Home

MLB 13 The Show - Dev Journal: New Throwback Uniforms

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Dev Journal: New Throwback Uniforms within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #33
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Dev Journal: New Throwback Uniforms

Something that I think would be really cool on the ps4 (maybe not even till ps5) would be to have the old fashioned feel to when playing with throwbacks (or at least an option). MVP 05 did this where the screen looked like an old film while you were playing and the crowd dressed appropriately. As good as the throwbacks get, it still feels like playing in the modern day with old outfits (which is fine sometimes).
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #34
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I believe it is a memory issue, where they can only offer two throwback uniform slots. Most likely with the ps4 we will see that expanded and hopefully see the uniform creator added in somehow. SCEA probably wants to try and have the throwbacks more in line with what people want to see for their teams.
What they should do, IMO, is get rid of the BP home and road uniforms to open up two more slots. These are never used unless you are playing a designated Spring Training game in RTTS, Franchise, or Season. Then you have guys like me who never use them even during ST games because some teams in real life don't use them.

By the way, do we know if we will be able to choose our uniforms in RTTS this year. It was said to be in 12, but that didn't make it in.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 5
My guess is that more screenshots will be released until launch. I will ask is there a list of the new throwbacks yet? If so are the road mid 80s grey Tigers uniforms available? Yes I know and yes I am seriously asking, I really am excited for this game, you will understand when you are married doing a boring job of mortgage banking for 60 hours a week like me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #36
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
My guess is that more screenshots will be released until launch. I will ask is there a list of the new throwbacks yet? If so are the road mid 80s grey Tigers uniforms available? Yes I know and yes I am seriously asking, I really am excited for this game, you will understand when you are married doing a boring job of mortgage banking for 60 hours a week like me.

We're only positive of those six on the first page. The Braves old throwbacks might be the 1933 Boston Braves uniforms based on the socks B.J. Upton is wearing. Those definitely weren't the ones worn in '72.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 5
Awesome any information that we can get is appreciated
Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #38
Banned

b22gamer's Arena

OVR: 7
What's the word on lower-style stirrups?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #39
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

None yet. I would be surprised if they were in this year. The Zimmerman pic shows the same high ones while the B.J. Upton pic shows socks.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #40
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

The uniforms in the pics look really nice. I hope the light blue Cardinal uniforms from the 80s make it in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »