Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #273
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer015
More sound does not equal commentary. The fact sheet says there is LESS commentary in RTTS. I personally think I is a step in the wrong direction and will make the RTTS somewhat stale. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
Here is the thing, do you think the players on the field EVER here the announcers in the booth??? People complained that RTTS isn't "real", so they go ahead and make this mode even more "real" and people think it's a step back??

The only thing that is going to limit this is the amount for fans cheers, player conversations, etc that they can add to their already full game disk.

I personally like this change as there is nothing better than hearing the player chatter and fan chatter when playing baseball!!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #274
Rookie

OVR: 4
I don't think we need rain delays as much as we need other aspects to be in the game first. I do understand when people ask for cosmetic additions to the game but they are not nearly as important as the gameplay itself. bat boys, roofs, rain delays, long hair are all great ideas but realistically their importance level is very minimal IMO.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #275
Rookie

JLL84's Arena

OVR: 1

I have a few questions on the Show Live mode.

I’m not familiar with the 2K series (thankfully), so I know very little of how MLB Today works. I think I understand how the mode will work. If I play a game between The Reds and Cards my roster and stats will be the same as the actual teams, right?

My main question is will we be able to edit the rosters in Show Live, I.E. batting stances, pitching motions, accessories, primary/ secondary positions? Or are we stuck using the roster as is, like during online play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #276
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
I usually take a year off in between MLB the Show games because I can never play the one I have enough to finish a season but it's going to be too hard with the amount of improvements they've made to this years game. Its hard not to buy this game. (in Bart Scott voice) CAN'T WAIT!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #277
MVP

OVR: 15

Im just, i uhh, its it March yet?

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #278
Rookie

Timmer015's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Here is the thing, do you think the players on the field EVER here the announcers in the booth??? People complained that RTTS isn't "real", so they go ahead and make this mode even more "real" and people think it's a step back??

The only thing that is going to limit this is the amount for fans cheers, player conversations, etc that they can add to their already full game disk.

I personally like this change as there is nothing better than hearing the player chatter and fan chatter when playing baseball!!
There are more important aspects to RTTS to focus on. Making contracts mean more, no trade clauses, a more immersive off season, agents, press conferences, actual meetings with the manager/gm, meeting with teams interested in signing you. Less commentary seems like a pointless update, and one I wish was an option and not forced upon those of us that primarily play RTTS.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #279
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by addybojangles
I originally bought a Vita for the chance to play The Show on a handheld. And I'm disappointed for the second year in a row.

A common theme in these forums was the lack of presentation mode for the Vita, and it appears it was skipped over again. This may sound like a trivial omission, but I guarantee you, I'm not the only person upset that it didn't make it into the Vita version.

And no Diamond Dynasty.

Would love to see what specific things they're adding to the Vita version the 2nd time around. Because if it's anything like previous 2nd year releases on Vita, it will largely be the same game.

Dammit, SCEA. Throw Vita owners a bone, please.

It was not skipped over we added HR trots, HR swings, more variety in player subs scenes, and player of the game osd at the end of game.

The Vita version has the Post Season mode, Cross platform HRD, Beginner mode, the new Push/Pull Hitting engine, Franchise/Season mode Evolution, RTTS Evolution, The Show Live, the new scouting and training system in franchise mode, Online RTTS leader board, Universal profile, button accuracy throwing, and many other features.

The Vita is a wonderful game console however it's memory is finite not infinite we can't add in all the presentation data from the PS3 version. The presentation data alone would completely fill the vita cartridge two times over.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #280
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberaluser
Less is more when the commentary you do get is in reference to your player and his accomplishments.

Hopefully this is the start of a split in terms of unique commentary between Franchise and RTTS
Somebody gets it :-) the whole point is to give the user a different experience than when they are playing a normal game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »