Home

NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #25
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game

Borrow the Create a Team from the Madden NFL Series where you can create your own uniforms, arena (in Madden stadium of course) and select your players. Add an individual section for Home Accessories and Away Accessories. For Alternate jerseys make certain gear color locked to the jersey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #26
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Full player intros, one of the old Lives had this. It'd make more sense for bigger games or rivalry games like when Miami played in Cleveland for the first time after LeBron went to Miami or for playoff and all-star games.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

Love these ideas! The CAP system has been virtually untouched for 3 years. It's especially ridiculous when 2k markets My Player the most, and yet year after year refuses to update the actual CAP options, or actually get the Playvision to work correctly...but thats a different story.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 14

Storylines!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #29
MVP

Angel_G's Arena

OVR: 20

Like in NBA 09 The Inside, turn off the lights and put a spotlight on the player being introduced and the teamates in two rows giving them high fives (or low fives lol).
Old 10-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
I've always thought the pre-game shoot-around on Live 10' was fantastic; best thing I liked about the game.

Please do this 2k, you have my vote.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
#1) borrow server and/or online tech....whatever from COD....make it stable

#2) Gameface

#3) Borrow currency from NBA 2k10, 11, 12...in other words get rid of VC

#4) More presentation from previous games like what has been said
Pretty much just that for me. I mean seriously....c'mon 2K, CoD 32 player ground war matches with little to no noticeable lag, 5 vs 5 Team Up? NEVER played a game with more than 3 people that didn't stutter. I'd be painfully addicted to blacktop and team up and hardly ever play MyCareer if they could get this ish worked out one day....Yeah right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

1) Bring back multiple my career/ my players like nba 2k12 had. If anything give people the ability to create at least 5 different my careers with different looks and names. So we could do a my career for different positions.

2)Use the control and the dunk variety from nba 2k8. Have a tutorial for it. I prefer that control scheme to the guitar hero controls.

3) 2K could probably save a lot of money on legends by adopting a game face similar to how easports has. That way you can create yourself and legends that might not be in the game like this year chris webber, julius irving, and kareem adbul jabbar.

4) Add the skills challenge to all star weekend. The dribble drill is already in there all you have to add is those passing things and you have the skill challenge.

5) add the create a playbook from college hoops 2k8 this was pretty cool you could create offensive plays and zone defenses.

6) do not add a vc cost to accessories unless they provide attribute boosts. So we can make guys with generic and team color accessories, but if we want a boost like+2 vertical it will cost vc points.

7) the size caps for each position should be based on the the max sizes players have played at for example:

pg max height 6'9-magic was 6'9
sg i think still keep at 6'9
sf 7'0 I think barnani started in the nba as an sf
pf 7'4 ralph sampson played the 4
c 7'7 george muresan, manute bol

8) have a mode where you take the best teams never to earn a ring the chance to get a championship. you could have all the best conference and finals losers never to win a championship compete against the teams the beat them.

9) for create a player and my career add goggles as an accessory as well as the face mask.

10)for create a player add hairstyles like flat top, high flat top, and the mohawk design brandon jennings, and dennis rodman's multi color hair designs.

11) for create a player and my career add the ability to create player wingspan or reach. That would add a new dynamic to undersized players that play larger than their position. We see this commonly with undersized power forwards that have wingspans over 7 feet tall and use their athleticism and wingspan to rebound and block shots. We should be able to create that for our my career players. So if I want to make a 6'7 center with a 7'6 wingspan or a 6'0 point guard with a 6'8 wingspan I can. Wingspan plays a factor in the game and should be in there. The minimums and caps can be based on the max and minimum of players at each position in nba history.

12)12)MY player career franchise, season, playoff , and single game records. These should be mentioned in the commentary and be a extra vc or milestone points when you break it. So the post game interviewers and game commentators, and endorsements should mention this. Also, if someone breaks that record they could mention it.
13) Bring back my crew.

Last edited by thirty3breeze; 10-26-2012 at 02:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »