Home

MLB 13 The Show - Beginner Mode Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Beginner Mode Impressions within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #41
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Beginner Mode Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
There is a practice mode, but clearly from the feedback they recieved gamers felt more needed to be done to address the difficulty of the game, so that's what they did.
How much simpler does it need to be? Like I've said, there's already modes to address hitting and pitching. If that isn't enough to help you hit and pitch, then I'm pretty sad for the rest.

This is a baseball game. Baseball is pretty friggin simple. If you have to dumb things down to the common denominator, then I give up. Hitting something with a stick is simple. If you can't figure that out, then I don't know what to say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #42
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
How much simpler does it need to be? Like I've said, there's already modes to address hitting and pitching. If that isn't enough to help you hit and pitch, then I'm pretty sad for the rest.

This is a baseball game. Baseball is pretty friggin simple. If you have to dumb things down to the common denominator, then I give up. Hitting something with a stick is simple. If you can't figure that out, then I don't know what to say.
So why do you keep saying it?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #43
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
So why do you keep saying it?5
Because I think it can be better. And I think SCEA could do miles better than we get every year.

Go ahead and parade for them. But I hate because I love.

Last edited by Bahnzo; 12-14-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #44
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Here's the deal. Its not like this feature completely ruined this years game. It's not like it's taking extra features out. This was most likely worked on by scea for a year or two.

Why do people get so upset. If you think it's stupid, don't use it. Is it really wrong of scea to put this in for newcomers to the series? If this kind of thing is what makes or breaks a game then I've lost all hope in video games.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #45

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo

Alot of ****** baseball gamers will just pick up the sticks and swing at everything you throw at them. They have no sense of timing and no type of eye to notice a pitch. This mode supposedly helps with something like that. Baseball is not as simple as pick up a stick and hit a ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #46
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

Here is an idea for you all: More new players come to The Show, mostly because of new grass and stuff , and the fact there is no other baseball game perpetuates this. These players need something to learn from because they are new and the devs HAVE NOT made the game stupidly easy and will not in the future.

This means the noobs will like the game if they can get a handle on it. This means increased REVENUE for the franchise as a whole. This means 3D grass in PS4, and whatever else needs to be done?, and we all sing Christmas songs to each other and love everyone.

Last edited by Unit303; 12-15-2012 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #47
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

I really hate this time of year. I love baseball and the new info but enviable drone of altimatiums and "if this is in they are incompitent" and "if this was put in it must have taken away from this other thing I really love" I wish I didnt have to walk through the sewer to read the actual news, updates, real features in the game.

I have been playing a long time and look forward to this, the beginner mode I'll try just to see if there is anything I need to learn and see if it actually suggests a proper level for me..see if my ego matches the appropriate level.

I just hope the way people go about voicing their opinions don't hinder The Dev team from coming here, its always suggested and usually ignored and they give us more every year.

We take those for granted we dont think will change, hate see this place with out the contribution from the Dev team.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #48
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
Here is an idea for you all: More new players come to The Show, mostly because of new grass and stuff, and the fact there is no other baseball game perpetuates this. These players need something to learn from because they are new and the devs HAVE NOT made the game stupidly easy and will not in the future.

This means the noobs will like the game if they can get a handle on it. This means increased REVENUE for the franchise as a whole. This means 3D grass in PS4, and whatever else needs to be done?, and we all sing Christmas songs to each other and love everyone.
This not only nails it right on the head, but also needs to be understood in these forums. This mode was not meant for people who have played the game since 07. This mode was for people who struggled last year, or am on the edge about this years game because they think it's too hard.

We're supposedly still getting our revamped franchise mode, a playoff mode and a couple other nice additions. Why make this sound like it's a deal breaker? It's a mode that maybe 5% of OS will use. However, it's a mode that 100% of newcomers to this series will most likely try.

I played college baseball, baseball is not a simple game by any means. It's not a pick up and play game like basketball or football. Hitting takes more hand eye coordination than shooting a basketball or passing a football. Hitting in sports games is probably one of the more complicated things to do when the CPU AI is strong, which it is in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »