Home

Five Things That Will Make or Break NHL 13

This is a discussion on Five Things That Will Make or Break NHL 13 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

NHL 13 has lots of potential, and lots of question marks after the demo had a few issues hardcore NHL fans are concerned about. EA promises a tuner update for several issues at launch which may alleviate many of the concerns, but our own Jayson Young is still skeptical a bit. Check out his five things that will make or break NHL after the jump.

Read More - Five Things That Will Make or Break NHL 13

wOw, great read.

I only hope there will be NO FREEZING ISSUES!

Thats THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Five Things That Will Make or Break NHL 13

Good read.

But I do disagree a little about the AI's aggressiveness. I think it has certainly improved.

In my experience anyway on the higher levels, I've been cut off and checked into the boards more in my time with '13's demo...than all my time with NHL '12'. Again for me...I'm finding it quite a bit more difficult to skate around in the AI's zone because of the improved AI's aggression. Especially if your looking for a quality shot on goal. So overall, yeah...still a bit too easy to get through the zones at times. But imo....'13' seems like a nice improvement over '12'.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
As always EA is targeting the youngsters with this years release, more arcade gameplay wrapped up in simulation looks. I'll save my scrilla as this series unfortunately has come down with a terminal case of FRANCHISE FATIGUE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsp120
I've always thought a coach mode would make sense for a hockey game, but never thought I'd see the day when a game would add it as an option given how few people like myself would actually be interested.

I am absolutely excited about coach mode. I've been playing the demo this way and despite not being allowed to make line changes, I'm having a lot of fun messing around with the different strategies.

Last night I was playing in coach mode with aggressive strategies and a NZ vs. FC biased way towards the forecheck and I watched the computer struggle to get out of their own zone a couple of times. At one point the CPU make a blind backwards pass to nobody and Brodeur had to come out of his net to the faceoff circles and gather the puck and pass it to a teammate. It was pretty cool.
This makes me giddy.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

well based on the demo the ai is as dismal as ever, especially with the defensemen. Yes I know good AI is hard to do but they still can't even defend the slot?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
if people play the game for fun and not for exploits, then everything should be ok. the problem is that people find ways to exploit the game. how is that fun?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #15
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm still on the fence about this game. Not sure how much play I'll get out of it with FIFA coming out two weeks after NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #16
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

For GM Connected to not be a colossal failure, it needs to avoid the horrid mistakes that NBA 2k12 and Madden 13 made. No option for a reset or commissioner to assign a winner in the event of a network drop. This cannot happen in NHL 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »