Home

MLB 13 The Show - Beginner Mode Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Beginner Mode Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #89
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Beginner Mode Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
Personally, I think that SCEA should have invested this time in getting the gameplay right. The obvious issues like pickoff throws by the AI (or complete lack of), the scheduling issues from last year, fatigue issues. I really do hope they also addressed the crowd (tiring and limited animations), and maybe even added a "one pitch mode" for those who like to move the games along faster or are into "manage only". Why keep adding new features, especially ones that the majority of folks will never use, when the core of the game isn't where it needs to be?

If you're talking about the no pickoff throws in MoM.....it's a bug and I've let them know about it.

What are the fatigue issues?

...and they always work on gameplay...regardless of what else they do to the game.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #90
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
You really need to search for some of Russell's previous posts here.
He has noted, time and time again, that through their research, that the majority of people they talk with, or test with, have said the game is too hard.

I'm a big hockey fan (or used to be), and it took me some time to realize that EA will never make a hockey game I want to see because my opinion accounts for 10% (if that!) of the consumers out there.
A great majority of those that buy EA NHL games are casual fans that don't want the same game I do.

OS is a great place to discuss sports and sports games, but most of us are in a stark minority when it comes to the overall consensus of how these sports games should look.

It's still a business so you need to cater to the masses.
I think SCEA has actually gone over and above trying to appease the small sample group that OS represents.

Yep. If you (generously) figure half of the 240K or so OS members own a PS3/Vita, and very generously assume that every one of them are baseball fans and will buy the game; which figures to sell at least 800K copies, that still only accounts for roughly 15% of the total userbase.

YouTube

Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #91
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yep. If you (generously) figure half of the 240K or so OS members own a PS3/Vita, and very generously assume that every one of them are baseball fans and will buy the game; which figures to sell at least 800K copies, that still only accounts for roughly 15% of the total userbase.
glad to know Im not one of five people playing online

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-you-play.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #92
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Shoulda just added some kinda arade mode...users who try Rookie level difficulty and STILL complain about the difficulty are just looking for an altogether different experience. An arcade-like mode would have been a PERFECT side addition to the game.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #93
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

more people the better! as long as they are not clogging the online part of the game up!have some little grandsons who may "DIG" this mode,and get them interested fully in baseball?....
Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #94
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
This mode doesn't look very helpful at all IMO. People's difficulty with hitting would be made easier if they truly slowed the pitch speed down on the lower levels or offered a batter's eye mechanic that tipped the pitch type to the batter (and not guess pitch which I hate).

The Show IS difficult and there are better ways to handle it. My kids can pick up Mario super sluggers and have a good time right away. I've seen baseball video game veterans get frustrated hitting on the lower difficulty levels in this game. The lower difficulty levels aren't really set up properly IMO.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #95
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This mode doesn't look very helpful at all IMO. People's difficulty with hitting would be made easier if they truly slowed the pitch speed down on the lower levels or offered a batter's eye mechanic that tipped the pitch type to the batter (and not guess pitch which I hate).

The Show IS difficult and there are better ways to handle it. My kids can pick up Mario super sluggers and have a good time right away. I've seen baseball video game veterans get frustrated hitting on the lower difficulty levels in this game. The lower difficulty levels aren't really set up properly IMO.
My 8yr old son doesnt want mario anything and I dont blame him neither did I when bases loaded came out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #96
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
My 8yr old son doesnt want mario anything and I dont blame him neither did I when bases loaded came out.
But Bases Loaded wasn't as difficult as games are today.

Those games back then only used 2 buttons.

There's no reason The Show couldn't have a 'Beginners Mode' where the ball was pitched much slower and easier for anyone to hack at.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »