Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #561
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I'll leave the gameplay suggestions to people who know better than me but for presentation;

Commentary: (not gonna beat a dead horse on this one)

A 'Virtual' Network: I think it's time to change the whole "MLB on the Show" presentation. I know one of the Devs threw around some BS about how they have to constantly remind people they are playing the show (despite the fact it's plastered around the entire ballpark) it just sounds so odd. I think it's time to do a "EASN" style network such as SCEA Sports or the Sony Sports Network or something. Would really help suck you into the presentation IMO.

Oh and this doesn't relate to just the Show but people who keep asking for ESPN Presentation in non EA sports games, ESPN and EA Sports have an exclusive agreement till 2020. It just gets frustrating reading this request in almost every thread.

Overlays: The Show has made a huge leap in this since the earlier days of next gen but it can be improved so much more. Taking a page out of 2K's book would really help here. Also fun little things like "The following is presented in HD and 5.1 Surround Sound (where available)" and perhaps after coming back from commercial "Baseball on the SCEA Network is brought to you by, Sony..."

In Game Studio Updates: NCAA Football 13 laid down the foundation for what could be a truly great and immersive feature for dynasties and franchises of the future. A quick look in to a division rival or a no no would be amazing. Again this would work better with a Virtual Network presentation as Matt (or who ever may replace him could say) "And we have a game break with ... in the SCEA Studio..."

Postseason:

The World Series is one of the most amazing spectacles in the world of sport. The hype and intensity to Game 1 is immense and no video game has been able to replicate that. My suggestion for the presentation for Game 1 is...

1. Have a video introduction talking about World Series past and mentioning the two teams that have made it to the fall classic, maybe showing MLB Archive footage of earlier appearances in the World Series.

2. Player introductions. This isn't that hard, surely you can do this.

3. National Anthem (in fact this should be added to Opening Day, All Star Game and the 4th of July) Sacrifice your budget for a track during the menu and pay a star or stars to sing it.

And when the World Series is over, a 1 minute cut scene is not really a reward for the all the effort the player has put into the season, it should have MVP Trophy presentation, WS Trophy Presentation and perhaps a wrap up from the studio (like 2K did with their NCAA Basketball series)

I know people will say "I'd just skip over this" but I have always found this to be a selfish reason, so what if you'll skip over it, at least it's there for those with the patience to watch it.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Ollienyy; 09-07-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #562
Banned

rman's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Pennant chase mode, MLB 2K5 had a mode that had the divisions set up like in real life for that year in the final month of the season. I would love to play this mode allowing me to set the team records for the final month. Oh the hours I would waste off my pathetic life.

World series mode, this one should have been in the game a long time ago. Allow me to set the teams in the playoffs...enough said.

Get rid of all picture portraits use 3d portraits. The player likeness on the field is pretty good, use that as a portrait. I'm tired of seeing players with mix and match caps on the jumbo tron. It kills the immersion for me.

More fluff the better, I want the World Series atmosphere...nuff said.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #563
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

Make proper grass that looks decently real and improve lighting and realism. Less jaggies and 1080p native would not hurt but that is a pipe dream.

World Series atmosphere all the way.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #564
Banned

OVR: 27

Player walk-up stat overlays don't show when a player has RBIs in that game.

For example, if Ryan Howard hits a 3-run home run in his first at-bat, his next at bat would only say 1-1 HR.

It would be nice if in future game at-bats it shows everything a player has done in that game.

For example: Ryan Howard 3-4, HR, 2 2B, 3 RBI.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #565
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Player walk-up stat overlays don't show when a player has RBIs in that game.

For example, if Ryan Howard hits a 3-run home run in his first at-bat, his next at bat would only say 1-1 HR.

It would be nice if in future game at-bats it shows everything a player has done in that game.

For example: Ryan Howard 3-4, HR, 2 2B, 3 RBI.
Or what they show after a RTTS game, how you mark the scorecard (diamond, line to show how far they got, etc...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #566
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

The thing I would like to see improved most involves stat tracking and the player pages.

First I can't believe how limited the stat tracking is for previous years in the player cards. We should be able to see key stats like steals, runs, walks, holds, whip, etc.

Other things I would like added to the player page are previous awards won. It'd be nice to count the number of All star appearances, batting titles, WS wins, etc in a player's career. I would also really like to see a transactions history of the player. It would be pretty beneficial to check out a player and see what teams he has played for, or what trades he was a part of in the past.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #567
MVP

OVR: 3

Body Sliders are a must, Tattoos are a plus
Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #568
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Instead of using sliders for attributes like power and contact give some of us an option to use players stats to achieve the same thing.

Ab......H........Hr...... Sb......So......Ba......Slg
607...185.....37........12......68.....305....555. ....etc...............

And let the computer figure it out. It seems simple and straight forward.

scooter...BigKlu...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 09-05-2012 at 11:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »