Home

Five Things That Will Make or Break NHL 13

This is a discussion on Five Things That Will Make or Break NHL 13 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Five Things That Will Make or Break NHL 13

NHL 13 has lots of potential, and lots of question marks after the demo had a few issues hardcore NHL fans are concerned about. EA promises a tuner update for several issues at launch which may alleviate many of the concerns, but our own Jayson Young is still skeptical a bit. Check out his five things that will make or break NHL after the jump.

Read More - Five Things That Will Make or Break NHL 13
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
"Coach mode fans, however, will be pleased to know that unlike Madden NFL 13, NHL 13's Connected Career mode does support user coaching. Coach mode lets the player pick line changes and alter team strategies on-the-fly, in addition to a "shoot" button that will tell whomever has the puck to fire on net."

I am one of those fans and yes, I am very very happy. Hopefully its as fun as it sounds.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
I'm not excited at all about EASHL this year. I'll still play it but not the thousand plus games I have been. It's been getting more about stop the glitchers (even in 6 vs. 6) year after year. Hopefully the no super build this year will help, but people always find ways around it.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0
Can't imagine there's alot of Columbus Blue Jacket fans in the middle of Africa.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Five Things That Will Make or Break NHL 13

I am with you on the coach mode thing as well, but I am hoping this can be used in offline mode, not to crazy about doing an online league, although I wonder if we can start an online league but just play it as single players, and have the other teams be CPU controlled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
Rookie

ocho cuatro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Can't imagine there's alot of Columbus Blue Jacket fans in the middle of Africa.
Can't imagine there are a lot of Blue Jacket fans in the middle of Ohio.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
"Coach mode fans, however, will be pleased to know that unlike Madden NFL 13, NHL 13's Connected Career mode does support user coaching. Coach mode lets the player pick line changes and alter team strategies on-the-fly, in addition to a "shoot" button that will tell whomever has the puck to fire on net."

I am one of those fans and yes, I am very very happy. Hopefully its as fun as it sounds.
I've always thought a coach mode would make sense for a hockey game, but never thought I'd see the day when a game would add it as an option given how few people like myself would actually be interested.

I am absolutely excited about coach mode. I've been playing the demo this way and despite not being allowed to make line changes, I'm having a lot of fun messing around with the different strategies.

Last night I was playing in coach mode with aggressive strategies and a NZ vs. FC biased way towards the forecheck and I watched the computer struggle to get out of their own zone a couple of times. At one point the CPU make a blind backwards pass to nobody and Brodeur had to come out of his net to the faceoff circles and gather the puck and pass it to a teammate. It was pretty cool.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
The glitch should not be mentioned, there will always be glitches unfortuantly but the ones in question EA has already addressed...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »