Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 AM   #169
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
14. Franchise Mode: Top 50 Prospect icon, used to indicate the best up-and-coming minor leaguers

YES!!!!!!!!!

And twitter is in The Show.
but does this mean the real prospects are in the game?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:53 AM   #170
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
but does this mean the real prospects are in the game?
No it doesnt mean theyre in
Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 AM   #171
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I cant see how real prospects would be in the game. It would be awesome if they did what MVP did, and 2K did later, basically creating the top 100 prospects or so and giving them fake names with similar initials.

I've always thought the shows fake minor leaguers were pretty aweful. Often the ratings of the AAA guys are better than some of the MLB starters. Makes no sense. Hopefully, with the progression system change, this will to. Otherwise, not a huge deal, I'll just wait for OSFM probably anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 03:01 AM   #172
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I bet the top 50 is based on the overall rating bar. Not sure there would be any other way to do it.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 AM   #173
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I bet the top 50 is based on the overall rating bar. Not sure there would be any other way to do it.
hopefully the bar is gone and numbers are used
Old 01-15-2013, 03:05 AM   #174
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

words aren't enough to describe how I feel right now. I just want to thank everyone at sony for providing us with what looks to be a fantastic game.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:07 AM   #175
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

btw, glad I have a ps3 #justsaying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 AM   #176
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

I find quite amusing the difference of fan reactions this year compared to the last year. I think so many people care about the franchise mode that the overall tone was a tiny bit toward the disappointment side last year (e.g., Vita took away time that would've been dedicated to improving the franchise mode...). Of course each one of us is expecting the Show to be the ultimate baseball gaming experience, so there's always things people are looking forward to...

I haven't been a fan of this game for not so long, certainly not as much as many of the veterans here in the forum, but I'm quite impressed by the amount of features and little things that appeared to made into the new game because of the user feedback seen in this forum and elsewhere.

Last year people complained about how the game screen was cluttered with new info (energy/confidence bar...), the big MLB 12 logo, etc. It is now less prominent or can be turned off.... PCI looked funky... now we have a choice... Bunting is too hard, obtrusive... now seems fixed.. The lack of swing follow throughs... new stuff has been added... the MLB player photos look funky when they get traded to new teams... now an approach is devised to fix the issue... etc., etc.

I don't really know the main driver of this feedback loop (perhaps the CD guys and/or Ramone & other devs who frequent the forum?)... but the dev team is definitely listening and/or their goal is aligned with what we gamers want out of this series.

I truly feel lucky this is happening with the sport I enjoy the most. If this were happening with Madden I wouldn't be able to appreciate all this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »