Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #281
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Somebody gets it :-) the whole point is to give the user a different experience than when they are playing a normal game.

Russell if I were to start a RTTS brainstorming type thread, should I do it in the wish list forum or should I just keep adding onto the RTTS thread that one of the employees started. I only ask because I am not sure if that thread is not going to be read by you guys anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #282
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
I don't think we need rain delays as much as we need other aspects to be in the game first. I do understand when people ask for cosmetic additions to the game but they are not nearly as important as the gameplay itself. bat boys, roofs, rain delays, long hair are all great ideas but realistically their importance level is very minimal IMO.
Ya gameplay is more important but do you realize that there are different departments of The Show Development team? The people who work on the gameplay aspects probably don't work on the art or items you are talking about with bat boys, roofs, hair, etc. Now rain delays would be gameplay development. However, to my point. This company is like any other. They have different departments doing different things. They hire artists and what not to do the cosmetic things and code writers and developers for developing the gameplay.

People are always under the impression that all of these guys do every piece of the game development. They hire people who are extremely skilled at the different areas of the game. Asking for cosmetic and non gameplay items is not stupid in any way because it can be done while keeping the gameplay at highest importance. Hell the first page is evidence of this. It has 8 different areas of the game listed. I'd be willing to bet each person in the company doesn't work in all 8 of those areas. The biggest downfall though is the lack of memory space that the discs have. It probably hampers a lot of what the developers wish they could do.

Russell please correct me if I'm wrong though.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 01-15-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #283
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Russell if I were to start a RTTS brainstorming type thread, should I do it in the wish list forum or should I just keep adding onto the RTTS thread that one of the employees started. I only ask because I am not sure if that thread is not going to be read by you guys anymore.

I wouldn't start a new one. It's also way to early for us to begin taking feedback.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #284
Rookie

Timmer015's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Somebody gets it :-) the whole point is to give the user a different experience than when they are playing a normal game.
Forgive me for my ignorance, but is there any hard data to suggest that people are playing every aspect of your game? I for one never play any mode other than RTTS. It appears that one of the "problems" the show runs into is that it is essentially 2-3 games in one.

The problem here is that when you only play one mode,you are now getting less than someone who plays another.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #285
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Colby Rasmus needs long hair (Just for Russell to see, i assume he's reading this). . .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #286
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I would suggest reading the fact sheet again
Read and re read. I see a lot of fluff in an effort to seem like much has been done. It reminds me of my college essays where there is about 30% content and the rest is BS to hit the word count limit.

Takes a BS'er to know a BS'er.

I don't care that being a catcher is cooler now. I don't care that there is less commentary to give RTTS a different feel.

"One of the most popular aspects of MLB 13 The Show, Road To The Show, has been reworked this year in an effort to provide players with the most immersive and realistic on-field experience ever in a sports video game. More focus has been made to bring simpler control over a users’ player on the field in order to bring an unparalleled experience to the game. Environmental improvements, such as a revamped on-field sound system, enhances hundreds of new sound FX, player yells, and crowd sounds so they are heard prominently and realistically from the player's perspective on the field. Other notable improvements include a new user-controlled catch system, a revamped catcher mode, an improved Performance Evaluator to include baserunning and fielding, new custom batting animation sets, pitch type tip-offs when on defense, position-specific tasks such as calling for a pick-off as a middle infielder, and much more."

You have this entire paragraph of fluff.

Everything that's bolded says this:
- "On field acoustics have been revamped so directional sound is more realistic"

The rest appears to be a few tweaks to catching, baserunning, and fielding.

What about RTTS at it's core, a more realistic process of being promoted and demoted and team rosters being handled more accurately to portray what would happen in real life under similar circumstances? More realistic use as a utility player, less unrealistic flip flopping between being a RP to SP to RP to SP as a progressing between each level, and more.

That's what I want. Not to be able to hear the dude in front of me whistle because the big screen behind me is playing music to a cute girl in the stands....

For me to be a fan, SCEA needs to cut the BS, give the devs more money to spend on R&D, and cut some funds to their silly marketing. Will this happen? Probably not. It's a business. The money goes where it's projected to create the greatest ROI.

Sad, but true.

Last edited by CGHitman14; 01-15-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #287
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer015
Forgive me for my ignorance, but is there any hard data to suggest that people are playing every aspect of your game? I for one never play any mode other than RTTS. It appears that one of the "problems" the show runs into is that it is essentially 2-3 games in one.

The problem here is that when you only play one mode,you are now getting less than someone who plays another.
LOL, do you really need hard data to know that other people play other modes of the game ?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #288
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
Baby steps my friend. Baby steps.
LOL. That's like trying to convince yourself that your poor ol' college basketball team, who is struggling to a .500 record in January, "is still early yet". Too little too late. There were features added to MLB: The Show '13, but they are disjointed features. They're aiming for as large a crowd as possible, and not really addressing issues with the core gameplay.

I would like to hear from Russel_SCEA as to why a generated pitch count feature wasn't added, when OOTP (Out Of The Park) has had this in their game for years and years, a TEXT-based game I might add.

And, to the person who questioned whether a generated pitch count really saves time. Yes, it does, significantly. Rather than question it, try it out by playing a demo of OOTP and you will see. Also, it is TIRING to sit there and watch every pitch, it's not necessary for realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »