Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #65
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

I'm so happy i could cry (not really crying)

Being able to edit batting stances, follow throughs and step ins, is crazy, i can't believe this, as well as all the news on RTTS, as well as over 200 new batting stances. This game is legendary.

All it needs is a couple more accessories and brand names, and i'd drop out of school and play MLB the Show all day.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #66
Rookie

Timmer015's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
changes to franchise also affect rtts.
That's all well and good, but still not enough emphasis on what is going on with the player in the off season, no addition of a no-trade clause, no emphasis on contracts... just a little annoyed is all.

Still a great game (have owned every version of the show, and still play it regularly.) It just seemed from the RTTS improvement thread that they were going to do a lot more to it this year.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 24

So will The Show Live be an online mode, that allows us to play against other humans? Or is it exactly like the NBA Today feature in NBA 2k'?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #68
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
So will The Show Live be an online mode, that allows us to play against other humans? Or is it exactly like the NBA Today feature in NBA 2k'?
show live and playoffs dont appear to be playable online
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #70
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

That is one incredible fact sheet for MLB The Show!!

Things that got me excited were

The Show Live (PS3 & PS Vita) - The Show Live provides an exhibition-based mode using data from MLB.com to populate daily match-ups, line-ups and starting pitchers, giving users the opportunity to play in an environment that matches the “real-world.” The Show Live presents games in the same way as season-based modes, with up-to-date player and team statistics. Hear commentators reference the previous or next day’s events, based on real-world situations and information. Users have the choice to play a game from today, or turn the calendar back and play any game from earlier in the season. The Show Live brings users closer to Major League Baseball action than ever before!

TruBroadcast Presentations 2.0 (PS3) – True Broadcast Presentations 2.0 continues to blur the line between reality and The Show. This year focuses on further refinement of game continuity through the restructuring of thousands of presentations but also a heavy emphasis on taking stadium ambiance and big game atmosphere to a new level. The addition of new scenes, new cameras, new OSDs, new music and new audio allows MLB 13 The Show to take a huge step forward in the twofold approach of truly immersing the user in the moment during the pre-game while satisfyingly rewarding the user once the final pitch is thrown. Now more than ever the user will feel the difference between Opening Day, the Regular Season, the All-Star Game and the Postseason, and increasingly strive for a taste of the new Postseason celebrations.

The “Post Season” Mode (PS3 & PS Vita) – MLB 13 The Show will introduce users to Post Season Mode this year as it offers quick entrance directly into the Post Season, fast-tracking your run to the World Series. The mode offers you the choice of selecting to play with one team, or all 10. The format utilizes the newly changed playoff structure, with a single-game Wild Card round leading into the standard Division, Championship, and World Series rounds. The Division Series, Championship Series, and World Series can all be set to varying lengths (Single game, best of 3, best of 5, or best of 7 are all available). Only the Wild Card round is hardwired to a single-game, winner advancing format. Additional options for the mode include selecting the venue for each game. Lastly, all of the game control options you've come to know are available in this mode, including: single player, head-to-head play, co-op play, and PlayStationŽMove support.

Button Accuracy Meter (PS3 & PS Vita) – Users will now have more control over the fielding aspects of the game than ever before. For users who choose the new button accuracy meter they will now have complete control over the fielders arm accuracy and arm strength. No longer will an errant throw be the result of a random dice roll.

Player photos updating with Roster updates

New player card

New online ticker design, more stats and information

New base running animations "around the bases". Allows for more control of your base runner

Just to name a few

Last edited by tnixen; 01-14-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 27

I'm hoping The Show Live doesn't do the same wins and losses as in real life for all the teams I'm not playing as. Hopefully it will be random. This mode makes it sound like I will no longer have to play one year of franchise mode and make every transaction and injury for every team myself. I just really hope all the transactions update every day and not end up getting backlogged. If so, I'll go the old fashioned route I have been the past few years.

Either way, amazing fact sheet!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #72
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer015
That's all well and good, but still not enough emphasis on what is going on with the player in the off season, no addition of a no-trade clause, no emphasis on contracts... just a little annoyed is all.

Still a great game (have owned every version of the show, and still play it regularly.) It just seemed from the RTTS improvement thread that they were going to do a lot more to it this year.

Rtts received a lot of love. The devs working on this mode are really pushing for some awesome things.
This is only a fact sheet much more info will be released over the next few weeks. Trust me Rtts was not short changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »