Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #657
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
One thing I would really like as far as options go there is really only one thing I can think of. I would like the option on the mound to pick whether I want to pitch from the stretch or the wind up.

I had I game last night where I was getting hammered and my confidence was gone. The bases were loaded and the pitcher I was using had a real short pitch { I use analog for everything} on the stretch. Well nobody was going to steal and I really just want to get the out and would have really liked to just pitch from a full windup to get my game back.
Fantastic idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #658
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1- Diamond dynasty ... want to see career stats not just stats for a 5 gm season.. totally useless.. either show career stats on walkups or make the seasons longer..

---not a fan of the ranking system in DD .. to lose 20 points for a loss when your getting 2-5 a game is a bit harsh

---the option to play now in DD with Guess pitch off

2- Online ... for the past 2 yrs you have awarded the people who play 12 hours a day and have no jobs .. keep 1st inning quits gone and bring back the ranking system of 2010...

--- Have some pride and fix the bugs you create every year... The catcher freeze bug was happening in March and was never fixed.. Kudos on fixing rf assists... Although they still happen more then they should its way less then it was in March .. sucks that we have to deal with a new set of bugs every year.. hopefully now that the new physics engine is in place they wont have to change too much with the gameplay in 2013 creating less bugs

Last edited by xish1970; 10-01-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #659
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Seeing players sign autographs before the game would be cool. I also liked the little shot of the locker room after the game a few years ago. That was nice.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #660
Rookie

OVR: 4

Probably echoing many others with my wishlist but :

1. New progression system. At least have some random progression, like an A potential never progressing. The main issue with it is how slow progression takes. For example, Ryan Braun played briefly in the minors before coming up and he was instantly the best hitter on the Brewers. In the game, he wouldn't make it to that level for 6-7 years or more. An easy solution is to just have some A potential guys who just take off quickly.

I've traded for A potential players who were 24-25 thinking I would be able to insert them right in the rotation or starting lineup the following year, but they just progress so slowly.

2. Redesigned off season and draft presentation. There is nothing exciting about the draft or the offseason menus. I would love if they could incorporate a winter meetings feel to the offseason, something like texts and emails coming in from other GMs and media. Discussion of big trades and signings. Maybe a preview show discussing who the top free agents are and where the analysts think they will end up. Anything to freshen up the offseason and draft.

3. Atmosphere . I still don't think they are quite there with the atmosphere of baseball. The World Series still feels like a regular game, a sellout still feels like a game with 15,000. In my franchise I just won the World Series in the bottom of the 9th down 3-1. Tied the game at 3 and with the bases loaded hit a walkoff double to win the series. The place should have been going nuts, really loud with the screen shaking and the announcers getting excited. Instead it was just a routine double, the announcers never mentioned anything about a walkoff or winning the World Series and the players barely celebrated. Feels anti climactic and doesn't really make you want to get to the World Series again to experience the atmosphere.

With those 3 changes, the game would be absolutely perfect in my opinion.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #661
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

More immersion in RTTS. Want to feel like more of the team, that I'm more connected to the other players. Not sure HOW to do that. With that said, RTTS is still the best My Player mode out there. I love how you can tailor it any way you want to your skill or style.

Also, somehow allow my RTTS guy to carry over to next year's game.

More stats. Would love to see a more robust stat system. I'd love to easily find a bunch of players either in the draft, or in the minors, that have high OBP or something (go the Moneyball route). Or to find those power hitters and put together a fierce HR hitting line up.

Other than that, I have a hard time finding other ways to improve the game. I'm not a diehard baseball fan, so I'm sure I'm missing something, but to me, it is the best sports sim available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #662
Banned

OVR: 3

First of all; great game. And I really mean GREAT! It's the best video sports game on the market in my opinion. Given that, there's always room for improvement, so here's my list:

1) I'd like to be able to edit the potential of an existing player; specially if I previously created him.

2) I'd like to be able to import rosters, or at least players, from previous versions of The Show. I spent countless hours creating hundreds of all time greats and came up with an enormously fun historical roster and I'd love to be able to import the players into the next version of The Show next year.

3) I'd like to see the pitch count somewhere on the main screen. I constantly monitor pitch count of my pitcher, and the opponent's pitcher, and to do this I have to pause and go to a different screen. It would be very useful if the pitch count was a small inconspicuous graphic somewhere on the main screen (perhaps near the pitch selection graphic).

4) I'd like to see a player search feature. When creating or updating rosters I find myself looking for certain players and it's fairly time consuming. It would be really nice if if I could bring up a dialog, type in a player's name, and it would take me to that player and the roster he is on.

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #663
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

This sounds lunacy but hear me out. I frequently get burned out on the different pitching interfaces. How about a mode that cycles the different pitching options throughout a game. It would make it that much more challenging with regards to timing.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #664
Rookie

OVR: 0

1- ability to enter stats and have SCEA create ratings for each of the classes (A, AA, AAA, MLB)

2-Historic franchises

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »