Home

MLB 13 The Show Cover Decided By Fans, Releases on March 5th 2013, Playoff Mode Added

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Cover Decided By Fans, Releases on March 5th 2013, Playoff Mode Added within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #33
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 13 The Show Cover Decided By Fans, Releases on March 5th 2013, Playoff Mode A

Hopefully we get the option of opened or closed roofs this year. Fingers crossed
Old 11-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 13 The Show Cover Decided By Fans, Releases on March 5th 2013, Playoff Mode A

Open + Closed roofs, imported draft classes, and a really revamped franchise (not just minor adds) would be amazing. Not counting on create-a-stadium until next gen.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
....did you know this is a baseball game?

Generated pitch count was a popular feature in the old ASB 2005 game.
Not everybody has time to play 1 game of baseball that might take an hour and half.
Though, there are some out there like me, who love the slow burn, generated count does have its place. I'd even wager a bet that half [probably more] of the people who play baseball games, wouldn't mind a feature that would knock 15 or 20 minutes off the overall play time.

Glad Sony recognizes that there are people who want a streamlined experience, as well as ones who want a full on simulator of the game we see on tv.

SCEA always shoots for making both camps happy.
Thats probably why its light years above the other sports sims, basketball, football, soccer, hockey, etc.

As far as the cover vote, I wonder if they go the EA route and have a big bracket. Though in the article it says this:

Quote:
Stay tuned — some of the top names in the sport will be announcing their candidacy in the upcoming weeks.
...seeing as the players themselves will be part of it, makes me think it wont be 30 guys or so, like madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Screen shots - meh

Playoff mode - meh

Revamped franchise and RTTS - Mother of God i am excited about this game and it doesn't come out for months!
I know it's very early (certainly not in the development process, but for marketing purposes), but I don't get a good feeling about the so-called "revamped franchise". MLB: The Show 12 is probably the most beautiful sports game I've laid my eyes on, but after awhile its shortcomings in the franchise mode killed it for me.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx
I know it's very early (certainly not in the development process, but for marketing purposes), but I don't get a good feeling about the so-called "revamped franchise". MLB: The Show 12 is probably the most beautiful sports game I've laid my eyes on, but after awhile its shortcomings in the franchise mode killed it for me.

By my calculations, seeing as you had a bad experience with the present franchise mode, wouldn't a revamp make you feel better, not worried?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #38
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

Well, they certainly better not have been devoting all this time to Vita again. That thing is barely selling, though it does need more games, and they had all the code base set up. I think we should be seeing some major improvements in many areas this year.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit303
Well, they certainly better not have been devoting all this time to Vita again. That thing is barely selling, though it does need more games, and they had all the code base set up. I think we should be seeing some major improvements in many areas this year.
Some of us wish they had spent more time on the Vita version, in the areas of presentation and post-release support (i.e. patches).
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #40
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

When I got home I was ecstatic about hearing the release date. I was glad to here that they are making improvements on franchise and RTTS and I was very astonished when I saw the nike symbol on Cutch and Kemps undershirt. I also think its great that they are adding a playoff mode.
But there is one thing that would make this game just perfect, and that would be overhauling the commentary. Over the past few The Show games I have noticed that the commentary is starting to get very bland.I have played MLB 2K and the commentary is the best in any sports game (Besides NBA 2K) that I have ever had in a game.
Since MLB 2K will not be making a game anytime soon I think The Show should try to get the broadcasters on 2K to be on The Show. Or at least get people you have heard say the announcers on ESPN.
Ever since I heard that this game is being worked on I have been very excited, and I will be saving some cash for March, 5 2013!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »