Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #305
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
I read your "fact sheet" and, yes, the new "features" are all over the place. SCEA is trying to appeal to as much of the masses, as possible, and the tiny minority, those who are purists and want want as much realism in the game, are being left out in the cold. Every year Th Show has problems with sliders not working as they should, and that's a problem had by all sports game makers. What, exactly, was fixed in the sliders?

The core of the gameplay was not addressed. Correct injuries and types? Not mentioned. The issue of not being able to pick off the AI runner, not talked about. Addressing the issue of statistics generated by the AI (ie, manage-only mode), such as walks per 9IP, not being realistic, not mentioned.

I don't need to "play the game" to see where this is headed when you have the "fact sheet" for me to look over to see if things, that are of concern to ME, are addressed. Did SCEA omit some things from the fact sheet?

While we're on the discussion of generated pitch counts, I HIGHLY doubt that the feature was "cut". It's actually a very simple feature to add, and that is why I made mention of OOTP, a SIMULATION game that has had this feature for YEARS. Your The Show customers have been asking for this feature for YEARS. You're telling me it was more important to add "homerun trot aimations" than it was to add a manage-only mode feature that would allow folks to put games under their belts more quickly? Is the crowd that wants more and more animations "more important" to SCEA than the crowd that wants statistical realism and the ability to get through games quicker with a simple feature? Which is it, Russel? Is The Show designed more for the purist or the arcade type? I would really like to know where SCEA intends to go with this, to help me make my purchasing decision.

Ok I will bite because I can't stand to hear this any more. The part bolded is key. This game is developed for the masses, not just the "purist" The game must hit as wide a target audience as possible to sell units....

The developers are like us and want every feature we do. I can not begin to tell you how many things they have added in the last few months, to give more to the "purists", even though they have had a full plate with all the other new features. They go above and beyond to try to make everyone happy.

Your argument that they should focus on one thing is laughable. It would be like telling Burger King to only make hamburgers. Forget everyone else that wants fish, chicken and salad we want you to focus on burgers...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #306
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

A real-life walking contradiction.

Anyway, back on topic...

There is one thing that is missing that no one has mentioned since the first info started coming out. And you call yourselves eagle eyes!

To the RTTS guys, I would strongly suggest trying it first (or looking at videos once the game drops, if that's preferred). It may not seem like it at face value, but it is truly a new experience. And presentation is a case of less being more, when it comes to drawing you into the experience... and I'm sure it's even better than when I last saw it. It really is a lot deeper than any feature paragraph can relay. Then again, you can also mark my post as fluff if you want, too.

YouTube

Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #307
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
We are here to have a discussion about the game, not just to sit here and go "yaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!". Whether others here agree with us or not we should all respect one anothers opinions and be civil and polite about it.
You first.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #308
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
You're borderline trolling at this point. Just don't buy the game. If you can't tell where the game is heading from the giant list in the first post of this thread, how can anyone help you ?

I don't think it's heading to the "arcade" side at all. That's a ridiculous thing to say about the game at this point. It's obviously a simulation.
No, I'm not "trolling". I'm voicing my concerns, and addressing those, such as yourself, who are accusing me of trolling. Defending yourself isn't trolling, it's human nature. I'm here to discuss the game, voice my concerns, find out more about the features that << I >> am interested in, so I can make a better purchasing decision. If members at OS are not allowed to voice their concerns and state what they would like to see happen in these games, then it's not really a community. We don't all have to like each other, or agree with one another, but there is no place for name calling or accusing others of trolling here just because someone doesn't agree with us.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #309
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
No, I'm not "trolling". I'm voicing my concerns, and addressing those, such as yourself, who are accusing me of trolling. Defending yourself isn't trolling, it's human nature. I'm here to discuss the game, voice my concerns, find out more about the features that << I >> am interested in, so I can make a better purchasing decision. If members at OS are not allowed to voice their concerns and state what they would like to see happen in these games, then it's not really a community. We don't all have to like each other, or agree with one another, but there is no place for name calling or accusing others of trolling here just because someone doesn't agree with us.
That's not why I said what I said. I said it because some of what you post is not true. Arcade ? Really ? I mean when I play The Show, The Bigs never crosses my mind and it never has.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #310
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
Ok I will bite because I can't stand to hear this any more. The part bolded is key. This game is developed for the masses, not just the "purist" The game must hit as wide a target audience as possible to sell units....

The developers are like us and want every feature we do. I can not begin to tell you how many things they have added in the last few months, to give more to the "purists", even though they have had a full plate with all the other new features. They go above and beyond to try to make everyone happy.

Your argument that they should focus on one thing is laughable. It would be like telling Burger King to only make hamburgers. Forget everyone else that wants fish, chicken and salad we want you to focus on burgers...
Your argument seems plausible, for the most part. The part in question is the assertion that we are asking SCEA to "focus" on something that's actually very easy to implement. (I have a programming background, by the way). The feature in question has been asked about for years.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #311
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonadom
That's not why I said what I said. I said it because some of what you post is not true. Arcade ? Really ? I mean when I play The Show, The Bigs never crosses my mind and it never has.
Then, go back and re-read what I wrote (the part you were initially replying to). I simply asked which direction The Show is going on. I know that I'm not the only one wondering about this. Every gamer should be concerned about the direction game publishers are moving in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #312
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Then, go back and re-read what I wrote (the part you were initially replying to). I simply asked which direction The Show is going on. I know that I'm not the only one wondering about this. Every gamer should be concerned about the direction game publishers are moving in.
No. I'm done with this conversation. You're not trying to look at things at any other angle but your own, which is fine. I'm just not interested enough to re read what you wrote.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »