Home

Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

This is a discussion on Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #265
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

I would like the commentary team from the other game. Since I play with a lot of historical rosters it would be nice if the play by play guy went back into the studio and recorded the names of a few hundred top legends so they would be announced at bat and in the field.

A more robust face and body editor would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #266
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

1) Custom Seasons, where I have the ability to run a 26 team dynasty,
or 16 team if I want to use a classic roster & don't want the Rays
playing in 1927 or 1981.

2) Expanded minor league rosters, from the current 60 players in a teams farm system, to maybe 75 or 85.

3) The ability to edit managers.

4) More batting stances!!

5) More classic stadiums, even if they are DLC & I have to pay $5 a stadium,
I'd buy 25 stadiums if they were available.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #267
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

1. More A.I. Realism when it comes to free agency.
2. The ability to have more than one option year. For example, I could offer Kyle Drabek a two year contract with two option years so that it could possible be a 4 year contract.
3. The ability to choose the type of contract. It would be more realistic and cool if we could choose if a contract was front end loaded or if it's worth more in the later years. Also, it would be nice to be able to choose between offering a player a minor league contract and a major league contract.
4. More Uniforms to choose from. I think that explains its self very clearly.
5. Something like what NBA 2K13 has done with their Mycareer mode where you can earn money and use your money to buy equipment or boost your ratings. It would also be nice to see endorsement offers since it seems like Nike is in the game this year. Seeingthe postgame press conference in RTTS would make that mode much more enjoyable and interesting.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #268
Rookie

daenius's Arena

OVR: 3

1.) Improved RTTS - not interesting anymore.

2.) Improved ball physics and animations.

Here are some situations that I have experienced numerous times:

For ball physics the main problem that I have are realistic bounces in the outfield (too many ground rule doubles).

In terms of animations:
better and faster animations when fast-paced plays have to be made. I don't mind if mistakes happen (as they do in real life because of the stress and pressure when a play has to be made quickly) as long as I feel that my players seem to make an effort.
One instance where this could and should be implemented:
A tied game in the late innings with runners in scoring position and a playable drive to right field is picked up with that super-slow animation although at least one runner could be thrown out at home plate or even stopped at 3rd base. Due to that animation both runners (or the runner from 2nd base) score.

Another situation:

Pitchers or 3rd basemen picking up bunts, stopping for 1-2 seconds looking in the other direction, then turning around and throwing to 1st base when the runner has already reached 1st base; instead of one fluid animation the player has to stop and then shift into the "turn and throw" animation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »