Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #257
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWHORN
<<<<<<< Points to the top of the screen and tells Bgamer90 to look at the user score. ARGUMENT OVER
"Argument's over", yet you keep on posting the same message.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #258
Banned

OVR: 0
ARGUMENT OVER
Old 09-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #259
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
For sure. I don't trust IGN.
There's definitely something not quite right with many of the review sites.

I've hardly seen any reviews which have mentioned the removal of core gameplay mode co-op, a mode which has been in Madden for about 20 years and is used by many.

The Madden 13 box art states co-op offline and online, but neglects to say that it's impossible to play co-op season/playoffs mode, which is what most co-op gamers want. That's rather naughty by EA.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #260
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Majority?

What number of reviews said that Madden 13 isn't the best Madden ever?

And, if they didn't say it, did they just leave it out or did they straight up say "Madden 13 isn't the best Madden ever"?

And no, even then it wouldn't become a "fact". It would just be a popular opinion.

Of course Madden 13 has problems. No sports game will ever not have any problems.

The majority of reviews I've read stated problems with the game. Maybe not in depth but the majority of them haven't been all positive.

Tackling in 2K5 is canned so I would have to disagree. I also haven't seen any of the same tackling animations (since again, tackling in Madden 13 isn't canned). Some tackles may look similar to others depending on the situation but none of them have been exactly the same.

I never said you weren't ready to move on. I said many others aren't ready to move on.

Also, if you bought Madden 10 and 11 and enjoyed those games, Madden 13 is definitely worth moving on to in terms of gameplay.

2K8 doesn't count then?

I disagree. But yep... it's just our opinion.
A lot of reviews have said that M13 is the best ever. The problem is that those who go by those reviews (i.e. us) disagree and thats the problem. Its not the greatest Madden ever but is being portrayed as such. For Madden, I come here and see what people who play the game say. I already know sites are paid off or playing favorites or whatever so I go by actual gamers to find out how it is. Of course, I played it myself and already know.

I agree. Every game in general has problems but Madden's is overwhelming because its just like " how do they miss that every year" and whatnot. Also, because Madden is the only football game available, its under a far more magnified scope. The expectations are far higher than if there was competition. I have not seen one reviewer mention "no editing" in CCM. Right there, I know the review is full of crap because thats the main thing that should be mentioned once you start a CCM because its so obvious. Everything else comes after you play the game. Reading the review on OS, the guy barely mentions anything which is surprising because I have so many people here mention problems that when going by reviews, dont seem to exist but they do.

I prefer the canned animations in 2K5 because they're more fluid, more realistic and just better looking. Lucky you. I have seen that weird *** tackle from behind a crap load of times and its the one that bugs me the most and stands out the most because its so obvious and fake. But hey, to each his own.

I never said I enjoyed Madden 10, 11, 12 or 13. In all honestly, if CCM didnt have the restrictions and limitations that it has, we wouldnt be having this conversation because I would be playing it instead of being pissed off at it. Madden 10 was okay. Didnt like 11 and 12 has problems, never said it doesnt but I can enjoy the gameplay enough to where im into playing a franchise. The gameplay in 13 is better than 12 but everything else sucks which is why I prefer 12. I can at least play a franchise and be into it. Luckily, controlling all 32 teams eliminates a few of the problems. Its a pain in the *** but still better than M13. M13 would have been awesome if Tiburon just left last year's franchise mode in it and just fixed it instead of creating CCM which quite honestly, is meant for online gamers. EA/Tiburon are focusing almost exclusively on the online aspects because they want to go 100% digital and having as many people care about and play online as possible gets them there sooner. But for someone like me, I get the short end of the stick.

2K8 sucked. Gameplay was better than 2K5 in some ways but not overall and no NFL license kills it. Cant compare a non-NFL game to Madden because its not a fair and equal comparison. At the very least, im hoping that in two years, 2K returns and can go head to head against Madden. However, I would be lying if I said that I dont want 2K to get the exclusive license for the next eight years because I want to see what Visual Concepts does without competition and then compare those games to the last released Madden game. That would be fair and in the middle but I dont see EA losing the exclusive license so this is all just a waste of time.

Okay. If you're enjoying M13 and think that its better than 2005, good for you. Thats your opinion and you're entitled to it. I dont. I dont even think that M13 is better than M12 but again, to each his/her own.

We'll have to just agree to disagree.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #261
Banned

Big problem with Madden being the only Football game out, is that it must cater to all its fans. The Sim junkies are so last decade ... back in the 90s, early 2000s.

Even John Madden Football, the original was regarded as Simulation Football. straight up, no nonsense game of strategy.

It may be hard to watch, but this is the first ever Madden game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EbPghLpK6c

"Ok sword, what does an old game have to do with today's game."

Think outside the box here ... this game of John Madden Football had no gimmick. its main goal was to simulate football. over the years, you make football games but the main problem is the company develops training incapacity. this is the reason why Madden has like an arcade-cartoonish feel. Concentrating on football and less gimmicks is the way Madden should go. Look at the PS2 Madden, they were going in the right direction. Graphics were terrible, but the main aspect - the FOCUS was Football. NextGen Madden is just about having cool menus and graphics, not about gameplay. They only recently struck gold with gameplay through the Infinity Engine THIS YEAR. They had since 2005 when they decided to take over the NFL license to make moves. My guess is because the license expires, they wont be the only NFL Game in town so they need some sort of edge. if 2K Football comes back, forget about it. Madden would turn into NBA Live in a matter of years (wont say right away cause the Madden franchise is very popular but it'll eventually fade).

If Madden 14 is to be successful, they need to go back and look at John Madden Football from 1988. Focus on the aspects of football, the tackling, the strategy. Make sure the A.I. is efficient then go somewhere else like Connected Careers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #262
MVP

OVR: 15

I would give this game a 7.5 out of 10. It would be a 8.5 if we had more options in ccm. Definetly the best madden of this gen.
Btw is anyone else having a pretty big learning curve with this game. Idk what it is but I'm struggling
Old 09-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #263
Rookie

OVR: 4
This madden is a joke. Not horrible but nowhere close to at least an 7.0. Connected careers is broken. Whenever you start a career as a current coach the Carolina Panthers always sign Ryan Grant and start him. Are you kidding? I saw this and then began checking all the other teams and the jets were starting Chris Ivory. The Vikings were starting McNabb. C'mon are you kidding. This game is always just a money maker for EA. they could care less about the gamers. Same junk as last year. Infinity engine!!!!!??!!!!! Yea ok. The players look like they gt shot with a 12 gauge after taking a kickoff return and being tackled. Infinity inshmitity!!!!! After plays lineman begin to walk away and trip over injured players and fall on them. This game would be a 10.0 on original Xbox. That's about it. Sorry for ramblling but if you haven't bought it you deserve to know.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #264
Rookie

OVR: 1
i think my biggest issue is mostly that i did not know how much had been changed and removed from offline franchise, if i had i would never have bought the game. i agree with those who say no one can speak for everybody, and i agree that ea is trying to please everybody in terms of gameplay modes. but i just cannot accept the complete degradation that has taken place as far as offline franchise, because for me that is the one and only mode i care about at all. it just frustrates me that i spent this money on a game that i already know i am not going to play, and will probably just take back if the patch does not significantly fix some stuff. unfortunately i know one of the biggest things taken out of the game for me was draft class importing and they have already announced it will not be added back to this years or likely even next years game. it is just sad that in order to cater to online all of those who wish to play offline have been forgotten. it is probably great for online players, but it sucks for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »