Home

Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

This is a discussion on Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
For gameplay....more realistic hit distribution.....not just homers and singles.....make doubles and triples a possibility in percentages that at least come close to ML averages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #66
Rookie

paysworld's Arena

OVR: 8
Wish list
New authentic broadcasting presentations of Fox and TBS, featuring announcing crews of both respectable networks, think NCAA 2010.

This week in baseball challenge mode from All star baseball 2005. The TWIB challenge took 21 key events from what was then the 2003 season, Cubs fans certainly remember the Bartman incident from that year. Imagine all of the key moments of the 2012 relived in TWIB's style.

Signature Style, not just at the plate, but in the outfield, running bases, in the dug out, homerun trots, pitchers on the mounds, ect... Similar to NBA2K13. Every stars nuances captured in intricate details.

MLB today for season and exhibition modes and playoffs.

Pitching mechanics from MLB2k12, as well as it's throwing meter which was much more intuitive then in the Show.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #67
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

Here is my wishlist for MLB 13:

1. New commentary - like a lot of people already said...more like the 2K.

2. Right Stick pitching controls like 2K's

3. A MLB Today season mode that actually works.

4. A Playoff mode.

5. I would like to see official All-Time or Classic roster set. I would enjoy seeing how the 95 Indians would compare to the current teams...

You know, 2K might have gotten a lot of crap for their baseball game, but the features above were superior to the Show (except for MLB season mode which is/was broken, but the idea was good). I do like 2k...it is fun,and I would like to see these additions in the The Show....
Old 10-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #68
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown119
You know, 2K might have gotten a lot of crap for their baseball game, but the features above were superior to the Show (except for MLB season mode which is/was broken, but the idea was good). I do like 2k...it is fun,and I would like to see these additions in the The Show....
I think this was their demise. They always added new features but never perfected the little things.

SCEA likes to not add new things until they nail down the stuff that is already in there. Which is why they need to fix some of the stuff that I posted above before they add new features.

The Show is great how it is, which is why people seem to be so amped to making it even better.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3
It needs a October Mode aka Playoff mode. Ppl who want to live whats going on during real life as in rosters being updated some like to sim themselves the playoffs happening now, yes you can play exhibition but it doesnt have that same feel to it.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #70
Rookie

bucsman80's Arena

OVR: 2
A new commentary team and different broadcast camera angle for minor league game, just something different.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
However, I think MLB: The Show is, and has been, the best virtual representation of a sport on the market today.
Couldn't have said it better myself. But OT, I can only think of a few that I would really love to see going forward. For starters, better commentary. I think this horse has been beaten beyond the grave, so no need to elaborate on that. Another thing I would really love to see is an overhaul of the presentation including a "Today"-like feature from the 2K Sports series of games showcasing real-time stats and score updates. A shortened season option would also be nice.

Last edited by DaReapa; 10-17-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Took incorrect quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #72
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrown119
Here is my wishlist for MLB 13:

1. New commentary - like a lot of people already said...more like the 2K.

2. Right Stick pitching controls like 2K's

3. A MLB Today season mode that actually works.

4. A Playoff mode.

5. I would like to see official All-Time or Classic roster set. I would enjoy seeing how the 95 Indians would compare to the current teams...

Good stuff!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »