Home

First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed

This is a discussion on First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #105
Rookie

kaptainkarl76's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed

I seriously..SERIOUSLY..hope that Hype-Train Harper as cover boy is your last choice..

If you are going to put a rookie "phenom" (god i hate that word) on the cover, why not use Trout...He would be more deserving..

Harper looks like a mix between the yellow rapist dude from the movie Sin City and Shrek...Last thing I want to look at for 162 games..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #106
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: First Candidate For MLB 13 The Show Cover is Bryce Harper, More Details Revealed

I don't want trout or harper anywhere near the damn cover. Put Mauer back on before these guys ffs.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #107
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yes it's extremely important that we keep the integrity of baseball readily apparent and you will still fail on 70% of your at bats in MLB 13 .

However those moments where it's 3-2 and you know the pitcher is going to throw a fast ball and you square up on it. Only to see a lightly hit pop up fly are gone. Now this doesn't mean every time you have great timing and good contact it's going to be a hit. But it's going to be hit hard on a much more consistent basis than it was last year. You won't need swing analysis anymore when you square up on one this year you will know it at the crack of the bat.

The ball spray, trajectories, contact, timing, and energy from the hit are much more in line with real life now. Opening up the timing window was only one part of the equation there has been work done on hit types, fielder angles, jumps on the ball, ball physics etc.......... that when added together makes the hitting aspect game extremely dynamic and gratifying this year.
This is the part where I put in an image of a child/cartoon bouncing around in excitement.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #108
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkarl76
I seriously..SERIOUSLY..hope that Hype-Train Harper as cover boy is your last choice..

If you are going to put a rookie "phenom" (god i hate that word) on the cover, why not use Trout...He would be more deserving..

Harper looks like a mix between the yellow rapist dude from the movie Sin City and Shrek...Last thing I want to look at for 162 games..
The fans are going to vote on the available choices, so Sony is not determining the Cover boy we are! Also, if Trout does not show up as a voting choice, it does not necessarily mean he was not approached.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #109
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvottop19
JOEY VOTTO FOR THE COVER!!!
You'll have to get the Canadian copy for that.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 4

Russell, how about the hot/coldzones for the hitters. Will it be like mvp 05 where we edit those, or do they reflect performance ingame?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #111
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
After seeing the trades that have gone down in baseball the last 4 months I will never think of another trade in the game as being "unrealistic"
Now only if you could get the few guys who "run" the "The Official The Show trade discussion". To think that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #112
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

With the all this improvement going into Franchise mode I already paid off my copy today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »