Home

Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cover

This is a discussion on Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cover within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #49
Rookie

DC Fraz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cove

WHERE'S KING FELIX AT????BOOOOOOOOO

Anyways McCutchen gets my vote, represent the 'Burg
Old 12-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Buster Posey and Miguel Cabrera Round Out the Candidates for MLB 13 The Show Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvottop19
I just don't understand why you put Andrew McCutchen and Matt Kemp on here, hell even Bryce Harper but not Joey Votto!!!!
Maybe we'll get him up here in Canada!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:29 AM   #51
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

I vote 'Cutch.

Not only is has he performed at a very high level for a sub-par team, he'd be an excellent spokesperson the game. He is such a fun guy to watch...both offensively AND defensively.

Harper, easy no for me...in about 3 years if he's a premier player, sure...but "what have you done to prove yourself to be a cover athlete...if your not an avid baseball fan you don't even know who he is. I hope in 3 years I can vote for him because he took his team to World Series or he even won a batting title...but for the year 2013, a definite no.

CC, nah...he'd be a great spokesperson, but the Yankees already get enough love.

Braun, nah...he's another great guy for the game, but he just hasn't been the same since the alleged steriod talk.

Cabrera, maybe...he's already won the Triple Crown, but isn't that enough?

Posey, maybe,...I just don't see him as an impact player...he doesn't stand out to me...I dunno...jjust not my vote.

Kemp, ok...he'd be my #2 choice, because this guy trains like noone I've ever seen...talk about dedication in the on AND off-season...I just prefer Cutch.

All in all, just my 0.02, Cutch gets my vote.
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #52
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyklaid
Posey, maybe,...I just don't see him as an impact player...he doesn't stand out to me...I dunno...jjust not my vote.
Not to pick on you Tommy but a catcher who is one of the best fielders at his position and is an annual threat to hit .300+ with ~25 HR's sounds like an impact player to me... You can even say he's MVP caliber
Old 12-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #53
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
I am the same way with Verlander. He's good and I'm glad he's on my team, but other than that, yeah. He's just there. Lol.
I hope you are joking.

He's good? Umm, yeah. Send him right to the Twins why don't you for Pavano or something? Really, he is the only reason you guys compete every year. Take him out and replace him with an average dude and you guys don't even make the playoffs.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
I hope you are joking.

He's good? Umm, yeah. Send him right to the Twins why don't you for Pavano or something? Really, he is the only reason you guys compete every year. Take him out and replace him with an average dude and you guys don't even make the playoffs.
I think they are saying they don't connect to him much on personal, "fan" level. I'm pretty sure they are aware Verlander is one of the best players in baseball.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #55
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Not to pick on you Tommy but a catcher who is one of the best fielders at his position and is an annual threat to hit .300+ with ~25 HR's sounds like an impact player to me... You can even say he's MVP caliber
It's all good...

I just didn't have a very good argument for why I don't want to pick him...lol
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
I hope you are joking.

You're telling me these 4 guys wouldn't be enough to get past the Twins and Indians last year?

Scherzer 3.74 ERA
Sanchez 3.74 ERA
Fister 3.45 ERA
Smyly 3.99 ERA

Yea those 4 starters with ERA's BELOW LEAGUE AVERAGE wouldn't be enough to beat the Twins. Or Indians. Or White Sox. I mean, it's not like MVP of the league helped them make the playoffs. Or Prince Fielder. Or Austin Jackson who was top 15 in WAR.

So I should have said "Verlander, is an excellent pitcher and one of the greatest right handers in the game of baseball today, is not my favorite player" Is that really neccesary?

People even get upset when I don't hype up my team enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »