Home

Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

This is a discussion on Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 PM   #41
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFerret
there wasn't a single worth while idea in that whole post
If you don't have anything worthy to contribute to the thread, please just move along!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #42
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
Generated counts would make the game sublime and actually lessen the stale commentary by having to sit through a 45 minute game and hearing lines like "I don't know where he missed with that pitch".

Also, LOVE the idea of not having to watch every time where foul balls land. It really draws out the game a little too much.

Smoother animations. Played the game after a drought of a few months and for whatever reason, the pitching animations in particular seem to be a bit too robotic. Batting and fielding look smoother, but pitching could use some tweaking.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #43
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

IMO, generated counts would be the biggest addition to date. As it is, the game takes an 1-1.5 hours to play (even longer for those who watch cut scenes). I remember in All Star baseball 2005, I would get good pitch counts, many walks, etc. in a 20 minute game. This would be huge as now people will be able to fit 3 games in the same amount of time frame as it takes for 1 game. People will be able to finish 5 seasons without simming a game. All for it.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #44
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Ah, I love The Show so much that sometimes its difficult to put together a wishlist. In a nutshell I want to see:

1) MLB Network Integration

2) Option to remove the overall bar

3) No player should be defined by a potential rating. Similar to NCAA '13, there should be gems and busts among those ratings.

4) Franchise mode enhancements. I love Franchise mode, but I'm afraid its taking the NCAA '13 route (which I also love for the most part, but is becoming increasingly stale). Trade logic, free agency, draft, trade deadline, and maybe even a weekly recap would all be solid improvements in my opinion.

5) Much more swing variance

6) Player physics

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 10-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #45
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

1) Mic Icon shown beside PSN name in game lobbies for users with headsets turned on.

2) Expand sounds of show having songs for Single, Double, Triple, Away Mound Visit

3)Give us the option to have Innnings music cut off like in 12, or continue playing like in MLB 11. I get that they wanted to make it like a commercial break in '12, but sometimes I like to turn off the announcers, and pretend I am actually at the game in person.

4)Let Pre-Game song play thru starter warm-ups

5)Give option that when a Team sound song is played, let Team Sounds override batter walk-up songs, so that the Team sound song for hit, walk, error continues to play until next pitch. (This happens in 12, but only if you do not have any walk-up songs assigned.) If no team sound is played, then let the batters regular walk-up songs play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #46
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Easily the #1 feature for me is batter's eye like 2K baseball. That feature would occasionally flash the pitch type and general location of a pitch. A lousy batter may never get tipped while a good batter may get 1-2 pitches tipped per AB. It was also based on a rating for eye which differentiates between simply good hitters and guys that do work pitchers. It was great and allowed me to work the pitcher for more walks. I walked 7 times in one game before while in the Show I rarely draw walks because I'm such a hacker. Something like this or MVP's system are far better than Guess Pitch imo. This is the one feature I would love.

They really, really need to add a Playoff option. It would be great for guys that want to get back into MLB the Show during the actual playoffs and set up a real equivalent. It would add a lot of fun for those that want to jump back into some MLB gaming.

Online website for our season. The game produces newspaper articles and stats for our guys. Why not let us export this to a website so we can share with others on how our season is going? If not then give us a stat export option where we can export a comma delimited file to assemble our own stats by team and league.

Better sliders. No excuse for a 10 point slider system when every other sports game has a wider scale. Also need to make sure every slider is a human vs cpu (not global). A cpu plate discipline slider would be greatly appreciated as well.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #47
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
They have in-game saves. Have had them for years.
You can't save exhibition games.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #48
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Those are all great ideas. I'd like to see expanded rosters withthe addition of high and low A teams. Make the draft deeper by adding rounds and by reworking the scouting system. If their is a can't miss player like Brice Harper make it known. Some new faces would be cool.

Add the ability to renegotiate contracts during the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »