Home

Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

This is a discussion on Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #105
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

1) Spring Training preview show

2) Monthly Around The League Wrap Up Show

3) Rain Delays/Rain Outs - in a rain delay situation a random amount of time can determine if your starter can stay in or get cold (for example a 2 plus hour rain delay causes your starter to lose effectiviness and make you decide to either go with him or put in a new pitcher) Rain outs cause double headers to be played.

4) Generated Pitch counts - Although I would rarely use it....that is a great idea to speed through more games vs simming them. I remember that feature from High Heat and it was cool.

5) More dynamic Play by Play and Color - We all know it's needs a new coat of paint, but also the stat swipes and match up stats would be great. I thought 12 made some nice additions and 13 can build on it.

13 is a day one purchase without a doubt. It is the only sports game I will pay full retail for at this point.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #106
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

It would be nice if they would get Great American Ballpark right after 5 years....that would be really nice.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #107
Rookie

-Closed roof version of those 6 stadiums having one
- Batting practice before a game and maybe a starting pitcher warmup ( I mean here just pitching from the bullpen). Those 2 don't add to the gameplay by itself but add to immersion
- A better uniform creation tool with at least one custom slot for each team
- more different animation when hitting HR ( specially interaction with 3B coaches)
- reduce runners sidestep range. Little increase would add more to the cat & mouse game with pitchers
- less wild pitches when pitchers trying to throw a runner out to 1st ( doesn't mean more good pitch to 1st though)
- variable weather during a game ( temp drops, wind velocity and direction variations, rain stops or starts
- pitchers motion not as smooth as seen on TV
- better 1st baseman reaction after last out of an inning ( seems to freeze for a sec sometimes)
Old 10-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #108
MVP

OVR: 28
I would love classic teams. Any if the A's teams from late 80's, 84 Tigers, 86 Mets with correct uniforms and stadiums.

Other things I wish for:
1) More classic uniforms and stadiums
2) Day-night Double headers
3) Trophy for playing entire 162 game season without simming
4) CoMericas fountains that work and Tigers eyes flash green on scoreboard after HR
5) Mini Games like HR derby with targets (ala MVP)
6) home and away gear. Choice of different colored cleats etc
7) Ability to give created players career stats so they aren't always rookies
Old 10-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 3

1) I'd like to be able to edit the potential of an existing player; specially if I previously created him.

2) I'd like to be able to import rosters, or at least players, from previous versions of The Show. I spent countless hours creating hundreds of all time greats and came up with an enormously fun historical roster and I'd love to be able to import the players into the next version of The Show next year.

3) I'd like to see the pitch count somewhere on the main screen. I constantly monitor pitch count of my pitcher, and the opponent's pitcher, and to do this I have to pause and go to a different screen. It would be very useful if the pitch count was a small inconspicuous graphic somewhere on the main screen (perhaps near the pitch selection graphic).

4) I'd like to see a player search feature. When creating or up****** rosters I find myself looking for certain players and it's fairly time consuming. It would be really nice if if I could bring up a dialog, type in a player's name, and it would take me to that player and the roster he is on.

5) I'd like to be able to search for a player in the vault by name and see all the results that matched the search criteria. Currently I can order by position, date, creator, etc but finding a specific player by their name is not easy.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thruter
-Closed roof version of those 6 stadiums having one
- Batting practice before a game and maybe a starting pitcher warmup ( I mean here just pitching from the bullpen). Those 2 don't add to the gameplay by itself but add to immersion
- A better uniform creation tool with at least one custom slot for each team
- more different animation when hitting HR ( specially interaction with 3B coaches)
- reduce runners sidestep range. Little increase would add more to the cat & mouse game with pitchers
- less wild pitches when pitchers trying to throw a runner out to 1st ( doesn't mean more good pitch to 1st though)
- variable weather during a game ( temp drops, wind velocity and direction variations, rain stops or starts
- pitchers motion not as smooth as seen on TV
- better 1st baseman reaction after last out of an inning ( seems to freeze for a sec sometimes)
I believe that the changing weather already happens. I know for a fact that temps and wind change throughout the game and it always seems to me as if the rain goes from light to hard throughout the game as well. I love the idea of the closed roofs from retractable stadiums and the pitcher sidestep motion. However if they do the retractable roofs then they need to do them right, make it where the ball carries more or less with roof closed compared to open. Those would help the game a lot both graphics and gameplay wise.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can MLB PLEASE implement the hitting mechanic from MVP??? That would make hitting so much more fun that it currently is.

That is my only complaint with this game. It is damn near perfect otherwise in my eyes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 4

1. RTTS expansion:hype up the draft, more off field and off season interaction
2. Connected Career type mode- after RTTS, choose to become manager/ coach, and do that, working you way up to GM which would start a franchise mode within RTTS.
3. Offline/Online Build-a-team WITH FULL stadium creator, such as wall height, stadium fancies, and scoreboard type
4. Licensed Apparel : if possible at least Nike, Addidas, UA, New Balance, Louisville SLug, and Rawlings
5. Allow the editing of potentials for created players

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »