Home

Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

This is a discussion on Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #257
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

I want major league strike zone as an option..where the strike zone is a fair bit smaller, not just umps calling a different strike zone. and dont even have pitchers change how they pitch now, just make the zone smaller. just as an option
Old 01-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #258
MVP

OVR: 3

I want them to add variety to the pitchers after motions after the pitch. Every pitcher throws the ball, then steps in the same spot on the mound, waiting for the catcher to throw it back. After seeing the same thing 100 times, it begins to look a little unrealistic.

If they could have guys maybe walk a few steps toward the plate then recieve the ball, or play with their hat, adjust their glove, there's a milion things pitchers do after the pitch. They don't stand in the same spot, in the same exact position every time.

Same with the first basemen after an out. In the game, they catch the ball, then go into the same animation of pausing awkwardly, then tossing it to the second basemen. Add some variety or some flow to their animations when throwing around the horn.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #259
Rookie

g-burn's Arena

OVR: 0

1) Detailed career statistics on player cards in Franchise Mode (obp, slug, ops, strike outs, walks, SB, 2b, 3b, runs, etc). Highlight the statistics leaders too just like on real baseball cards.
2) Player resumes on player cards. I'd like to see a record of previous years award winners, previous leaders in statistical categories, championships, or all star selections. They could take it one step further and attach experience point values to each item on the resume which would help improve overall team performance. This could give AI a reason to sign or start veterans over freshly drafted prospects.
3) Loosely designate the type a hitter a player is supposed to be. For instance, a player that shows the skill set of a lead off hitter should continue to develop as a lead off hitter. Same with a number 2 hitter or a clean up hitter. Then have AI build teams and lineups based on a hitters role. This would prevent Mark Texiera from ever batting in the 2 hole!
4) Player ranking system. For both the pro's and the prospects. Maybe include 2 lists. One ranking talent and another ranking actual performance.
5) Ability to tinker with and build line ups during the offseason in Franchise Mode. This one is slightly nitpicky since I can do with pen and paper, but why should I? I find it easier to make my signings when I can see the holes in my line ups rather than holes in my 40 man rosters.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #260
Just started!

The biggest change that I'd like to see in MLB The Show 13 is a realistic physics engine that would play to a parks dimensions. Just one of many obvious examples would be that homeruns would be drastically easier to come by playing a season in Coors or Great American as opposed to Oakland or Miami. You could also play neutral for places like Kauffman or Nationals Park.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #261
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careter 1970
The biggest change that I'd like to see in MLB The Show 13 is a realistic physics engine that would play to a parks dimensions. Just one of many obvious examples would be that homeruns would be drastically easier to come by playing a season in Coors or Great American as opposed to Oakland or Miami. You could also play neutral for places like Kauffman or Nationals Park.
Pretty sure it already does
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #262
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I asked about this. Yes there are park factors coded in.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #263
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careter 1970

First of all, there is already a realistic physics engine in the game. It will be even better in MLB 13 after all the feedback provided from 12.

Second, the game doesn't take into account the dimensions of the ballparks for a reason; and that's a good thing. I'm sure someone else can better describe it...

When you hit the ball, the only ballpark factors the game calculates are the wind speed, direction, and the altitude as to where the stadium is located. So like you wished, a ball hit at Coors already has an advantage over a ball hit at Petco. There is proof in the game that altitude is calculated. Play a round of HRD at Coors and compare it to another stadium. You'll notice the ball travels MUCH farther at Coors than anywhere else. A Coors HRD shot comes close to 500 feet regularly.

On the other hand, the game does not calculate fence dimensions when you hit the ball. In a way, the game is built to not recognize where the fences are. It allows for the dimensions of all the parks to affect the game in a natural way.

For example, let's say that after the hit type, how well you timed it, player ratings, wind, and altitude is calculated, the game decides the ball you hit will travel 320 feet down the LF line. Since the game doesn't take into account the distance of the fence, the ball will naturally travel over the Green Monster and leave Minute Maid Park, while at the same time, it would not make it out of Busch Stadium or Griffith Stadium.

Naturally, this allows parks like GABP and Citizen's Bank Park to be bandboxes, while Marlins Ballpark and Comerica Park are naturally pitchers parks.

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 01-03-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #264
Rookie

I'm sure many people would not care if this was added, or if it is possible, but the ability to play a career mode as an existing mlb player, just like in Madden and NHL, ect... The problem is whether or not EA owns the rights to recent additions to their sports games, also the fact that not many people had a positive response to the new game modes. I would also like to have the ability to have more control when fielding. The players feel locked and you are very limited in your abilities because your player is locked from attempting a diving play at 3rd or an aggressive route to a ball in the outfield to attempt a throw home. This is a must.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »