Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #673
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I mostly play RTTS so keep that in mind for my suggestions.

1) Change base running. Let me hit a button that skips to the pitch that the batter hits/strikes out/walks on. Don't force it in case I want to steal, but give me the option.

2) Change base running controls. Maybe they'll grow on me but I like L/R trigger controls better than the stick.

Those are really the only two things I don't like from The Show after playing for a week. A few other things that would make me like it more are better commentary and my coach not benching me when I steal on a passed ball.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #674
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

o Keep improving Diamond Dynasty!
I love this mode! Maybe add a feature to build your own ballpark.

o Gameplay
o Bunting is still in the old gen phase. Looking into Pro Yakyuu Spirits bunting. Its very well done. Right now if you want to sac bunt you basically need to guess when or if the pitcher will throw a strike.
o More of a penalty for throwing breaking balls in the dirt over and over. Maybe more % of them going to the backstop.

o Online pitch to hit lag. Again look at what Pro Yakyuu Spirits does to eliminate this entirely. Basically the pitcher selects his pitch and location and does the meter thing on his side of the connection. That info is sent to the batters side and the pitch is played out. If contact is made it goes back to a live sync. Now this seems like it would cause a pause in the action but if done how it is in Pro Yakyuu Spirits does it you dont even notice.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #675
Rookie

Frank is the Tank's Arena

OVR: 6

Add a World Baseball Classic mode! (If SCEA has the license to do so)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #676
Rookie

OVR: 8

Stats overlay!!! Im tired of the stadium dimensions like who cares about that. Also the weight and height of the pitchers before they pitch is kinda old. I want to see his stats vs that team or how well he pitches vs them.

Im currently in the playoffs with the Yankees and after playing the first game it felt like i was playing an exhibition game with no meaning. Other than the postseason logo painted in the field it felt like a regular season game. I hope we can get the playoffs logo in the players caps and jerseys. As for commentary they just announce the play and then go back to silence. They need to talk to each other even about random things because they are mostly quiet and its BORING!.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #677
Rookie

OVR: 0

Have different broadcast presentations.But so they wont have to pay for licensing and stuff they could make up their own channels/networks for example instead of MLB on FOX sports net it could be MLB on WOLF sports channel or instead of ESPN it could be TSBN(The Show Broadcasting Network).
Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #678
Just started!

RJT79's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

With the MLB 2K series all but confirmed to be dead, Kotaku's Owen Good has posted an article on what MLB 13 The Show must do to keep the fans of baseball gaming happy. It should be interesting, considering a simulation baseball game for the 360 doesn't look very likely.

In your opinion, what does MLB 13 The Show need to do next year to satisfy your baseball gaming needs?

Source - If We Won’t Have MLB 2K to Kick Around Next Year, Here’s What The Show Must Do (Kotaku)
I really like this years game! I've only had it for about 2 weeks but one improvement I would like to see is Wrigley Field updated for the Bud Light Bleachers in right field and would love to see the EAMUS CATULI sign up to date in right field of the rooftop complex. Also would love to see actual spring training complexes if that legally can be done and last but not least would love better annoucers such as a professional crew from like FOX, ESPN, or TBS
Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #679
Rookie

KakeNasty130's Arena

MLB 13: The Show needs to make some big changes to compete with Madden NFL 13 and NBA 2K13. These two games both reestablished their respective gaming franchises, with new and improved game modes. Connected Careers in Madden and MyCareer in NBA both proved took the "career mode" aspect and ran with it. Although SCEA has made very good games over the years in the MLB: The Show series, a big improvement like these two games sure wouldn't hurt anything at this point. Oh, and the franchise mode in MLB needs to have a more hands-on scouting and drafting experience, like the Connected Careers coach mode on Madden. I was really impressed with EA Sports with all of the new features in that game mode, like scouting points and XP. MLB would certainly make a statement by adding similar features like this. Hopefully my $60 next March will be spent on a game that is well worth it.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #680
Rookie

OVR: 5

How about shots of the city before each game. Like when Matt V. says for example

"Giants at Cardinals, coming up next," there would be a blimp shot of the arch. Or a shot of the statue of liberty when a game is played in New York.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »