Home

MLB 13 The Show Cover Athlete is Andrew McCutchen

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Cover Athlete is Andrew McCutchen within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #57
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: MLB 13 The Show Cover Athlete is Andrew McCutchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis40
Or people just don't like Miguel Cabrera as much as they like Andrew McCutchen...

Yeah, it wasnt SONY that chose Cutch so ........
Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #58
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

OVR: 0

Cuth is good choice n is good hitter im sure Sony Excs are invinsioning a Trailer already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #59
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Andrew McCutchen is the cover for MLB 13 The Show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yougo1000
I'm against mcCutchen because he didn't lead his team to the playoffs. Didn't have superb numbers like Cabrera (although still solid). Sure he played well but it wasn't enough to bring his team to .500.
Since when is any of that the criteria to be on the cover? This wasn't a vote for MVP.

Oh, and it's a videogame cover. Is it THAT big of a deal??

Good for him, and good for the Pirates.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 14

Good for him and the Pirates.

Can we stop with the whole playoff arguments? Congrats on Cabrera for teeing off on the Royals, Twins, and Indians with those amazing pitching staffs 20 games each. Congrats on the Tigers for making the playoffs with the 7th best record in the AL. Congrats on the random and arbitrary triple crown by getting one extra single and because Jose Bautista was injured.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
In essence, all teams do PURCHASE a team. However, in 2012 the Detroit Tigers payroll was $132,000,000 compared to the Pirates payroll of $63,431,999. Both figures are quite outrageous as that money is used to pay players to PLAY the game of baseball. In my opinion as well, trading is also "purchasing" because you're giving away less expense to get something more desired, more expensive in MOST cases. As far as ignorance goes, that $132 mil payroll was used for a 4-0 shutout in the World Series
The Tigers pay their OWN developed players with contract extensions?? How can you say that like it's a bad thing? The Marlins are the only team who doesn't do that and they are the laughing stock of baseball.

Trading is "purchasing players?? Trading 6 players, including their two top prospects (two of the top prospects in the game) for TWO PLAYERS (Cabrera and Willis) is purchasing players???

How can you even speak on the Tigers getting swept. You're a Pirates fan. When was the last time your team made the playoffs better yet played .500?? I can't be reading this stuff

You can sit here and say how the Pirates are doing it the 'pure way' and talk about how a team with 4 free agents on the 25 man roster is purchased, but the last time your team was .500 Jim Leyland was the manager. And since then, he's retired 3 times, died 4 different times, came back for 7 underwhelming seasons in Detroit, and you are saying what you are saying

A Pirates fan talking about the "right way" of building a team. What has strictly home grown mindset got your team?

trading 6 players for 1 is purchasing And did the Pirates not just try to offer a 15 million dollar deal to one of the worst pitchers in the American League? Man. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Congrats on Cabrera for teeing off on the Royals, Twins, and Indians with those amazing pitching staffs 20 games each.
He had a .950 OPS vs team of .500 or better.

I came to this thread to hear people's reactions on the cover, I did not expect to see such lame arguments dissing the Tigers for no apparent reason. This and the last post are just so weak. If you're trying to diss a team you gotta find something that actually makes sense. This is just sad

And then people say McCuthen is not good enough to be on the cover? He had a .953 OPS for the CF position. That's as elite as you can get. The comment about him being one of the best defensively isn't true, there's nothing to support that. But still, McCutchen is one of the best players in the league

Last edited by CabreraMVP; 01-12-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #62
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
I don't have a problem with Cutch being on the cover. It's cool for baseball. I just wish a Braves player had been up for the vote. I thought maybe with the 2 straight years Craig Kimbrel has had (including arguably the greatest season a closer has ever had) he would start to get some publicity like Mariano Rivera got for the Yankees all those years.

Oh and before someone says it wasn't the greatest season a closer has ever had just look at the numbers. He did so many things that had never been done before by any pitcher. The fact that he didn't get more Cy Young votes was just ridiculously awful.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 27

Definitely love that Cutch made the cover! He had my vote the whole time. Great news!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3
Congrats to all you Pirate fans! This is nice to see! I like it when the lower budget teams succeed!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »