Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #297
Rookie

Timmer015's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentlaw13
You ever thought that you just might like this years reworked RTTS with less commentary better than last year? Sounds like to me it will be more immersing in making you feel like you are actually on the field while hearing new commentary that relates to your player. That definitely sounds more appealing to me than how it has been in the past. You just need to give it a chance, man.
I might, I'm still going to get the game... Just wish other things were focused on prior to taking commentary out of the mode. I don't think commentary is what's holding the mode back.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #298
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I'll only respond to the bold portion because I have a hard time trying to figure out how the features in MLB 13 are "disjointed" when you haven't played one game.

We cut the generated pitch counts design because there were more important features that needed to be added. Also the sooner you stop trying to correlate another game having a feature to why this game doesn't the better off you will be. It has nothing to do with this development team and what we choose to work on every year.
I read your "fact sheet" and, yes, the new "features" are all over the place. SCEA is trying to appeal to as much of the masses, as possible, and the tiny minority, those who are purists and want want as much realism in the game, are being left out in the cold. Every year Th Show has problems with sliders not working as they should, and that's a problem had by all sports game makers. What, exactly, was fixed in the sliders?

The core of the gameplay was not addressed. Correct injuries and types? Not mentioned. The issue of not being able to pick off the AI runner, not talked about. Addressing the issue of statistics generated by the AI (ie, manage-only mode), such as walks per 9IP, not being realistic, not mentioned.

I don't need to "play the game" to see where this is headed when you have the "fact sheet" for me to look over to see if things, that are of concern to ME, are addressed. Did SCEA omit some things from the fact sheet?

While we're on the discussion of generated pitch counts, I HIGHLY doubt that the feature was "cut". It's actually a very simple feature to add, and that is why I made mention of OOTP, a SIMULATION game that has had this feature for YEARS. Your The Show customers have been asking for this feature for YEARS. You're telling me it was more important to add "homerun trot aimations" than it was to add a manage-only mode feature that would allow folks to put games under their belts more quickly? Is the crowd that wants more and more animations "more important" to SCEA than the crowd that wants statistical realism and the ability to get through games quicker with a simple feature? Which is it, Russel? Is The Show designed more for the purist or the arcade type? I would really like to know where SCEA intends to go with this, to help me make my purchasing decision.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #299
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHitman14
Read and re read. I see a lot of fluff in an effort to seem like much has been done. It reminds me of my college essays where there is about 30% content and the rest is BS to hit the word count limit.

Takes a BS'er to know a BS'er.

I don't care that being a catcher is cooler now. I don't care that there is less commentary to give RTTS a different feel.

"One of the most popular aspects of MLB 13 The Show, Road To The Show, has been reworked this year in an effort to provide players with the most immersive and realistic on-field experience ever in a sports video game. More focus has been made to bring simpler control over a users’ player on the field in order to bring an unparalleled experience to the game. Environmental improvements, such as a revamped on-field sound system, enhances hundreds of new sound FX, player yells, and crowd sounds so they are heard prominently and realistically from the player's perspective on the field. Other notable improvements include a new user-controlled catch system, a revamped catcher mode, an improved Performance Evaluator to include baserunning and fielding, new custom batting animation sets, pitch type tip-offs when on defense, position-specific tasks such as calling for a pick-off as a middle infielder, and much more."

You have this entire paragraph of fluff.

Everything that's bolded says this:
- "On field acoustics have been revamped so directional sound is more realistic"

The rest appears to be a few tweaks to catching, baserunning, and fielding.

What about RTTS at it's core, a more realistic process of being promoted and demoted and team rosters being handled more accurately to portray what would happen in real life under similar circumstances? More realistic use as a utility player, less unrealistic flip flopping between being a RP to SP to RP to SP as a progressing between each level, and more.

That's what I want. Not to be able to hear the dude in front of me whistle because the big screen behind me is playing music to a cute girl in the stands....

For me to be a fan, SCEA needs to cut the BS, give the devs more money to spend on R&D, and cut some funds to their silly marketing. Will this happen? Probably not. It's a business. The money goes where it's projected to create the greatest ROI.

Sad, but true.
You might not care but I'm sure there are players who do.

If the game is as bad as you make it out to be then simply don't buy it.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 01-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #300
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

"Is the crowd that wants more and more animations "more important" to SCEA than the crowd that wants statistical realism and the ability to get through games quicker with a simple feature?"

Yes, we are, so go away.

I have never seen somebody act like animations, literally one of the most important things in producing realism in ANY videogame, are some sort of thing that should be put on the backburner, ESPECIALLY when Show has been lacking in this area for many years and is now looking mighty fine with the extra improvements.

But hold on, let's make it easier for you to get through games. **** animated realism we need those ANIMATORS working on something completely oblivious to their field. Nice and you really need to check your priorities. You haven't even touched the game.

Some of the whining in here is now at absurd level. We are comparing text-based games to a PS3 game? Wat.

I think people need to get AHOLD of the fact that this hardware in the PS3 IS ANCIENT FRIGGIN' HISTORY. You can only do so much with hardware going on a decade old.

Last edited by Unit303; 01-15-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #301
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
I read your "fact sheet" and, yes, the new "features" are all over the place. SCEA is trying to appeal to as much of the masses, as possible, and the tiny minority, those who are purists and want want as much realism in the game, are being left out in the cold. Every year Th Show has problems with sliders not working as they should, and that's a problem had by all sports game makers. What, exactly, was fixed in the sliders?

The core of the gameplay was not addressed. Correct injuries and types? Not mentioned. The issue of not being able to pick off the AI runner, not talked about. Addressing the issue of statistics generated by the AI (ie, manage-only mode), such as walks per 9IP, not being realistic, not mentioned.

I don't need to "play the game" to see where this is headed when you have the "fact sheet" for me to look over to see if things, that are of concern to ME, are addressed. Did SCEA omit some things from the fact sheet?

While we're on the discussion of generated pitch counts, I HIGHLY doubt that the feature was "cut". It's actually a very simple feature to add, and that is why I made mention of OOTP, a SIMULATION game that has had this feature for YEARS. Your The Show customers have been asking for this feature for YEARS. You're telling me it was more important to add "homerun trot aimations" than it was to add a manage-only mode feature that would allow folks to put games under their belts more quickly? Is the crowd that wants more and more animations "more important" to SCEA than the crowd that wants statistical realism and the ability to get through games quicker with a simple feature? Which is it, Russel? Is The Show designed more for the purist or the arcade type? I would really like to know where SCEA intends to go with this, to help me make my purchasing decision.
You're borderline trolling at this point. Just don't buy the game. If you can't tell where the game is heading from the giant list in the first post of this thread, how can anyone help you ?

I don't think it's heading to the "arcade" side at all. That's a ridiculous thing to say about the game at this point. It's obviously a simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #302
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
"Is the crowd that wants more and more animations "more important" to SCEA than the crowd that wants statistical realism and the ability to get through games quicker with a simple feature?"

Yes, we are, so go away.

I have never seen somebody act like animations, literally one of the most important things in producing realism in ANY videogame, are some sort of thing that should be put on the backburner, ESPECIALLY when Show has been lacking in this area for many years and is now looking mighty fine with the extra improvements.

But hold on, let's make it easier for you to get through games. **** animated realism we need those ANIMATORS working on something completely oblivious to their field. Nice and you really need to check your priorities. You haven't even touched the game.

Some of the whining in here is now at absurd level. We are comparing text-based games to a PS3 game? Wat.

I think people need to get AHOLD of the fact that this hardware in the PS3 IS ANCIENT FRIGGIN' HISTORY. You can only do so much with hardware going on a decade old.
I don't need to "touch the game". I've played ALL of the previous The Show versions. I've seen how the product has changed over the years. I've seen areas that have not been addressed, and continue to not be addressed. Only a fool would buy a car to see if it's what he really wants to drive. An informed shopper doesn't even need to sit in the car if he knows what he's looking for. The ability to READ and COMPREHEND should suffice, IF the necessary data is presented. There's a reason why car dealers don't say a whole lot in those stickers you see stuck to the windows. That's one of the things I find beautiful about this country we call the United States. We, the citizens, have the right to inform ourselves BEFORE making a purchase. Other countries you are either told to "take it or leave it" or even worse, have your money forcefully taken from you. I will choose to inform myself, thank you very much. For the sake of civil discussion here on OS, I would like to ask you to refrain from asking me to "check my priorities". I'm a 40 year old man who works full-time, supports his household, manages the finances and all business-related decisions AND homeschools his son, so .... I think I have a pretty good handle on my priorities.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #303
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
You might not care but I'm sure there are players who do.

If the game is as bad as you make it out to be then simply don't buy it.
We are here to have a discussion about the game, not just to sit here and go "yaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!". Whether others here agree with us or not we should all respect one anothers opinions and be civil and polite about it.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #304
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
It was not skipped over we added HR trots, HR swings, more variety in player subs scenes, and player of the game osd at the end of game.

The Vita version has the Post Season mode, Cross platform HRD, Beginner mode, the new Push/Pull Hitting engine, Franchise/Season mode Evolution, RTTS Evolution, The Show Live, the new scouting and training system in franchise mode, Online RTTS leader board, Universal profile, button accuracy throwing, and many other features.

The Vita is a wonderful game console however it's memory is finite not infinite we can't add in all the presentation data from the PS3 version. The presentation data alone would completely fill the vita cartridge two times over.
Sounds good.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »