Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #321
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Spoiler

Here you go rovert:
If you're not gonna start a petition then I will, although angry mob is more my style
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #322
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have to say I'm very happy with the Fact Sheet. I've been pretty hard on Franchise Mode being the worst I've ever played and stuck in 2002 in terms of depth but these problems seem to have been addressed.

For one, progression finally appears to be dynamic. With all due respect to those with the player development threads, progression was simply +5 across the board and was pretty much out of the users hands. Now that we're allowed to train specific attributes of specific players, this is mitigated somewhat. They also hinted with the human element stuff that players with A potential are not predestined to reach an A (at age 32 no less) so hopefully C players can actually be A players as well.

I like what I'm hearing about the draft. Hopefully its not just a few letters and a dearth of talent.

These seem like minor issues, but sustainability of franchise is VERY important to me and has never been done before successfully in a sports game. Will this be the first game to have young players to reach the same caliber as old players? In the past 90% of pitchers were 5'11 soft tossers to the point where the League ERA would be sky high.

Let's hope we get more stat-tracking this year. Also hopefully free agency is more of an auction system then just throwing an offer until you are at the top of the interest bar with the player picking one of the top 3 randomly.

There's only so much you can improve with RTTS. I like the abolishing of the infamous green light system which never allows you to steal a base. If they didn't get rid of advancement goals, let's hope they stop our managers for benching their phenoms for all of September for walking 8 times in two weeks, not 9. I LOVE the emphasis on recognizing milestones and records.

Gameplay wise I hope it's possible to hit a bloop single this year. Hopefully they remade that ugly left-handed swing where the bat just drops vertically. I know, extremely nitpicky.

More stuff to say, but I won't drown you guys. Good work, SCEA.

P.S. fix Josh Johnson in RTTS.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #323
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
Your argument seems plausible, for the most part. The part in question is the assertion that we are asking SCEA to "focus" on something that's actually very easy to implement. (I have a programming background, by the way). The feature in question has been asked about for years.
technically everything we ask for is rather easy to implement into the game (i haven't seen too many crazy ideas), so the question is..."Which stuff do you put in?" I think that common sense would suggest putting in items that are requested the most by the public/buyer. I've been reading wish lists all winter long and to be honest, out of those 50 upgrades, most of the stuff has been highly requested by the fans. Its funny how everyone wants to come out now and cry about "their" stuff not being in the game...well, where were you over the last couple of months when it was time to ask for it? Granted, if youre the only one requesting something, its probably not going to get in anyways.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #324
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
You might not care but I'm sure there are players who do.

If the game is as bad as you make it out to be then simply don't buy it.
I'm not saying people don't care. Obviously there are people that probably do or they wouldn't be adding it. I also didn't say the game sucked or has ever sucked. I'm saying that the progression in the sport gaming industry has taken a major hault over the past 5-10 years as it appears more money is being spent on marketing and flashy features then core fundamentals.

With that said, I'm sure the game will be a fun play. I'm also sure there will be 101 threads about things that are broken and things people will want patched. I'm just expressing my opinion about how I wish things were different with these games.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #325
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

I have a great idea.

If you dont like the game or dont like the direction its heading or think the Devs are asleep at the wheel or are incapable of doing their job properly or are just "mailing it in", then take a stand and dont buy the game.

I didnt buy Madden, MLB2K, Black Ops or GTA, you know why? Because I didnt like the games nor where they were headed.

Plain and simple.

Oh and BTW, I didnt go to their forums with a soap box telling them how to fix what I perceive to be "issues", either!

While we have the "right" (so to speak) to voice our opinions on the game, when we are addressed by a Dev to explain our concerns to us, its usally a good idea to take it at face value and not basically call them liars.

THAT ^ is just MY opinion!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #326
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I have a great idea.

If you dont like the game or dont like the direction its heading or think the Devs are asleep at the wheel or are incapable of doing their job properly or are just "mailing it in", then take a stand and dont buy the game.

I didnt buy Madden, MLB2K, Black Ops or GTA, you know why? Because I didnt like the games nor where they were headed.

Plain and simple.

Oh and BTW, I didnt go to their forums with a soap box telling them how to fix what I perceive to be "issues", either!

While we have the "right" (so to speak) to voice our opinions on the game, when we are addressed by a Dev to explain our concerns to us, its usally a good idea to take it at face value and not basically call them liars.

THAT ^ is just MY opinion!
lol been there done that with EA Sports have not and will not purchase another EA Sports title after the NCAA Basketball debacle
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #327
Rookie

Oh and ONE more thing I have to mention. I can't blame the devs for it because it's very daunting but here goes:

I hope one day they can revamp pitching attributes. It may be my sabermetric background speaking, but the best pitchers are the ones who strikeout the most batters, walk the least batters, and have the highest groundball percentages. I guess my problem's mainly with the H/9 attribute. I just don't like seeing players who garner more walks than strikeouts but manage to lead the league in ERA or players like Aroldis Chapman having an ERA over 6 every year because of a low H/9 attribute. Sure there are some pitchers in the past like Tom Glavine who didn't have the prettiest SO/BB ratios and succeeded but they're the exception, not the rule. Maybe because H/9 and HR/9 are more dependent on luck they should have less weight? Or maybe they should be abolished altogether and instead be replaced by a linedrive, groundball, and flyball percentages?

In it's current state, what makes a good pitcher in MLB The Show is not what makes a good pitcher in real life.

I don't think it's impossible. The devs are doing the same thing with hitters with the extreme pull tendencies and whatnot. I hope the guys like Jeter and Ichiro who attack all fields equally will have have higher batting averages then dead pull hitters (confounding factors nonwithstanding).

Last edited by KGIY94; 01-15-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #328
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGIY94
Oh and ONE more thing I have to mention. I can't blame the devs for it because it's very daunting but here goes:

I hope one day they can revamp pitching attributes. It may be my sabermetric background speaking, but the best pitchers are the ones who strikeout the most batters, walk the least batters, and have the highest groundball percentages. I guess my problem's mainly with the H/9 attribute. I just don't like seeing players who garner more walks than strikeouts but manage to lead the league in ERA or players like Aroldis Chapman having an ERA over 6 every year because of a low H/9 attribute. Sure there are some pitchers in the past like Tom Glavine who didn't have the prettiest SO/BB ratios and succeeded but they're the exception, not the rule. Maybe because H/9 and HR/9 are more dependent on luck they should have less weight? Or maybe they should be abolished altogether and instead be replaced by a linedrive, groundball, and flyball percentages?

In it's current state, what makes a good pitcher in MLB The Show is not what makes a good pitcher in real life.
the H/9 and HR/9 shouldn't be taken literally when playing a game (as opposed to simming)... Think of it more as the pitcher's ability to limit hard contact and flyballs.

Is that Chapman example true? He has a career .148 AVG against and a 0.40 HR/9... Are you playing with SCEA or OSFM stock rosters by chance?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »