Home

Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

This is a discussion on Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-04-2012, 04:35 AM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

1) Give the person playing the game full control ingame for baserunners on pickoffs. (no automatic running back to the bag on a pickoff)

2) Add multi color fielding gloves.

3) Put in multiple profiles for each human being who plays the game on the playstation for offline games that track the personal stats. (the game used to have this feature) And allow it to record stats for BOTH players who play a game against each other offline regardless of if it is an exhibition game or a season/franchise game.

4) Allow different batting stances for players who switch hit.

5) Allow editing even non-created players weight. (as players do gain or lose weight)

I know the request was for five but I am going to add a sixth and seventh.
6) The ability to trade 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 or 3 for 2. This is quite realistic as in real life such trades happen all the time.

7) The ability to adjust the location of arm and wristbands as different players wear them on different parts of the arm/wrist.

Last edited by Big Shmooz; 11-04-2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Added a 6th and 7th wish
Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #138
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmreds
Fielders need to gather themselves instead of throwing on the run off one foot when I barely tap the analog stick forward to catch a grounder.
Yes that bothers me too!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #139
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Since MLB Network is the only channel I watch, it would be amazing if the only game I play had the same presentation style. It would add so much more realism to not only the game play but the menus as well. Speaking of menus, how about we get them to change the setup of the main menu. I mean, the list to the side and then team logos on the right? They could do so much with this menu. Maybe when you select your favorite team, the menu is on that team's scoreboard. And just change the overall set-up of the menu. Also, please please please switch from the bar to numerical ratings!

I think the overall game play both visually and the actual playing of the game is the best in all of sports gaming. The physics are true to real life and the controls cannot be improved because they are good right now. Would it be nice to see licensed products? Yes, but that would take more money which could damage another aspect of the game. I'm fine with generic products as long as they keep adding to the accessories and hair styles, like dreads, afros, faux hawks. As for accessories, maybe some more cleat styles, catcher's equipment, and different gloves/mitts.

My favorite mode is RTTS, it's the mode I play the most. And as a High School Varsity Catcher, I would want to be a catcher in my RTTS. But since the game forces the catcher to call every single pitch, of every single game, it is difficult to get through one week in the minor leagues, let alone a minor league career. It would be great if you only needed to play the plays that catchers are involved in. Bunts, pop-ups, steals, and maybe cut-offs/plays at the plate. Bunts, pop-ups, and steals sound straight forward, it could be played like an infielder, you only play the pitch you are involved in. As for cut-offs and plays at the plate, there could be a control scheme for catchers that make the lineup the cut-off, and block the plate depending on the runner's slide. Maybe with the right analog stick, you have to push it down and to the left to block the runner's hook slide.

Another thing that would make this game amazing is a Career mode. No, it is not RTTS because you would already be in The Show! Instead of creating yourself and starting in the minors, you would start as a current MLB player! Imagine playing as a Derek Jeter and finishing his Hall of Fame career, or guys like Miguel Cabrera, Josh Hamilton, Joe Mauer and play through the primes of their careers. I know that if I could play as my favorite player, Joe Mauer, I would never stop playing this game. Or playing as my hometown hero, David Wright trying to win that championship with the Metsies. Or you can go a different route and play as the young guns like a Harper, Trout or Strasburg. You would automatically be in the Major Leagues, and you would still play it as a RTTS, with the Training Points and Performance Evaluator.

When I'm not playing RTTS, I play Franchise mode. I usually end up playing as a terrible team and build them up through the draft, by scouting and trading for prospects. I think the scouting aspect can be improved. I also think the presentation of the menu should be changed to MLB.com and not a newspaper, this is the era where everything is on the internet and not many people read the newspaper as they once did. I liked being able to put different advertisements throughout my stadium, and actually seeing them! And when I install a hot tub, I want to see fans in a hot tub!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #140
Just started!

OVR: 0
Would be great if they could launch a MLB The Show Vintage/Retro series dedicated to a specific year . I guess because of the amount of data it would have to be on a separate game ( wouldn't mind buying both ) .
1969 would be a great year to start with , the first season of the Montreal Expos at Jarry Park , San Diego and Seattle Pilots , the year of the Miracle Mets too ! Would be so nice to play an entire season of the 1969 Expos .
It would take a certain amount of research to create rosters , uniforms , stadiums ( everything can be found online now ) but it would make a fantastic game experience .
Old 11-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #141
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by danerik
Would be great if they could launch a MLB The Show Vintage/Retro series dedicated to a specific year . I guess because of the amount of data it would have to be on a separate game ( wouldn't mind buying both ) .
1969 would be a great year to start with , the first season of the Montreal Expos at Jarry Park , San Diego and Seattle Pilots , the year of the Miracle Mets too ! Would be so nice to play an entire season of the 1969 Expos .
It would take a certain amount of research to create rosters , uniforms , stadiums ( everything can be found online now ) but it would make a fantastic game experience .

We can't do anything about the stadiums or uniforms...other than what is included in the game already, but as for historical rosters....I don't know if you're aware, but there is a pretty good community of roster makers here...
...http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show-rosters/
Unfortunately, we also cannot do anything about league structure either*(and I doubt we get it for '13 quite frankly)....but it's a great effort and historical sets are a GREAT way to keep The Show fresh throughout the year!

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #142
Rookie

I'm all about the gameplay. It's cool to hear that franchise mode got some upgrades this year (as well as a new playoff atmosphere!!) but it's all about what happens on the field for me.

Timing Windows: Each third of the strike zone should have different timing windows for "Perfect" timing. Just early should be perfect timing on the inner half of the plate. Just late should be perfect timing on the outer part of the plate. I feel if each third of the strike zone had different timing windows for "Perfect" timing, the hitting would be much more pure, and hitting to the opposite field would become much more of an art form.

Side note: Please get rid of "good" timing as it's too vague and feels like a roll of dice on a pitch that you've timed perfectly. I hate being out in front of a ball only to see it go to the opposite field (especially on inside pitches) and it looks odd.

Ball Physics 2.0: The ball physics were greatly improved in MLB12. It was nice to see hits that would slice and hook just as they should in real life. They were not perfect though. Line drives seemed to stay up for too long as it seemed the ball would generate too much backspin on the ball. The ball also seemed to lose too much speed on the grass and dirt surfaces. Ground rule doubles were a very common hit as the ball would bounce too high. Some minor tweaks to the ball physics and this game is an easy purchase for me.

Hit Variety: Maybe with different timing windows for "perfect" timing and with improved ball physics, we will get a better hit variety as a result. When it comes to baseball games, I feel this is one aspect that can always be improved from year to year. I'd like to see some bloopers, top spin line drives, flares, etc. It'd be nice to see some plays where the infielders and outfielders converge to have to make the play.

Side Note: Too many batted balls hit the pitcher.

Pitch Confidence: I feel this system needs to be tweaked. I'm not sure what goes into the result of a well timed swing, but if confidence is part of the equation, it shouldn't be. I've had games where I've hit the ball very hard but only had a few hits to show for it, and the pitcher's confidence was just about full. I don't know about you, but when I pitch and the opposing team hits me hard, I don't feel confident, I feel lucky to have made the outs. Pitch confidence should only allow a pitcher to better locate his pitches, not get away with batting practice fastballs. Sure, Major League hitters miss pitches down the middle of the plate all the time, but not at the rate I've seen in this game. If you hang a change up and the opposing player mashes a homerun foul, would you feel confident that you got a strike or lucky that it went foul?

I could write for days on this topic. I'll just leave it as it is now and move on.

Fielding:
Option to cut ball off on throws to home - There are currently two options when throwing the ball toward home. 1) Throw to cut off. 2) Throw home. I'd like the option to make that call on the fly instead of one or the other.

Run animation - I would love a new run animation for fielders. The current one isn't too bad but I feel it can improve. A little more acceleration in the animation would be nice. (ACIII spoiled me with it's run animation and I thought it'd be nice to get a new one in the show.)

New dive animations for outfielders - I feel like a full speed dive doesn't quite carry enough momentum with it. I would love to see some new outfield dive animations for guys running full speed. They look okay in the infield because it's usually a couple steps and a dive. In the outfield, guys are usually running faster and thus have more momentum. Perhaps it only looks odd to me, though.

Indecision on balls off the wall - I've read this is very hard to program but currently, the AI plays the ball of the wall perfectly, every time.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballin23
Not sure if its been suggested but a mlb 2k12 player card would put this game over the top for me. game log, career stats log and accomplishments log (allstar teams made, cy youngs, mvp, silver slugger, gold glove). Made the switch from 2k to the show a while back and thats really the only thing i miss the complete stats it had.
I miss that too. It was the one thing that kept me coming back to 2k for years. Being able to look up all the stats and accomplishments was awesome. The show's player card is extremely weak, I wish they could fix that. Trade finder is the other thing I really miss about 2k but other than those two things and presentation....the show is a great game.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #144
Rookie

Only three things I want:

1. Non-roster invites. Don't know why this isn't in there already.

2. Ability to trade club controlled players (0-6 years) without a current contract. This is done all the time, guys getting traded because they are arbitration eligible. We can trade them currently, but we have to go ahead and sign or wait for the arbitration hearing.

3. Full functional Advance-A teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »