Home

Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

This is a discussion on Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #49
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
I would LOVE to see MLB Network intergration with the Franchise/RTTS modes. Being a huge presentation guy that would make my life. Also would love the historic teams too. As much as i hate the Yankees i would love to play with the teams that had Ruth or Reggie Jackson. Or even Bo jackson and my man Primetime. Also, the commentary does need an overhaul. If they could take some of the things that 2k does with their commentary that would be lovely.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #50
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

All I'm really looking for is more depth to the franchise mode. A more robust draft, possibly another level or two of minors (even if they're not playable), a much richer scouting system, better progression, and individualized training.

Not that I'm against gameplay improvement as well. The bat on ball physics could use some refining, and I'd love to see players each have their own personal tendencies.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #51
Rookie

KungPaow's Arena

OVR: 7
I am gonna say what I say every year: I wish it was on xbox aswell. ://
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #52
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

1- Minor league player rankings! I have always felt like the Show isn't that great at developing talent through the ranks of the minors... let the next "Bryce Harper" get hype as my team's top prospect from the time they hit AA, this way even if they do not rate as high as the guy at the next level currently I will know that I can move him up and he will catch up in a hurry. Also, it would be helpful when trading with another team to know you are getting say their #3 pitcher...

2- Better uniforms! Whomever picked the "throwbacks" and alternates for the Show should be fired! As a Braves fan there is no reason I shouldn't have the Hank Aaron era uniforms or the powder blue Dale Murphy throwbacks. There are also quite a few alternates missing from the game as well.

3- SELL OUT! Even in Madden you see Nike cleats, Under Armour cleats, Nike uniforms... The Show is so very generic! It really is the only sports game left that doesn't add this level of realism, I want Mizuno gloves and cleats, Nike Batting gloves and so on.

4- More depth in Road to the Show.... since we are adding name brand gear, lets add endorsements. Does my guy want to use a Louisville Slugger Bat? or sign a deal with Nike? I would love to see a system similar to 2K in which my player makes money from different avenues and have ways to spend the money! I would also love to see more off field options.... why have the option to talk to my manager, but all I can do is ask for a trade, playing time, or retire (most of the time retire is the ONLY option)?

5- Better commentary! Better Presentation! Now that 2K is no longer making baseball games I would fleece anyone who worked on the presentation of those games! The Show needs an update to the overall presentation in a BIG WAY! While the 2K games played awful, the presentation was awesome!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #53
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I guess my five wishes would be:

True Broadcast Feel- Basically, have some sort of network (even fictional) and make the game play like a true broadcast. If they could sign a deal with MLB Network, perhaps MLB Tonight could be used to go into games, and then the entire game could use their package followed by a post game/night recap. Even if they have to make something fictional like "American Sports Net" for example, there has to be more of a broadcast feel.

Deeper Franchise Mode- This has been talked about before, but the game needs a more realistic and deeper GM type mode. There should be more options for bigger trades, a revamped draft system, an ability to move from team to team and the need to keep a watch on money during tough times. Four years ago, MLB the Show had the cutting edge on franchises on the consoles. Now, everything seems to be a bit dated.

Playoff Mode- It's not too hard to understand this one. During the season I was playing out different scenarios, but it's not as fun when you don't have the wordmarks on the field or the action in the stands.

Generated Pitch Counts- This wasn't something that I was for before because I always have heard about "one pitch modes" or something to that effect. I never played around with ASB 2005, but if the game can generate counts based on pitcher and batter ratings, that would be something that's highly welcome.

Deeper Diamond Dynasty- I might be one of the few that still likes the mode, but you could tell that last year was a first year effort. I would hope that there are more uniform slots for next year, a way to have multiple clubs with the same nickname, a revamped card system, better online play so that the stats actually track (I've had some cards that have two games left that never expire). The mode needs to be cleaner and needs to be more accessible.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #54
Rookie

radney's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungPaow
I am gonna say what I say every year: I wish it was on xbox aswell. ://
I agree.....this game is the only reason why I own a PS3. Other than the Show, my PS3 don't even see the light of day!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #55
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

They need to fix these small things before they make ANY other changes:

1. Baserunners w/ batting gloves
2. Jackets for Umpires on cold days
3. Better outfield depth/OF Speed
- Outfields look too small
- Makes fielders look too fast
- Not enough balls in the gap as a result, which causes less doubles for non-power hitters

After these things are fixed I would like to see:

1. MLB Network Integration or "fake" network that looks more like what we see on TV:
- No more stat overlays that says MLB The Show 20xx. Thats the name of the game not the network!!!!
2. Online Franchises
- Allow custom sliders
- Allow custom roster sets (i.e. Knights Roster Update)
- Allow all features found in offline Franchise.
3. More editing options for players
- Bat types/tapes
- Glove Colors
- More glove options
- Necklaces
- Different size wrist tapes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 7
Maybe i dont understand.. but if all the players are SIGNED by the team as an organization, and the players are members of said organization, and the teams are affiliated to that organization, why not use their real names and stats on the roster? minor league teams should have current players, and updated players.. its a daunting task, but the gamers do it every year.. not just players on the 40 man.. doesnt it take just as much time to create the fake players? just asking..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »