purchasing decision. If members at OS are not allowed to voice their concerns and state what they would like to see happen in these games, then it's not really a community. We don't all have to like each other, or agree with one another, but there is no place for name calling or accusing others of trolling here just because someone doesn't agree with us.
Let me preface this by saying I haven't read through all your posts so if you were a troll and I didn't see it, then I guess you deserve all the heckling. But if not, you're likely fighting a losing battle. People won't respect your posts if there are negative things to be said about the game, trust me. You're preaching to a crowd of people who love baseball and are so pumped to play the game that they actually come online to chat about it (yes, us included). The last thing they want to hear is you talk down about something that they're incredibly pumped for. It'd be like you talking about some smoking hot girl that you think you have a shot with hooking up and all of your bros reign on your parade by telling you she's been around and is an ugly ho'!

Understand that the OS community only consists of a very small portion of the people who play the game. This is a business, so the goal is to sell as many copies as possible. If it would sell more copies to add a feature where you could hook up a mic and sing "take me out to the ball game" and get bonus star points to buy flashy playing cards, they'd do that over adding a feature like a weekly wrapup baseball tonight video segment, discussing who's hot, who's on the trade block, who is being promoted, draft watch, minor league watch, etc. That's just how it works.

In an ideal word, the developmental guys like Russell would get all of SCEA resources and would have more staff to be able to incorporate all the things that would make this the sweetest baseball game of all time. However, that's just not the case. The sweetest baseball game of all time doesn't sell. Cool commercials, letting fans pick their favorite cover athletes, and adding features and changes that some people like us consider frivolous sells games.

Again, I'd just like to point out, especially to a guy like Russell_SCEA, I appreciate and respect the work you do. I think it's cool that you're on the forums helping to explain certain things to us antsy fans. My complaints are never geared towards you or the quality of work you put fourth as I'm sure you do as much as possible given the resources you're provided with. My gripe for the final time is with how gaming businesses now a days go about their business, spending more on advertising then producing a better product. This transcends beyond the gaming industry, but that is a discussion for another forum....

Last edited by CGHitman14; 01-15-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #330
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Marketing and game development have separate budgets...
Old 01-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #331
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
the H/9 and HR/9 shouldn't be taken literally when playing a game (as opposed to simming)... Think of it more as the pitcher's ability to limit hard contact and flyballs.

Is that Chapman example true? He has a career .148 AVG against and a 0.40 HR/9... Are you playing with SCEA or OSFM stock rosters by chance?
Chapman I think with Knight's opening day rosters. In game is not a big problem, but the sim stats just bug me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #332
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGIY94
Chapman I think with Knight's opening day rosters. In game is not a big problem, but the sim stats just bug me.
OK, that makes sense... There's also a correlation between individual pitch command and high ERA's and HR's/9, I ran a few tests with Felix giving him varying degrees of command and lower command = more dingers.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #333
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3

The only thing that pisses me off about this game is how much more in depth its presentation is than other sports games. If The Show can do these things why can't Madden or NCAA?? NBA 2K is probably the only game that comes close to what The Show can do.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Marketing and game development have separate budgets...
This has been discussed before.

Thanks for the enlightening comment though.

Yes, they have separate budgets. Since you're trying to simplify what I'm saying I'll do the same.

Lets say marketing and R&D were the only two departments. Lets say SCEA has $100 to spend. SCEA has to determine what money to give to what department. As a fan of fundamentals, I'd want most of the money to go to R&D. That's just not how it works.

Oh well.

I will buy the game anyway as it's fun to play

Last edited by CGHitman14; 01-15-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #335
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I would like to see/hear more about this new and improved Franchise mode. It certainly sounds interesting, but I'm going to need to see it in action before making any decisions.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #336
Resident Scout

ksig24's Arena

OVR: 20

Boom baby boom! As a deep franchise only player, I am stoked. Glad that you boys made some of the small changes that really impact the feel of the game for me.

Now here's to hoping lineup logic is implemented!

TOP 50 PROSPECT ICONS!!!!! Sounds like its time for a KSig Top Prospect chat!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »