Home

Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

This is a discussion on Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

Ichiro made 19 million in 2012, which is what I'm talking about. To each his own in what you believe but I'm not going to believe the MLB tells SCEA what to put down for every player in the Major leagues.

Know idea why they'd lie but MLB doesn't take the time to sit down and tell them what SCEA can put for each player, which would be the only thing that makes sense going by what the other guy said. He said MLB tells them what to put.... apparently MLB loves to waste time. Bud Selig: "Nick Swisher makes 12 million in the game give him 800 K"
This isn't a bid deal, which i know it seems like I'm making it a bid deal. i just don't like being lied to. Can Gurantee MLB has some kind of written law in the license agreement where they set players contracts.
SCEA obviously just doesn't do it. I guess MLB told them to give the blue Jays the wrong color blue aswell.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #178
Rookie

However if somewhere in the agreement their was a % taken off each players contract for the game, I'd get that. Since A-rod makes a shade under 60% of what he makes in real life, I'd think okay, but then Swisher makes 93% less.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #179
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan93
Ichiro made 19 million in 2012, which is what I'm talking about. To each his own in what you believe but I'm not going to believe the MLB tells SCEA what to put down for every player in the Major leagues.
Did Ichiro deserve that 19 million though? Contracts and dollar amounts are based on overall in the Show, the $5.3 M or whatever he was making is reflective of his current ability. The MLB might not tell SCEA specifically what to put, but they sure as hell prevent them from putting the exact dollar amount, so why not leave it to the game's engine to determine contracts? If you're that vexed about it, use the free agent 3 glitch.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #180
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

Know idea why they'd lie but MLB doesn't take the time to sit down and tell them what SCEA can put for each player, which would be the only thing that makes sense going by what the other guy said. He said MLB tells them what to put.... apparently MLB loves to waste time. Bud Selig: "Nick Swisher makes 12 million in the game give him 800 K"
This isn't a bid deal, which i know it seems like I'm making it a bid deal. i just don't like being lied to. Can Gurantee MLB has some kind of written law in the license agreement where they set players contracts.
SCEA obviously just doesn't do it. I guess MLB told them to give the blue Jays the wrong color blue aswell.
As Knight said have fun with you're conspiracy theories. You've been told the truth and its up to you whether to accept it or stay hard-headed in your denial.

You're right MLB isn't saying what each contract should be, but they are saying what it can't be, and how close it can't be
Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #181
Rookie

Conspiracy theory, really? you have as much proof as I do, which is why I said I could be wrong but I don't buy it. If you really think MLB tells SCEA what each individual makes then so be it. But, Why would there be such an agreement in the first place when MLB releases the contract details to the public..... all I'm saying.

Your wrong on money dictating the contract. Ichy has a higher overall than A-Rod or at least not enough to be that far apart. Secondly it's not about whether Icy deserves the 19 million, it's what he made. Just trying to make Franchise more realistic. I think real contracts or at least way closer and Real team budgets would make Franchise so much better.
I don't want to see Cano signing with the Rays, when only 7 of the 30 MLB teams can actually afford him.
That's all I'm going to say on the matter, if you want to believe puppys are rainbows then go ahead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #182
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Conspiracy theory, really? you have as much proof as I do, which is why I said I could be wrong but I don't buy it. If you really think MLB tells SCEA what each individual makes then so be it. But, Why would there be such an agreement in the first place when MLB releases the contract details to the public..... all I'm saying.

Your wrong on money dictating the contract. Ichy has a higher overall than A-Rod or at least not enough to be that far apart. Secondly it's not about whether Icy deserves the 19 million, it's what he made. Just trying to make Franchise more realistic. I think real contracts or at least way closer and Real team budgets would make Franchise so much better.
I don't want to see Cano signing with the Rays, when only 7 of the 30 MLB teams can actually afford him.
That's all I'm going to say on the matter, if you want to believe puppys are rainbows then go ahead.
With Knight and co. having been to SCEA studios on several occasions and being pretty communicative with the developers, if they say that MLB and MLBPA put restrictions on SCEA I'm going to believe it. I have no reason not to. Like I said there are several odd rules that have been imposed. For example, SCEA wanted to put in the September 11th caps and MLB denied it.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #183
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

I'm assuming that this is directed at me, so I'll bite. Obviously you haven't been around here too long so it sounds like you aren't too familiar with how much the devs interact with the community, but here's a post by Ramone on how contracts are determined (not the first btw):

Quote:
No on changing potential as it would unbalance the game and cause some budget issues.

The game tries to keep the same number of A/B/C/D potential players in the league every year. So when a couple of A potential players retire it will generate new ones in the next draft and vice versa.

If we allowed users to change potentials there would be more than a few nasty side effects right now. The most important one is player contracts are largely determined by a players overall and if you started editing guys and making some extra A rated players 5 years down the line there will be some problems with budgets and highly rated players not being signed by teams.
Of course anyone who has made it to the offseason has come to this realization on their own, its most obvious when minor league free agents with no service time are asking for multi-million dollar contracts.

Its pretty laughable that you are trying to tell us that we're wrong, perhaps you work for MLB???
Old 12-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #184
Pro

OVR: 4

Ok ok, everyone gets the point that MLB/MLBPA has stated to SCEA not to put the exact salary/contract length of players. It's really easy to prove this because why would they spend the time making up some arbitrary contracts when they could just put in the correct ones and adapt their system to work accordingly.

I think if anything not using the real life contracts/salaries makes it harder on SCEA.

My only point, and I'm guessing Jordan93's is as well, is not that the accuracy of the contracts/salaries, but the consistency, and proportional value.

It sounds like they are making a strong step forward by removing all of the ancillary stuff concerning ticket sales, etc. since it had no real bearing. So I will wait and see, but regardless I'm hoping for some improvement in this area. It would add a lot of value to franchise if it was actually difficult to create contenders, instead of just buying everyone in the first offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »