Home

MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #297
Rookie

JLL84's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
You know I sure hate the Cardinals...being a Reds fan and all, but you my friend . For real though, thanks for mentioning this, I always have to set my settings on my TV to avoid that pinkish red.
I'll gladly settle for GABP's backstop getting the REDS logo. Been hoping/asking (probably too late in the process) for 3 years.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:30 AM   #298
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Tip toe?

Could you explain a little bit more about what is wrong with it and how it should be please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think it's the way they slowly shuffle their feet to make contact with the bases as they round them. You'll see that once in a blue moon in real life, but it happens around every base in this game.

It's a bit more disguised in 12 with the cuts to other things around the ballpark (one of my wishes from last year, which is awesome).
Yes. In real life players do take really quick steps in order to hit the base sometimes, but they look very funny doing it in the show and they do it at every base.

I think in general, the homer run trots in the game look bad. The players jog extremely funny to me in this game. Like balerinas. They just frolic around the bases, it does not look natural at all. Maybe it's just me.

In real life, a homerun trot is the most stylish part of a players game. You'll see the guys who strut around the bases, and job around with a little lean like Dimitri Young. Miguel Cabrera does the strange jab step as he approaches third base, where he'll take a quick step to his right like a running back then hit the base. In Florida Ozzie Guillen as the 3rd base coach would pretend to hand off a ball to him. Just a typical home run trut has some style to it. Players jog around feeling like they are the coolest thing alive, and rightfully so.

But in the game they frolic around like dancers. They tip toe 360 feet around the basepaths and throw their arms around like little kids.

But then again, maybe that's just me. The game is great but I always disliked the whole post homerun antics. It doesn't look right.

quote=agentlaw13;2044582378]Lol...when I read the first part about Miggy's pants being down, I was like "whuuuuuuuuuuuutttttt?" haha

You do realize you can edit it within the game to whether he has high socks or whatever, right? I would definitely make his pants "baggy". But I dont care what kinda pants/socks, etc you put that man in...he can rake in real life and on the game for sure. I know all too well...I'm an Indians fan. [/quote]

They always seem to give him the most outrageous and random accesory combinations. Random arm bands, sunglasses, high socks, shiny shoes, just a whole bunch of random stuff that makes him look like a superhero rather than a ballplayer. He does wear a lot of 'flasy' shoes, and wears arm bands, but the high socks are rare. He always just has the weirdest accesories in the game. The edit feature is very helpful
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #299
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRealDeal8498
C.C should be on the Cover of a Dunkin Donut box
There fixed it for you lol
Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 AM   #300
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
I think in general, the homer run trots in the game look bad. The players jog extremely funny to me in this game. Like balerinas. They just frolic around the bases, it does not look natural at all. Maybe it's just me.
I think SCEA had Montero do their mocap

Old 01-05-2013, 04:50 AM   #301
Rookie

OVR: 0
I never said the jersey thing would revent me from buing bt to have the Rogers centre off every single year and not even have the jerseys right now after two years is just weired. Joey bats was in studio with the jersey. The Jays unifrorms are more then one shade off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #302
Rookie

OVR: 0
Prevent,buying but. wow, way too many spellng mistakes.If it's fixed it would be nice but the color being wrong wouldn't prevent anyone from buying the game it would just be cool o play a franchise and not have to stare at a completely wrong color on your screen.
As much as Toronto loves the Jays it's not all of Canada despite what you may of heard our country is vast. I'd rather have the same cover as the U.S. Martimes are usually red sox fans WEST Coast are Marniers fans. Our prefrences are based on the teams that are in th sametime zones. It's kind of odd that Americans automatically beleive we're Blue Jays fans simply becasue they're in canada we have Canadian Boroadcasters that play Yankees, Red Sox, Phllies, Rngers, Giants games we have WGN who play cubs games, TBS who play Braves, The Internet. To assume all Canadians want a cover of a Blue Jay by default is rather odd.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #303
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan93
Prevent,buying but. wow, way too many spellng mistakes.If it's fixed it would be nice but the color being wrong wouldn't prevent anyone from buying the game it would just be cool o play a franchise and not have to stare at a completely wrong color on your screen.
As much as Toronto loves the Jays it's not all of Canada despite what you may of heard our country is vast. I'd rather have the same cover as the U.S. Martimes are usually red sox fans WEST Coast are Marniers fans. Our prefrences are based on the teams that are in th sametime zones. It's kind of odd that Americans automatically beleive we're Blue Jays fans simply becasue they're in canada we have Canadian Boroadcasters that play Yankees, Red Sox, Phllies, Rngers, Giants games we have WGN who play cubs games, TBS who play Braves, The Internet. To assume all Canadians want a cover of a Blue Jay by default is rather odd.
They aren't assuming anything. You seem to be assuming the sun and moon revolve around you alone. You think every single person in America wanted Adrian Gonzalez on the cover? Maybe we should all boycott the game until SCEA makes 400 million different covers, for each and every citizen of North America?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #304
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
They aren't assuming anything. You seem to be assuming the sun and moon revolve around you alone. You think every single person in America wanted Adrian Gonzalez on the cover? Maybe we should all boycott the game until SCEA makes 400 million different covers, for each and every citizen of North America?
Or...........just request what player you want on the MLB The Show cover from our talented OS members in the MLB 13 cover thread. Fantastic covers to choose or request.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »