Home

Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales?

This is a discussion on Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #49
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales?

I still bought it... however I've rarely played it. It's a shame too, because its a great game. However, when it comes to sports games, its usually being involved in it, seeing it on TV, going to the games, watching highlights, reading news about it, that keeps me involved in the sport, which in turn seems to make me want to play the game. Im not really feeling anything hockey related lately.

They've made me hate the sport. Another lockout... Another potentially lost season... then they cancelled the Winter Classic, and have yet to refund my money of course, even though they say they will. That's another issue all together though. I'm just frustrated with the sport, and playing the game has taken a back seat to me, I've just lost interest in the sport, so the game suffers too. I'm sure when football starts winding down I'll start to play it more, but at this rate, I don't think I'll even get through a season in my GM mode.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #50
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I don't think I'll even get through a season in my GM mode.
I haven't even been close to starting one. The fact that custom AI doesn't work in Be A GM and the real season not starting I have no desire to at all. However, after going to the Aeros game at the X the other day I may just start one and only play as the Aeros. They have a pretty dynamite team right now due to the lockout.

It's too bad about the Classic. Just as you I am a huge Wolverines fan and would kill to go to that Classic game even though I'm not a fan of the Wings or Leafs. It's just the sole reason of it taking place at The Big House. One day I will get there for football but it'd be even sweeter if at some point I could get there for both football and hockey. I was really looking forward to 24/7 this year and seeing The Big House get transferred into a hockey rink. It would have been sweet but sadly that won't happen.

Not only has this lockout affected the current Winter Classic, it also pushed back the 2013 classic that was very likely to have been in MN. After the Parise/Suter signings Bettman and co. came to Target Field and immediately started looking at it as a possibility for 2013. Now I have to wait until 2014 for that as well if it gets chosen. What's sad is I am willing to fork over a crap load of money to go to the Winter Classic for a league that is an absolute disaster. Pretty sad.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 11-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #51
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I watched a Wild game from last year tonight, vs the Preds. Ya...I'm getting kinda desperate now.

I would think if something doesn't break soon, the whole dang season is going to go down the drain. What a shame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #52
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I haven't even been close to starting one. The fact that custom AI doesn't work in Be A GM and the real season not starting I have no desire to at all. However, after going to the Aeros game at the X the other day I may just start one and only play as the Aeros. They have a pretty dynamite team right now due to the lockout.

It's too bad about the Classic. Just as you I am a huge Wolverines fan and would kill to go to that Classic game even though I'm not a fan of the Wings or Leafs. It's just the sole reason of it taking place at The Big House. One day I will get there for football but it'd be even sweeter if at some point I could get there for both football and hockey. I was really looking forward to 24/7 this year and seeing The Big House get transferred into a hockey rink. It would have been sweet but sadly that won't happen.

Not only has this lockout affected the current Winter Classic, it also pushed back the 2013 classic that was very likely to have been in MN. After the Parise/Suter signings Bettman and co. came to Target Field and immediately started looking at it as a possibility for 2013. Now I have to wait until 2014 for that as well if it gets chosen. What's sad is I am willing to fork over a crap load of money to go to the Winter Classic for a league that is an absolute disaster. Pretty sad.
I hear ya... 110% man. I just have no desire. I bought tickets for about 10 games for the Windsor Spitfires of the OHL this season just so I get to actually see some hockey, and im alot of aspects I enjoy junior hockey much more than professional anyways. It's also nice to go to a hockey game that isn't bombarded with TV timeouts during live action.

The big house.... stop wasting time and go to a football game there. It's a place like no other I've ever been. My brother is a season ticket holder, so I usually get to a couple games a year with him. Tailgating there is fantastic, the stadium is awesome, and it's really a sight to see yourself sitting in a sea of people like that, the atmosphere is just awesome too.

It's one of the big reasons I spent the ridiculous amount of money they wanted for a ticket package for the Winter Classic. The seats I got, weren't the greatest, they would have been pretty far away, but for me, it was more about being there, taking part in the spectacle that the Winter Classic is... and then magnifying it by about 3 times because its a huge rivalry that the NHL doesn't get enough of with their stupid scheduling with Detroit and Toronto... at the big house. Plus, I'm a Wings fan. Generally if you're from this area, you're either a Wings, or Leafs fan. The fact they only play once a year in the regular season is a shame in itself, the fact that they were going to play on the grandest stage of them all and the NHL has completely ruined that is an even bigger shame.

It's completely killed my passion for being a fan of hockey. At least hockey on the professional level anyways. I had the option to hang onto my seats for when they re-schedule the game next season, I laughed at them. I just can't justify giving the league, the teams my cash right now when they can't come to an agreement themselves, fighting over money. As much as I'd love to see Detroit/Toronto at the Big House, they've ruined the whole thing, to the point it just doesnt matter. Im sure when hockey comes back, and the game is coming, I'll regret that decision not to keep my tickets, however at this point in time, I'd rather have my $800 USD back, rather than the league, Wings, and Leafs sitting on my $800 for another year and a half almost.

It's a damn shame all the way around really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »