Home

MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #257
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 13 The Show Trailer - First Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
LOL, I just can't; with some of the responses in this thread...

It's a forum. Not everyone has to have the same opinion.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #258
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
It's a forum. Not everyone has to have the same opinion.
Ahhhhhh yes, a forum!

However, I didn't say anything about opinions... I was actually referring to assumptions and jumping to conclusions (both good and bad). This video is meant to be a first look. Not a feature list; but you wouldn't know that from reading some of the post.

Edit:

I almost forgot...

Spoiler

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 01-04-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #259
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
If you want a true answer, Diamond Dynasty. Anything more than saying it's for DD is pure speculation.

There isnt a diamond dynasty for the vita. will this be available for the vita too?

again, plz reply!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #260
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
This year, they are revamping franchise mode, which I think counts as an off-line mode.
I can't wait to hear about the additions to franchise mode b/c franchise mode comprises 85% of my show experience. Although I want to try a position player for Road to the Show this year as opposed to always doing a pitcher.

I am still holding out for a lot more player history in the player cards (stats, teams played for, awards won, etc.).

P.S. Good first trailer.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette

Last edited by garyjr33; 01-04-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #261
Rookie

g-burn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bbq
Does anyone know if player history was improved this year? I play franchise mode and it sucks when your trying to read up on a player and you cant even see the teams he has played for in the past. Especially when you get into computer generated guys..... who drafted him? what teams has he played on? has he been in the W.S? I would love for a players card to carry a lot more history for the player then just his numbers. That would make franchise mode more interesting.... Anyone know about this? or where would be the best site to voice my opinion. Am I alone on player history?
I absolutly agree with this statement!!! This has been my biggest gripe about The Show since 2008. Why have the player cards not been overhauled almost 5 years? A player resume would add a completly new element to the Franchise experience. They could make each item on a players resume carry XP that would enhance the overall performance of whatever team he's playing for. This could add value to older players who's skill atributes have dropped.

And PLEASE start tracking more career stats. The more, stats the better. Why does Sony keep neglecting us Franchise gamers of our career stats? All true baseball fans are stat rats deep down. I'm tired of looking for leadoff hitters based on their speed atributes. I want to see their OBP, runs scored, and stolen base totals through the years. It's more fun that way IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #262
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-burn
I absolutly agree with this statement!!! This has been my biggest gripe about The Show since 2008. Why have the player cards not been overhauled almost 5 years? A player resume would add a completly new element to the Franchise experience. They could make each item on a players resume carry XP that would enhance the overall performance of whatever team he's playing for. This could add value to older players who's skill atributes have dropped.

And PLEASE start tracking more career stats. The more, stats the better. Why does Sony keep neglecting us Franchise gamers of our career stats? All true baseball fans are stat rats deep down. I'm tired of looking for leadoff hitters based on their speed atributes. I want to see their OBP, runs scored, and stolen base totals through the years. It's more fun that way IMO.
Its been mentioned quite a few times by various people around here, but the lack of stat tracking (and various other things as well) is due to the lack of memory the PS3 has. Do you really think SCEA gets some kind of satisfaction out of holding back features that benefit the game? If they had the ability to include it then it would already be in. The good news is next gen is right around the corner, that's where all of the stuff most people are clamoring for will make an appearance...
Old 01-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #263
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
It looks like players still do the same stupid trot around the bases after homeruns. They like tip toe around the bags and it looks really silly.
Tip toe?

Could you explain a little bit more about what is wrong with it and how it should be please?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #264
Banned

OVR: 3

I love Luis Cruz's player model looks like him, I hope you guys can get his batting stance down. Also Hanley needs a better stance and cyber face.

And can Miggy's pants be down lol, He almost never wears high socks anymore, just a couple requests for you Russel!

You have done a great job on adding things people have asked for an actually listening to the community!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »