Home

MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #305
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
I hope Turner Field got fixed. Last year the outfield wall had dark spots for some odd reason and once it got dark some of the letters went missing from "Welcome To Turner Field, Home Of The Atlanta Braves" that's behind home plate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #306
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
Yes. In real life players do take really quick steps in order to hit the base sometimes, but they look very funny doing it in the show and they do it at every base.

I think in general, the homer run trots in the game look bad. The players jog extremely funny to me in this game. Like balerinas. They just frolic around the bases, it does not look natural at all. Maybe it's just me.

In real life, a homerun trot is the most stylish part of a players game. You'll see the guys who strut around the bases, and job around with a little lean like Dimitri Young. Miguel Cabrera does the strange jab step as he approaches third base, where he'll take a quick step to his right like a running back then hit the base. In Florida Ozzie Guillen as the 3rd base coach would pretend to hand off a ball to him. Just a typical home run trut has some style to it. Players jog around feeling like they are the coolest thing alive, and rightfully so.

But in the game they frolic around like dancers. They tip toe 360 feet around the basepaths and throw their arms around like little kids.

But then again, maybe that's just me. The game is great but I always disliked the whole post homerun antics. It doesn't look right.

quote=agentlaw13;2044582378]Lol...when I read the first part about Miggy's pants being down, I was like "whuuuuuuuuuuuutttttt?" haha

You do realize you can edit it within the game to whether he has high socks or whatever, right? I would definitely make his pants "baggy". But I dont care what kinda pants/socks, etc you put that man in...he can rake in real life and on the game for sure. I know all too well...I'm an Indians fan. They always seem to give him the most outrageous and random accesory combinations. Random arm bands, sunglasses, high socks, shiny shoes, just a whole bunch of random stuff that makes him look like a superhero rather than a ballplayer. He does wear a lot of 'flasy' shoes, and wears arm bands, but the high socks are rare. He always just has the weirdest accesories in the game. The edit feature is very helpful

Hopfully in the near future Sony can make all the Home Run Trots a lot more stylish

Hey at least we have Home Run Trots around the bases. If you goback a few years ago we did not even get to see batters do the Home Run Trot around all the bases. Remember they went from first to home in like a split second and it sucked!

Last edited by tnixen; 01-05-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #307
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
I hope Turner Field got fixed. Last year the outfield wall had dark spots for some odd reason and once it got dark some of the letters went missing from "Welcome To Turner Field, Home Of The Atlanta Braves" that's behind home plate.
Maybe you should post this info with pictures in the Stadium feedback thread for the CD guys?

Last edited by tnixen; 01-05-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #308
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
What kind of gameplay changes are you expecting? You know the actual sport of baseball hasn't changed right? It's the same this year as it was last year.
And the year before.
And the year before that.
Spoiler
You should try reading the post that is referenced in the post that you replied to. Just because the information you want to pretend doesn't exist isn't at your fingertips doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #309
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Worst part is....he is deriving his comments from a trailer...the FIRST trailer for '13 and actually has no idea if any changes were made to Manage only Mode(unlikely for any "big" changes....but I'm sure there are changes and fixes) AND...it's been stated many times before that franchise mode has gotten a ton of new changes for '13.
I don't know how he does it...but I'm forced to play my franchise mode OFFLINE.

M.K.
Knight165
You don't know how WHO does it? Franchise mode IS played offline, no? Then, there is no point in your implying you made a choice to play the mode offline. My post was a response to what I saw in the video AND the history that I, as a customer of SCEA, have with this baseball series. I am capable of reading between the lines, and logic tells me that if franchise mode really had anything added /changed worth mentioning it would have been hinted at in the video. It wasn't. Logic isn't something you can see, my friend.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #310
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
You don't know how WHO does it? Franchise mode IS played offline, no? Then, there is no point in your implying you made a choice to play the mode offline. My post was a response to what I saw in the video AND the history that I, as a customer of SCEA, have with this baseball series. I am capable of reading between the lines, and logic tells me that if franchise mode really had anything added /changed worth mentioning it would have been hinted at in the video. It wasn't. Logic isn't something you can see, my friend.

Unlike Bobhead.....it went right over your head.
Franchise mode has been changed...a lot in certain areas. RTTS as well.
You alluded that only online modes are being worked on...hence ....my "joke" that you figured out a way to play your franchise mode online....
No matter though...

Yeah, the game is exactly the same.
You know more than anyone.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #311
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
So let me get this straight. You are punishing a title for not spilling all the beans on its reveal trailer? Don't you think you are just going at this a little too fast? Perhaps you should wait at least until February when we know more about the core parts of the game.

It's like complaining that the appetizer of onion rings is bad because it's not the steak that you ordered for the main course. Patience is the key my friend.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #312
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I think SCEA had Montero do their mocap

that is exactly what they look like!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »