Home

Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales?

This is a discussion on Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 8
Honestly I would have pre-ordered NHL 13 had a lockout not been pending...instead I bought Madden. The main negotiators on *both* sides care nothing for the game, the fans or the people who work in NHL related jobs who aren't on big $$ like the players. I'm not giving them my $$ until they grow up and settle this thing!
I agree that Bettman is a disaster and Fehr has a history of being a negative force in any sport he stuck his paws into (I'm old enough to remember what he did to baseball years ago!!)
Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #34
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Could a Lockout Affect NHL 13's Sales?

I personally am not planning on buying NHL 13 if the lockout occurs. Gives me more time with my lil' one as he will be a year old in a month already , that and more time to work on the roster for The Show as I don't have much free time anymore lol. I didn't buy the game during the '04-'05 lockout either, feels better playing the game while the season is going on, season gets me hyped up, no season, I couldn't care less.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
I still hope a lockout doesn't happen, still I plan on getting the game but it would be short lived if the entire season is lost especially since my Hurricanes got J. Staal & Semin in the offseason. Cannot wait for NHL 13 an I hope the NHL players & owners don't let another lockout occur b.c. the last one almost ended the NHL totally. Things that would suck during a lockout would be an outdate schedule, no roster updates, an lastly no hockey period. I praying for the NHL owners & players to get this crap figured out already b.c. if they lockout the players again I just don't know if hockey can survive it all over again at least with losing an entire season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #36
Rookie

gomuherdclassof2k10's Arena

OVR: 9

I will not buy it tomorrow, first time in ever not buying the game on release day. I honestly do not know if I will but it during the lockout. I spend hundreds of dollars on NHL related stuff like tickets and what not and this lockout will curb my spending to zero until things are better.
WE ARE.... MARSHALL
Old 09-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Anyone have any idea if the "Stanley Cup Edition" will be in stores? Might sound like a dumb question but often these special editions are only available online.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #38
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

I will say it depends on the market. In Canada, I don't see a drop-off in sales. More than that, I wouldn't be surprise to see a gain in sales since there will be no hockey on tv to get our fix, so people will turn to the game to play a bit and experience the feeling. I would say it could be the same in Hockey market in the US we're the fan base is solid and sold.

On the other hand, I see a drop-off for non-hockey state where hockey is stuck between bowling, truck pulling and wood-chopper contest. No seeing hockey will make a huge difference because that's the way to recruit people who want to try it and play in on the console. Since there will be another sports to watch and care about, NHL 13 sales will suffer in those market.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #39
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhpanther2926
I still hope a lockout doesn't happen, still I plan on getting the game but it would be short lived if the entire season is lost especially since my Hurricanes got J. Staal & Semin in the offseason. Cannot wait for NHL 13 an I hope the NHL players & owners don't let another lockout occur b.c. the last one almost ended the NHL totally. Things that would suck during a lockout would be an outdate schedule, no roster updates, an lastly no hockey period. I praying for the NHL owners & players to get this crap figured out already b.c. if they lockout the players again I just don't know if hockey can survive it all over again at least with losing an entire season.
Don't want to break your dream, but a lockout is inevitable and it will be a long one. Let's state it that way : Few years ago, you're wife told you that you have to get a ceiling on your depense for the sake of the familly. After you finally accept to grant is wish on a depense cap, she started making more revenues and spend much while your stuck. On top of that, she spend money on for some other members of the familly, and say to you : "Honey, we'll have to cut again it what you're getting since we have problems here and there. I know it's hard, but we'll lower the ceiling again and I'll ask you to spent less for yourself so that other can have more to live."

Between you and me, would you accept such kind of thing? I was all with the Owners last lock-out, but this time around, I'm behind the players. NHL is losing money? Poor owners, they spent for a team in Arizona who wouldn't attract more than 5000 people if the tickers we're so cheap and they gave away 10 000 free tickets.

Bettman can cry me a river all day long players are making too much money. Go see the clowns he's working for spending for contracts over 10 years for more than 100 millions on players. Owners want shorter contracts, but since we heard about it, they are giving 6 to 8 years contract. Just like bipolar people who say one thing and do the exact opposite after it.

I'm a hockey fan, I want hockey, but the players let go so much last time and Owners acted like idiots for the last few years that I can see a complete year stoppage while most players will earn money elsewhere in the meantime. It's not like the league is older, the core of the NHL players is young guys, who made money and will made money, and I'm in for a long, long, long stoppage!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #40
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

If there will be a lockout it just means i have to play more NHL13 since there's no games to watch from TV...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »