Home

First MLB 13 The Show Screenshots

This is a discussion on First MLB 13 The Show Screenshots within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #65
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: First MLB 13 The Show Screenshots

With the PS4 coming sooner then later I would not expect to see anything really different graphics wise with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #66
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
With the PS4 coming sooner then later I would not expect to see anything really different graphics wise with the game.

Thats my thinking also.

PS4 is right around the corner

But I am sure MLB 13 The Show on PS3 will still be a wonderful upgrade from 12!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #67
Rookie

Concerning that Kemp screenshot at Miller Park, I did some testing yesterday to see how is the lighting out there and if there's a possibility the roof was closed.

Current lighting you see is for sure an afternoon game. I've reproduced the exact angle on 9th inning. Light you see at the plate is coming from sidewall windows. What is lying is that illuminated spot on top right corner. This light spot (is part of the outfield as well) should not show up in case we would have a closed roof option.

So I'm 99% sure this screenshot is taken from a normal afternoon game late inning.

Not saying it's not in the game,just not this shot ;-)
Old 11-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #68
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12
Concerning that Kemp screenshot at Miller Park, I did some testing yesterday to see how is the lighting out there and if there's a possibility the roof was closed.

Current lighting you see is for sure an afternoon game. I've reproduced the exact angle on 9th inning. Light you see at the plate is coming from sidewall windows. What is lying is that illuminated spot on top right corner. This light spot (is part of the outfield as well) should not show up in case we would have a closed roof option.

So I'm 99% sure this screenshot is taken from a normal afternoon game late inning.

Not saying it's not in the game,just not this shot ;-)
Considering they have said they have to rebuild the stadium to get the closed roof, you will not see it until the PS4. That would be my take on the situation.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #69
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Considering they have said they have to rebuild the stadium to get the closed roof, you will not see it until the PS4. That would be my take on the situation.
I concur on both your statements.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #70
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
I agree with you. Not to get sidetracked, I hope the PS4 does come out sooner rather than later as im holding out on getting the Wii U to save me pennies for the next playstation to drop

I am really looking forward to hear and see more details about MLB 13 coming out in the next couple of weeks/months
Old 11-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Thx nemesis but I feel comfortable to talk about it being a 3D designer myself. The rebuild statement is bit too strong here, but still agree there's tons of work to be achieve, mostly on textures colors that may need tweaks. Even then it depends on what lighting engine they're using and how they did it before.

Each gaming studio have their own set of tools and rendering engine. I didn't work on stadiums for sure but worked on rendering old city of Boston (clue here ;-) what is tough is to get the scaling perfect and creating the textures. So creating another a closed roof version at least doesn't require too much mod to what I call stadium basement. Scaling and positioning still the same. Creating the 3D art is not the end of the world, most of the work have to do with light and their rendering engine in the game.

I don't see why a PS4 would be required here unless you want to animate the transition between an opened and closed roof. The problem with the PS3 is RAM usage with textures and we need to be creative on reusing same or mix of existing textures loaded in memory.

As long as you have enough space on disk to store 6 more stadiums, loading one or the other version of a stadium don't require more console power.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #72
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12
Thx nemesis but I feel comfortable to talk about it being a 3D designer myself. The rebuild statement is bit too strong here, but still agree there's tons of work to be achieve, mostly on textures colors that may need tweaks. Even then it depends on what lighting engine they're using and how they did it before.

Each gaming studio have their own set of tools and rendering engine. I didn't work on stadiums for sure but worked on rendering old city of Boston (clue here ;-) what is tough is to get the scaling perfect and creating the textures. So creating another a closed roof version at least doesn't require too much mod to what I call stadium basement. Scaling and positioning still the same. Creating the 3D art is not the end of the world, most of the work have to do with light and their rendering engine in the game.

I don't see why a PS4 would be required here unless you want to animate the transition between an opened and closed roof. The problem with the PS3 is RAM usage with textures and we need to be creative on reusing same or mix of existing textures loaded in memory.

As long as you have enough space on disk to store 6 more stadiums, loading one or the other version of a stadium don't require more console power.
They said they're not putting the time into that for a small gain, at this time. They were pretty clear about their limitations and work load

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »