Home

MLB 13 The Show Cover Athlete is Andrew McCutchen

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Cover Athlete is Andrew McCutchen within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #73
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 13 The Show Cover Athlete is Andrew McCutchen

They should have put all of them on the cover lol. Congrats to Cutch though well deserved.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
The Tigers pay their OWN developed players with contract extensions?? How can you say that like it's a bad thing? The Marlins are the only team who doesn't do that and they are the laughing stock of baseball.

Trading is "purchasing players?? Trading 6 players, including their two top prospects (two of the top prospects in the game) for TWO PLAYERS (Cabrera and Willis) is purchasing players???

How can you even speak on the Tigers getting swept. You're a Pirates fan. When was the last time your team made the playoffs better yet played .500?? I can't be reading this stuff

You can sit here and say how the Pirates are doing it the 'pure way' and talk about how a team with 4 free agents on the 25 man roster is purchased, but the last time your team was .500 Jim Leyland was the manager. And since then, he's retired 3 times, died 4 different times, came back for 7 underwhelming seasons in Detroit, and you are saying what you are saying

A Pirates fan talking about the "right way" of building a team. What has strictly home grown mindset got your team?

trading 6 players for 1 is purchasing And did the Pirates not just try to offer a 15 million dollar deal to one of the worst pitchers in the American League? Man. lol.

He had a .950 OPS vs team of .500 or better.

I came to this thread to hear people's reactions on the cover, I did not expect to see such lame arguments dissing the Tigers for no apparent reason. This and the last post are just so weak. If you're trying to diss a team you gotta find something that actually makes sense. This is just sad

And then people say McCuthen is not good enough to be on the cover? He had a .953 OPS for the CF position. That's as elite as you can get. The comment about him being one of the best defensively isn't true, there's nothing to support that. But still, McCutchen is one of the best players in the league
I agree on your stance that the arguments about building a team are weak. There are multiple ways of building a team, and signing free agents if you have the money is a perfectly fine way; people need to get off that.

I just think Cutch is a perfectly fine cover man. I was responding to the playoff argument that Tigers fans used in this thread and against Trout. Detroit plays in the weakest division in baseball with three cannon fodder teams. The Tigers themselves are under .500 against the rest of the AL and were the only playoff team with a losing road record. They were 13-20 against the West and 43-29 against Central. 5-5 against LAA with 7 of those being in Detroit.
Just saying.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #75
Banned

SportsGamingBlake's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus
Are you kidding me? This comment is extremely laughable. The entire team collapsed at the end of the season. McCutchen was ranked at-worst 7th in the NL in every significant offensive category. He hit 31 HR, 96 RBI and batted over .325 for the year. Not only that, but he won a golden glove AND he was the SILVER SLUGGER for the National League. Oh, I forgot, anyone can win a Silver Slugger, right? The man had 30+ HR, nearly 100 RBI, 20 SB and hit over .325; how is that anything but superb? How is he supposed to carry a team with those kinds of numbers; but as a team, they were bottom 10 in every significant offensive category? McCutchen literally carried the Pirates; how can you possibly blame him for missing the playoffs? Your comment may be the most mis-guided sports post I've seen in quite some time.
I somewhat agree with you... But just in Cabrera's defense, he did all of those things too (except gold glove) and then some. He won the MVP, triple crown, and he helped his team win the AL pennant. Now I know that he has a lot more protection in his lineup, and a better pitching staff than the Pirates, but still, that's got to mean something. I honestly think all 7 of the candidates were "worthy" of winning, and I would have been fine with any of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I agree on your stance that the arguments about building a team are weak. There are multiple ways of building a team, and signing free agents if you have the money is a perfectly fine way; people need to get off that.

I just think Cutch is a perfectly fine cover man. I was responding to the playoff argument that Tigers fans used in this thread and against Trout. Detroit plays in the weakest division in baseball with three cannon fodder teams. The Tigers themselves are under .500 against the rest of the AL and were the only playoff team with a losing road record. They were 13-20 against the West and 43-29 against Central. 5-5 against LAA with 7 of those being in Detroit.
Just saying.
Believe me I hear you. The Tigers were awful this year. It was the most frustrating team I've ever seen. Throughout the whole postseason I wasn't as excited as a typical fan, It was suicide to watch this team play all year. Delmon Young, Valverde, Boesch, Raburn, etc. The Tigers sucked this year and I'll be the first to tell you.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:01 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 2
I hope this is the pic of mccutchen they use on No the cover. The Show's covers are usually not very pretty looking. No need to add anymore to the cover than mccutchen in his stance.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke_21
I hope this is the pic of mccutchen they use on No the cover. The Show's covers are usually not very pretty looking. No need to add anymore to the cover than mccutchen in his stance.
Disregard the NO..inadvertant
Old 01-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
How about a .990 FLD% in 570 games with only 15 Errors in 4 years?
Still using fielding percentage as a tool to evaluate defense? It's 2012

Last night on MLB Network they evaluated him defensively, he's average using the defensive statistics that people use today. Bill James said he might be a little better than average.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #80
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
Good for cutch, personally I won't care until Anthony Rizzo is in the vote.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »