Home

Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

This is a discussion on Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

I think because it come out early in the year, MLB: The Show is often overlooked and/or underrated come “game of the year” voting time. The rapid fire releases of Madden, NHL, FIFA, and NBA games, not to mention this year’s late slate of racing titles, can overshadow a game that typically drops in the first quarter.

However, I think MLB: The Show is, and has been, the best virtual representation of a sport on the market today. Its quality and improvements aren’t necessarily flashy, but, like baseball itself, the game is full of nuances and details that make it a deep and strategic experience.

That said, it has never been perfect either. Gameplay issues, like too many comebackers to the pitcher, can mar the proceedings. The modes are deep, but not always accessible or exciting. Online has certainly been a mixed bag.

Assuming we all want these well-known quirks to be fixed, here are my top five wishes for MLB: The Show...either next year or next generation.

Read More - Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show
Platform: PS Vita / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
I think everyone needs to admit that what Madden has done has helped revolutionize the career modes in games. Atleast it sets a bar for others that were lacking to use such things. If this game doesn't get a presentation overhaul, i'll probably skip it this year. The Move integration was a letdown.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24
Caley,
Great write up! The only mode I play is online and I only play online league games, never lobby games. With that being said, my #1 wish would be a robust website. Something very similar to a fantasy baseball website where you can make changes to your line up, make trades, pick up free agents, etc and then have it reflected in the Show. That would bring online leagues to the next level!

Also, and I can't take credit for this idea (thank you @openroad_7), a nice little realistic thing that needs to be added would be foul tips caught by the catcher for a strike out.

Last edited by OhDaesu19; 10-16-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
I would love to see all these things. Especially the classic teams and moments part.
To add on, my number one wish is for the devs to finally get Busch Stadium to look more authentic.

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 10-16-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Top Five Wishes for MLB 13: The Show

Assuming this is going to become another wishlist thread, I'll post my only wish (maybe not my only wish, but the wish of utmost importance lol) here too: (spoiler tags due to length)

Spoiler

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks storylines and exp based training are good ideas. I want to feel connected to my organization, instead of "player A has an A potential, I better keep him around".

Last edited by seanjeezy; 10-16-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Banned

JohnBoy227's Arena

OVR: 2
Once agian madden had good ideas, but put out a crap game that doesn't work without patches.

the show has to get mlb 2k pitching. and don't charge us for classic ball parks.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Wow we're already talking MLB 13, where does the time go?!

I'll be basic here: I loved 12, pretty much the perfect sim.

Some new physics engine (player contacts, again taking this from this year's Madden) would be very much appreciated. A more comprehensive weather engine (ie sudden wind change that would affect the newly developed ball trajectories). Finally, the commentary needs to go, its getting seriously stale.

Apart from that we already have a phenomenal game!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
LOVE the idea of MLB Network Intergration.

But.....

Dear Sony,

If you're listening to the Connected Careers idea.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't make the same mistake Madden did: limiting us to ONE user team.

Other than that, great ideas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »